• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America in Prophecy

• Members

To Kitagri,

You are right about America being part of a Western confederacy. It will begin with all the Christian nations who God causes to believe the lie of the

antichrist after the rapture and the holy Spirits restraining influence is removed according to 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 The West will still be in control of earth

and be the adversary of Jesus when He comes to redeem Israel according to Isaiah 59:18-60:2 KJV

• Members

I do not believe ANY country today is specifically in prophecy. We can freely apply warnings & encouragements of Scriptureto our own situation, but prophecy - No.

It's nice to think of Scriptures like: The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof applying to the British Isles but surely such should be understood in a general sense. Even though Isaac Watts (who went to the same school as I did in Southampton) paraphrased Ps. 100 thus:

Sing to the Lord with joyful voice,

Let every land his name adore;

The British isles shall send the noise

Across the ocean to the shore.

Nations, attend before his throne

With solemn fear, with sacred joy;

Know that the Lord is God alone;

He can create and he destroy.

America being the shore across the ocean benefited, but I do not think it wise to read with the Bible in one hand & a newspaper in the other.

• Members

TO Covenanter,

There are scriptures that do refer to countries by description. Consider the following verses.

6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon. —Zechariah 2:6–7 KJV

Zechariah 2:6 tells the Jews to come home from the north. About 1,250,000 Russian Jews have gone home to Israel since 1948. Israel now has a

population of between 5,500,000 and 6,000,000 Jewish people. Close to 23% of Israel’s population has come from the Russian north since 1948. My

mother paid for several Russian Jews’ passage home to Israel. This Bible passage is written for our time!Now that the Russian Jews are going home,

where are the Jews who are living with the daughter of Babylon? There is only one large group of Jews remaining outside of Israel. There are about

6,000,000 Jews in America.

That’s right! There are about as many Jews in America as there are in Israel! I believe America is the daughter of Babylon who has inherited the

super-power status of the Gentile world.

• Members

While I do believe some nations of today may be mentioned, I also agree with Covenanter about the dangers of reading the Bible in one hand while trying to find things from the newspaper inside.

Throughout history there have been claims that this or that prophecy refers to this or that nation, this or that leader, this or that event.

The Black Plague, various popes, Hitler, World War Two...these are just a tiny few of the many people and things folks have looked to and in their time declared they fit the same prophecies folks today find different meanings for, and often folks before them had seen different meanings.

In my lifetime I've heard it said Christ would return by 1988, then it was changed to 2008 another year, and then another, all based on the nation of Israel coming on the scene in 1948 and then Israel taking all of Jersusalem in 1968. I've heard all the ways the Soviet Union was the key to end times prophecy...until they collapsed. I heard how when the EU came to have 10 members the end would come, but it didn't. Then the view changed to a larger EU that would eventually become smaller again. Then many changed to the idea of a spiritual revived Roman Empire rather than a more literal one, and some today still claim that all Western nations around the world somehow comprise the revived Roman Empire. I've heard back and forths regarding China, and in the past decade or so it's become the major thing to declare Islam is the key factor.

Scripture warns us against focusing too much on such matters and warns us against trying to determine when the end will actually come. At the same time, Scripture warns us that since these things are coming, we should be busy growing in Christ ourselves, spreading the Gospel and living Christ for others to see.

• Members

All of what you said has been true. But now that Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 tells us the day of the Lord is near it is near and hasteth greatly we know the end is

soon. When we saw 1,250,000 Jews come home from Russia we knew Zechariah 2:6 Was referring to Russia as the land of the north. When God told

Zion to also get out of the daughter of Babylon we know the daughter of Babylon has Jews in it. Since 66 percent of the Jews in the world, out side of

Israel, are in America it is probable that America is the daughter of Babylon.

Isaiah 5:24-30KJV Indicates that God will call a nation to Israel to take a prey from Israel to safety on the other end of the earth when the judgment by

fire happens. Revelation 12:14 indicates the rescue will be on the wings of a great eagle. That sure sounds like God will cause America to help Israel.

