• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

California's Prop 8 - Merit Hearing - CSPAN - PRAY!

• Members

Few of us are aware just how much prayer is needed for proposition 8 in California to be upheld. Today during arguments of proponent's lawyers (those in favor of prop8) to have standing or grounds to move forward to institute this law and repeal the stay by a lower court a very serious issue was put forward by the court.

That issue in our layman’s terms is difficult, here goes. If the amendment to the California constitution (prop8) is found to be unconstitutional with respect to the U.S. Constitution and 14th Amendment; then, applied in the narrower sense (to California) would it also apply in the broader sense to all states? This was the question of the court to the opponent lawyer speaking on behalf of homosexuals.

What did I say? If the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals strike down the amendment (prop 8) in California then this corrupt panel of judges would attempt to apply or at the very least set precedence to the entire nation.

In simpler terms, the court would move to strike down all laws nationwide with respect to marriage defined as between one man and one woman. Our courts and particularly this 9th Court is a pit of vipers so anxious to move forward an agenda of ungodliness.

I’m not about to tell you what to do but, as for me and my house, we will pray that the California law is upheld.

• Members

:amen: May the Lord interceed so marriage as God created it may be upheld while ungodly, false "marriage" is refuted. :icon_pray:

Thanks John, we know God will answer our prayers in this matter. One way or another God will answer.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Micah 2:1 Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

• Administrators

Sad thing is this shouldn't even get a hearing in court: the judge should throw it out as a frivolous lawsuit because the people spoke via a referendum that the state constitution allows and that vote should be honored. I guarantee you that had the marijuana vote had gone the other way, it wouldn't be in court, and it's upholders would say the people spoke...

• Members

Thanks John, we know God will answer our prayers in this matter. One way or another God will answer.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Micah 2:1 Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

:amen::bible:

• Members

I will pray that it is removed, and replaced with common sense. Government is looking at this all wrong. There's no such thing as "gay rights" just like there's no such thing as "secular marriage". People don't have collective rights, we have individual rights. And marriage is not a union by government, it's a union by God- that makes it 'religious'. Government has no business getting involved in religious affairs.

I propose something very simple: Stop requiring government to define, establish, and regulate marriage. If it wants to start making it's own secular 'civil union' thing for legal or tax purposes, fine. But defining something that has historically been religious is not a duty of the government.

Edited by Kubel

• Members

I will pray that it is removed, and replaced with common sense. Government is looking at this all wrong. There's no such thing as "gay rights" just like there's no such thing as "secular marriage". People don't have collective rights, we have individual rights. And marriage is not a union by government, it's a union by God- that makes it 'religious'. Government has no business getting involved in religious affairs.

I propose something very simple: Stop requiring government to define, establish, and regulate marriage. If it wants to start making it's own secular 'civil union' thing for legal or tax purposes, fine. But defining something that has historically been religious is not a duty of the government.

Unfortunately the majority of our government is comprised of lost people and they're not listening to God. So its left for God's people to at least make a voice for righteousness for the time being. God will be the final judge and we all know how that will end.

• Members

Unfortunately the majority of our government is comprised of lost people and they're not listening to God. So its left for God's people to at least make a voice for righteousness for the time being. God will be the final judge and we all know how that will end.

And many of the ones in our government that are saved pay no never mind to God's way.