• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is it possible to renounce salvation?

• Members
On 7/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, Scott Lyons said:

Both Calvinism and Arminianism are heresy! Calvinism teaches that if a person walks away from the faith and rejects Christianity they were not saved to begin with and Arminianism teaches that if a person walks away from the faith and rejects Christianity that they lost their salvation. Both are absolutely false! The Holy Spirit seals us once we are saved and no one can pluck a believer out of God's hand. The moment you believe and trust the gospel, you are saved and have eternal life which can never be lost! Calvinism and Arminianism are both from the pit of hell and must be avoided!!!

Neither are heresy, its just that Calvinism understand the method of salvation better!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hi my name is Peter and I want to share my personal testimony about this topic.

Almost a year ago I was disobidient to the guiding of the Holy Spirit and did fall away from Jesus. Long story short I got confused and upset with God and that led me to deny Jesus publicly.

Ever since I have been going  around with a so-called reprobate mind (worse thoughts in my head than before being born again) and now have a real fear and expectation of going to hell and I find it impossible to turn to Jesus again with an honest heart so for me the hebrews 6 verse is very much present in my life.

I feel like the Holy Spirit left me for good.

So don't take your walk with Christ lightly - I feel like I am living in a nightmare.

• Members
12 minutes ago, PeterPoul said:

Hi my name is Peter and I want to share my personal testimony about this topic.

Almost a year ago I was disobidient to the guiding of the Holy Spirit and did fall away from Jesus. Long story short I got confused and upset with God and that led me to deny Jesus publicly.

Ever since I have been going  around with a so-called reprobate mind (worse thoughts in my head than before being born again) and now have a real fear and expectation of going to hell and I find it impossible to turn to Jesus again with an honest heart so for me the hebrews 6 verse is very much present in my life.

I feel like the Holy Spirit left me for good.

So don't take your walk with Christ lightly - I feel like I am living in a nightmare.

If you're really worried about it, there is still hope. If you really got saved, you cannot be lost again.