Revelation 16:10 KJV indicates that God will send darkness on the kingdom of antichrist before Armageddon. If America is the last Babylon, home of the

antichrist it should be darkened. I looked for the cause of the darkness in the Prophets.

The antichrist kingdom will be on the dark side of the earth when a permanent solar eclipse sets up over Israel before Armageddon.

The solar eclipse will last during the kingdom age. The eclipse starts over Israel in Habakkuk 3:11-13, also see it in the following: Amos 8:9, Isaiah 16:3, Isaiah 24:23, Joel

3:14-15, Job38:13,15,23-24, Isaiah 59:10,Israel will see Jesus coming as the lightning because they are under shadow of the moon. Isaiah59:20-60:2. During the Kingdom age the

solar eclipse will continue because the sun won't set and the moon won't withdraw. see Isaiah 60:19-20. This is new understanding and needed much evidence. America will be the

home kingdom of the antichrist on the dark side of the earth.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

To John81 and every one,

Did you look up the scriptures that I think are describing a permanent solar eclipce. The one in Isaiah 60:19-20 Where the sun won't go down and neither

will the moon with drawl during the kingdom age, seemed very clear to me. I asked my self , if this is a solar eclipse why would God do this? Malachi 4:1

tells us the day is coming that shall burn as an oven. Because, Isaiah 30:25-26 in the day of great slaughter the sun will get seven times stronger.

Because Isaiah 25:4-7 tells us a hot blast with the shadow of a cloud will destroy the covering or protective vail (ozone layer) over every nation. I believe

God sends Israel a shadow to protect her from the hot sun spoken of in Revelation16:8-9. While Israel is protected, America will be

darkened as judgment because America is the kingdom of antichrist. Revelation 16:10. Get a globe, look at Israel from a noon position.

All the Globe you see but Israel is in the light. The antichrist can't come from Europe, Asia, Africa or the Middle East because they are in the light!

I have written a book which gives the scriptures and explanations more clearly. It is called America's Last Warning sub titled The Wise Shall

Understand. It was published by Wine Press Publishing.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Actually, America is in prophecy. However, whether "our" America will last is highly doubtful. America is on a slippery slope with no good end in sight.

Zechariah 14:1-3

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

America will be right in there trying to destroy Israel.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

To Nicolaitans and all,

The women and children will be carried away by a great Eagle Rev12:14 , Isaiah 5:24-30 says it will be to the other end of the earth as prey safely. When

Jesus comes as the lightning, the army of the eagle will still be at the carcase of Israel. Matthew 24:27-28

In the 6th seal when the curse of nuclear fire burns Russia and America, the Jews will finally turn back to God. Ezekiel 39:6-8.

Isaiah 24:6,14-16 tells us that Isaiah could hear someone praising God when the fires fall on the land in the sea on the other side of the earth. I believe It

is the the Jews in America on other side of the earth from Israel,

that praise God when they turn back to God after see the nuclear judgment. America is Israel's ally in the first half of the tribulation but

become treacherous dealers when the antichrist takes Israel for himself. Isaiah 24:16b

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

To Nicolaitans and all,

The women and children will be carried away by a great Eagle Rev12:14 , Isaiah 5:24-30 says it will be to the other end of the earth as prey safely. When

Jesus comes as the lightning, the army of the eagle will still be at the carcase of Israel. Matthew 24:27-28

In the 6th seal when the curse of nuclear fire burns Russia and America, the Jews will finally turn back to God. Ezekiel 39:6-8.

Isaiah 24:6,14-16 tells us that Isaiah could hear someone praising God when the fires fall on the land in the sea on the other side of the earth. I believe It

is the the Jews in America on other side of the earth from Israel,

that praise God when they turn back to God after see the nuclear judgment. America is Israel's ally in the first half of the tribulation but

become treacherous dealers when the antichrist takes Israel for himself. Isaiah 24:16b

Eric Stahl...

Revelation 12:14 says nothing about children. The woman represents Israel...not women and children. The woman (Israel) being given two wings of a great eagle is allegorical language which simply describes the speed in which Israel will go into hiding and safety.

Revelation 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Are you implying that America is the "eagle" simply because the eagle is our national bird?

