• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Satan Turned America Against God - Chapter One

• Members

many times, God judges Israel, but what did the faithful do? They sought God's face; they prayed, they turned from their wicked ways, and God took blessed them. I did not get to read the article in question, but I do believe that God is not pleased when Muslims can promote a false God, and make the true children of God look like a bunch of buffoons. I wonder, How long will the Lord put up with this injustice; injustice to His Holy name, as well as the injustice done to His people. Today, alla can be taught in public schools; today you can talk about false gods openly and even reverently, and you incur a death penalty for blaspheming his name, but you cannot mention the name of the Lord. is it any wonder that God would judge America?

It is high time that American Christians get serious about this, and seek after the Lord with their entire being, and openly stand for the lord against this false god called alla.

• Members

I owned this book along with his Baptist history in America book. I bought it on ebay for one dollar. I couldn't get through them, though. I found myself getting depressed reading them. No sense on dwelling on the good ol' days when they never will return. At least not until Christ returns.

Ezra 3:12- But many of the priests and Levites and chief of the fathers, who were ancient men, that had seen the first house, when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, wept with a loud voice; and many shouted aloud for joy:

• Members

We should certainly all be drawing closer to the Lord, dropping all things that hinder us, and pursuing holiness with diligence. Even if the Lord brings America to destruction, He will preserve His remnant and we need to be strong in the Lord.

I read Dr. Grady's book "What Hath God Wrought" and while it does show the downward slide of America towards the end of the book, I found the book edifying and encouraging by the examples given of strong men of God in earlier America.

• Members

I read Dr. Grady's book "What Hath God Wrought" and while it does show the downward slide of America towards the end of the book, I found the book edifying and encouraging by the examples given of strong men of God in earlier America.

But all these "strong men of God" are gone never to return. America will never return to the good ol' days either. What I need are lessons in how to survive in todays America. I don't think learning how they did it back then helps too much now because this is a very different country now. This is just my opinion.

Acts 13:36- For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

• Members

Are we to understand that those "natural" disasters are directly related to the POTUS' attitude to the Jewish national Israel state? And that God has determined that the land should be governed by a Godless people who continue to reject their Messiah, Jesus, & oppress & displace the inhabitants of the land who seek to live in peace & attend their crops & herds?

It is easy to quote old covenant prophecy to prove Israel's right to the land. We are living under the new covenant - the old is FINISHED. The LORD declared by Micah: He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Are we to believe that that requirement no longer applies?

Our Lord Jesus specifically said, Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

What is wrong with a single state solution, where all have equal rights under the law, regardless of religion?

Zec 2:4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited [as] towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
5 For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Jhn 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Gal. 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

National ethnic Israel & the land no longer have any prophetic significance. To do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God will never lose its significance.

The Gospel of Jesus applies to all - including Jew & Muslim & the ethnic Christians of the land. To wage war in Gospel days to try to realise old covenant prophecy is absolutely contrary to the new covenant Gospel.

• Members

But all these "strong men of God" are gone never to return. America will never return to the good ol' days either. What I need are lessons in how to survive in todays America. I don't think learning how they did it back then helps too much now because this is a very different country now. This is just my opinion.

Acts 13:36- For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

I wasn't speaking to how some of them dealt with certain specific aspects, but like the men of God in Scripture, many of them led strong prayer lives, clung to Christ no matter what, and served the Lord whatever the circumstances.

I fully agree there will be no return to the past and we need to become or help raise up strong men of God today. By the examples of Scripture and history it would seem America has crossed the Rubicon.