• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baptismal Regeneration (revisited)

chev1958 - thank you for understanding & responding to the question in Heb 9.

Addition:
I don't expect you to change your practice, but I do expect you to recognise the Scripturally informed conscience of those who practise sprinkling of pouring baptism of believers.

I will remind you that this is a Baptist forum, and presenting false doctrine such as this will not be tolerated. You have gone beyond simple discussion to declaring Scriptural doctrine wrong. You choose to believe that the shed blood of Christ is not sufficient to provide salvation; you believe there is something else that you must do to ensure your salvation. There is nothing we can do to earn it nor keep it, other than repentence. Anyone can choose to be wrong. And you have been warned before about spreading your non-Scriptural doctrines on this forum before. I suggest you move on.

BTW, while some Baptists do use "the sinner's prayer," I think you'll find most OB pastors and members don't.

Chev.

I am well aware that this is a Baptist forum. I have attempted to end the "discussion" which is as I said useless since you choose to believe in your denominational doctrine rather than what the Bible actually teaches, but various ones continue to ask me questions and claim that I am not doing what is right by refraining from answering the questions. You attack me as teaching false doctrine though I have supported with Scripture everything that I have said. If you wish to continue in your denominational doctrine, that is your freedom to do but I would remind you that the Bible is the source of authority for us and not denominational doctrine.

I thank you for the information on the issue of the "sinner's prayer;" I was not aware that you do not use it.

By the way, there is nothing one can do to merit salvation, not even repentance. One does not merit salvation by OBeying what one is commanded to do.

Tim,

I would tell the man dying on the street the same thing I would tell anyone who desired to know the plan of salvation. Why would I tell him anything else? Would it do him a bit of good if I gave him any other teaching that the truth?

How about I simply tell him that he should pat his head? Would that do him any good? Of course it wouldn't. Nether would telling him that he simply had to believe that Christ is the Son of God (simply knowledge of that fact). Neither would telling him to say some prayer which one can not even find in the word of God.

Here is a question for you. Why is it that someone will deny the fact that one must be baptized for salvation (which is clearly taught in scripture) and yet claim that one must say some "sinner's prayer" which is no where found in scripture?

Let me see....believe what the Word of God actually does say or believe that which denominationalist falsly claim is there? Not a difficult choice for me.

Another interresting fact...Christ was preached in Acts 2 and the Jews were baptized; He was preached in Acts 8 and the eunuch was baptized; he was preached in Acts 16 and the Philippian Jailor and his house were baptized.....we can continue if you wish.

I don't want to take you out of context here.
Just to clarify your answer. Are you saying since my "straw" man dying in the street wasn't baptized then, he goes to hell?

Well coc, I reckon we all are on our way to eternity that you have decided we are on our way to.

The thing is I am going to rely on what I BELIEVE in to get me there. The question was asked, and reading the thread, I believe we have answered the ? Biblically. You don't want to accept the answer, I sure cannot make you accept it.

Like it or not, cause I'm not asking you if i can. I am praying for you.

Well coc, I reckon we all are on our way to eternity that you have decided we are on our way to.

The thing is I am going to rely on what I BELIEVE in to get me there. The question was asked, and reading the thread, I believe we have answered the ? Biblically. You don't want to accept the answer, I sure cannot make you accept it.

Like it or not, cause I'm not asking you if i can. I am praying for you.

Your "destanation," the "destanation" of the others on this site, my "destnation" nor the "destanation" of anyone else is based on anything I decided but upon the Word of God (John 12:48). I pray for you and everyone else as well.