The verses you referenced from Isaiah 5:24-30 are not saying that Israel will go to the other end of the earth, it says that God will cause the nations from the end of the earth to come to Israel. Those nations will take Israel (the prey) "safely". In other words, though Israel is taken over and dispersed, God will still keep them safe. You left out an important part of verse 29...

Isaiah 5:29
Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold on the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.

Isaiah 5 is a reference to Israel's captivity and dispersion...not the tribulation period. Israel will be delivered at the end of the tribulation period.

Concerning your reference to Matthew 24:27-28...Israel is not the carcase!

Matthew 24:27-28
27 For as lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Yes, Jesus comes as lightning, but who is destroyed when he comes? The beast (antichrist), false prophet, and the armies of the world who are gathered...fighting against Israel!!! They are the carcase...not Israel!

II Thessalonians 2:8-9
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Revelation 19:19-21
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Concerning your interpretation that the 6th Seal judgment is a nuclear bomb...on America and Russia...
The 6th seal judgment is, first of all, from God...not man. Secondly, these are natural disasters...not a nuclear bomb. Thirdly, these judgments affect the whole earth...not just America and Russia!

Revelation 6:12-16
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

These are natural disasters...sent by God through Jesus Christ opening the seals...upon EVERYONE on earth...not just America and Russia. The only thing that even remotely seems nuclear is the heaven departing as a scroll. However, these judgments are from God, and God doesn't need a nuclear bomb. The heavens depart as a scroll when it's rolled together...not apart.

Concerning Isaiah 24:6, and 14-16...

Concerning verse 6...

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Again, this isn't from a nuclear bomb. This sounds more like the 4th Vial Judgment of Revelation 16:8-9...

8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

This is a supernatural ecological disaster that God is in charge of...not man with a nuclear bomb.

Concerning verses 14-16...

First, it doesn't say that Isaiah heard people praising; it says "we" have heard songs. Secondly, verse 15 says...

Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

This is a command to glorify God in the fires and isles of the sea...not "while the fire is falling on the [other side of the earth]" That word for fire is "firelight or dawning light". It's a command to glorify God night and day.

Verse 16 says "the uttermost part of the earth"...not the "other side of the earth". They heard singing from the uttermost part of the earth...every part of the earth, not just the other side. That's a big difference from your interpretation of the Jews being in America on the other side of the earth from Israel.

Here's the verse in its entirety...
From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. BUT I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

This is not a verse of commendation! Though they heard songs...even glory being given...men's hearts are still desperately wicked and sinful!

• Members

The sixth seal Judgment (God's nuclear war)

Rev 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? KJV

Isa 25:3-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. KJV

Isa 34:1-4
34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. KJV

Isa 51:6
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. KJV

Jer 25:15 God sends the cup of judgment that looks like a great whirlwind and goes from nation to nation.
Isaiah 26:11 says that the fire of Israel's enemies will destroy them.

Jer 25:29-33
29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the Lord of hosts.
30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The Lord shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the Lord hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the Lord.
32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground. KJV

Joel 2:30-31
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, (((before ))) the great and the terrible day of the Lord come. KJV

Zech 14:12-14
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. KJV

Isa 33:11-12
11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire. KJV

Before the great and terrible day of the Lord, God will cause men to send evil from nation to nation that will look like pillars of fire and great whirlewinds that will have a hot blast with a shadow of a hot cloud which will burn men as lime and destroy the protective vail over every nation. This causes the sun to become black as sackcloth and the moon to look like blood and the heavens to roll up as a scroll. I believe God causes men to fight a nuclear war. God used nations to judge Israel all through history and He is going to do it again.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

To No Nicolaitans and all,

Notice in Isaiah 5:29 that the woman is carried away as prey back to the end of the earth, where the ensign was called from by God.

Zechariah 12:11-14 KJV tells us that all the wives and families are apart from the men at the end when Jesus is coming.

Isaiah 60:8-9 tells us that the families will be brought back to Israel by the ships of Tarshish during the kingdom age as clouds flying from the isles. America is one of the young lions or colonies of Tarshish from Ezekiel 38:13 because we are an offspring of the Roman Empire peoples.

When the woman is carried away, it is on the wings of a great Eagle. Revelation 12:14

Isaiah told us where the women and children would be taken too and where they would be brought back from and John told us what the ensign would be of the nation that would carry them away.

Zechariah 14:1-2 tells us the women would be ravished and half of the population would be carried away during the day of the Lord.

None shall deliver Israel from Isaiah 5:29

Matthew 24:27-28 Yes the antichrist and his army will be destroyed when Jesus comes back. The army of the antichrist is the army of the eagle which is in Israel, the carcase.

When the antichrist and America take the women and children away he is an ally of Israel, but he will break the covenant and become a treacherous dealer in the uttermost part of the earth from Israel. Isaiah 24:6,14-16

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

To No Nicolaitans and all,

Notice in Isaiah 5:29 that the woman is carried away as prey back to the end of the earth, where the ensign was called from by God.

Zechariah 12:11-14 KJV tells us that all the wives and families are apart from the men at the end when Jesus is coming.

Isaiah 60:8-9 tells us that the families will be brought back to Israel by the ships of Tarshish during the kingdom age as clouds flying from the isles. America is one of the young lions or colonies of Tarshish from Ezekiel 38:13 because we are an offspring of the Roman Empire peoples.

When the woman is carried away, it is on the wings of a great Eagle. Revelation 12:14

Isaiah told us where the women and children would be taken too and where they would be brought back from and John told us what the ensign would be of the nation that would carry them away.

Zechariah 14:1-2 tells us the women would be ravished and half of the population would be carried away during the day of the Lord.

None shall deliver Israel from Isaiah 5:29

Matthew 24:27-28 Yes the antichrist and his army will be destroyed when Jesus comes back. The army of the antichrist is the army of the eagle which is in Israel, the carcase.

When the antichrist and America take the women and children away he is an ally of Israel, but he will break the covenant and become a treacherous dealer in the uttermost part of the earth from Israel. Isaiah 24:6,14-16

Eric, are you copying and pasting these replies? I'm only asking because of the small type. I've noticed when copying and pasting, the type comes out small like this. If you are, after pasting it, can you highlight it with your cursor, and change the size to 14...it's really hard to read that small fuzzy type.

These two quotes are from your post #26

Jer 25:15 God sends the cup of judgment that looks like a great whirlwind and goes from nation to nation.

Eric, there is nothing in that verse about a whirlwind...here's the verse...

Jeremiah 25:15
For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to who I send thee, to drink it.

Perhaps you meant Jeremiah 25:32?
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Isaiah 26:11 says that the fire of Israel's enemies will destroy them.

Eric, that's not what the verse says...here's the verse...

Isaiah 26:11
LORD, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.

It's God's enemies, not Israel's. Perhaps one might claim that God's enemies are Israel's enemies; however, don't make a verse say something it doesn't say. Regardless, this section of Isaiah isn't speaking of the Tribulation period.

Okay...now to the quote from your post #27...

Again, Isaiah 5:29 does not say the woman is carried away as prey back to the end of the earth. The ensign is found in Isaiah 5:26. This ensign is a call to battle that God uses to bring the nations from the end of the earth...not the women and children of Israel.

Zechariah 12:11-14 does not say the women and families are apart from the men "when" Jesus is coming. This is immediately after Jesus has returned and they look on him whom they pierced. They will mourn for him when they realize that Jesus truly is their Messiah (verse 10). Then, verse 11 begins with...In that day. What day? In the time after they've seen Jesus...the day of their mourning for him.

Yes, the families will be apart...in mourning for Jesus and their failure to have accepted him before he appeared. Though he has now delivered Israel as a whole, individuals will mourn for him.

I agree that Isaiah 60 is describing the Kingdom age when Jesus rules and reigns on earth...however...the sons mentioned in verse 10 coming from the ships of Tarshish...are people from Tarshish...not the families of Israel. Isaiah 60 is talking about the Gentile people/nations who will come to Israel...not Israelites coming to Israel. Israel will already be in Israel.

No, the woman (Israel) is given two wings of a great eagle herself. She (Israel) does the flying, not someone else. I've noticed you always capitalize the "E" in the word eagle. Is that to further emphasize your belief that the eagle is America? The Bible doesn't capitalize it. Why? Because it's allegorical language used to "describe" the speed in which Israel goes into hiding and safety.

I've heard this "young lions is America" theory before. The people of Tarshish settled in Spain. Granted, Spain was part of the Roman Empire, but we weren't colonized here in America by Spaniards. Spain did send Christopher Columbus when he discovered America, but Spain didn't colonize America...Europeans did.

I can't prove that the "young lions" aren't America, but neither can they be proven to be America. Anyway, Ezekiel 38:13 says "with all the young lions thereof". Thereof of who? Sheba, Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish. The young lions belong to them.

You said, "Isaiah told us where the women and children would be taken to and where they would be brought back from."
Actually, YOU told us where Isaiah said the women and children will be taken to and brought back from.

You said, "And John told us what the ensign would be of the nation that would carry them away."
Actually, YOU told us that John told us what the ensign would be of the nation that would carry them away. America's ensign is the stars and stripes...there is no eagle on our ensign.

In so doing, you had to take parts of verses and insert them into other verses to explain your theory. You've taken verses that don't apply to the Tribulation period and forced them apply to the Tribulation period to fit your theory.

I agree with what you're saying about Zechariah 14:1-2; however, you're using that to justify your "women and children are carried away to America (the eagle) on the other side of the earth" theory...

Eric, you can't make the Bible say what you want it to say. Zechariah 14:2 simply says that half of the city (Jerusalem) will go forth into captivity. In Hebrew, that word for captivity means "exile". Yet, you want it to justify your "going to America" theory?

I've already commented on the other verses in your quote (Isaiah 5:29, Matthew 24:27-28, and Isaiah 24:6, and 14-16) in my post #25, so I'm not going to comment on them again.

Eric, I appreciate your zeal for prophecy; however, in your zeal, I fear you are twisting scripture to fit your theory.

Let the Bible say what it says. The judgments of the Tribulation Period are called The Wrath of God and The Wrath of the Lamb. The judgments come from HIM...not man...not a nuclear bomb. If any of his judgments "appear" similar to a nuclear bomb, so be it...however, don't limit God to the inventions of sinful man and declare that God has to use a nuclear bomb to judge mankind...when the Bible clearly says that HE is sending the judgments. Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Isa 25:3-7

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

Jer 25:29-33
29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the Lord of hosts.
30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The Lord shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the Lord hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the Lord.
32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Isaiah 26:11 Lord, when thy hand is lifted up,they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.

Isa 33:11-12
11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble:your breath, as fire, shall devour you.

Before the great and terrible day of the Lord, God will cause men to send evil from nation to nation that will look like pillars of fire and great whirlewinds that will have a hot blast with a shadow of a hot cloud which will burn men as lime and destroy the protective vail over every nation. This causes the sun to become black as sackcloth and the moon to look like blood and the heavens to roll up as a scroll. I believe God causes men to fight a nuclear war. God used nations to judge Israel all through history and He is going to do it again.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

TO Covenanter,

There are scriptures that do refer to countries by description. Consider the following verses.

6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon. —Zechariah 2:6–7 KJV

Zechariah 2:6 tells the Jews to come home from the north. About 1,250,000 Russian Jews have gone home to Israel since 1948. Israel now has a

population of between 5,500,000 and 6,000,000 Jewish people. Close to 23% of Israel’s population has come from the Russian north since 1948. My

mother paid for several Russian Jews’ passage home to Israel. This Bible passage is written for our time!Now that the Russian Jews are going home,

where are the Jews who are living with the daughter of Babylon? There is only one large group of Jews remaining outside of Israel. There are about

6,000,000 Jews in America.

That’s right! There are about as many Jews in America as there are in Israel! I believe America is the daughter of Babylon who has inherited the

super-power status of the Gentile world.

Many Jews went to Israel from Russia and then went on to USA. My son married one of them, and they now live in Nevada.