• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God's Merciful Hand Removed Because of Israel

• Members

I have heard the verses that God will bless those that bless Israel and curse those that curse Israel. With the entrance of our new president, who is alleged 65% muslim and boasts a muslim name, do you think Israel will continue to love us and trust us as a "friend"? If not, do you think God will withdraw His hand of blessing on this country?

• Members

From what I know, we haven't been completely supporting Isreal already. Bush was in the beginning, but even he has swayed some from pressure from other people. In the name of peace (since everyone hates Isreal) we will soon be against them too. Our blessings have been getting slowly reduced and removed for awhile now. So slowly, we haven't noticed it much. That is why we have the president we will shortly have. No worry about another country taking this country out. It will happen from within. Slowly before anyone notices its gone or to late to do anything about it.

• Members
I have heard the verses that God will bless those that bless Israel and curse those that curse Israel. With the entrance of our new president' date=' who is alleged 65% muslim and boasts a muslim name, do you think Israel will continue to love us and trust us as a "friend"? If not, do you think God will withdraw His hand of blessing on this country?[/quote']
Right again, C.

God's Word is full of promises and they are always accurate and timely. They never get dated or faded.

• Members

Yes, I believe that if we move away from Isreal, God will continue what I believe he has already started - lifting the blessings from our once Godly nation.

Many christians will try to blame this all on BO, but it goes far deeper than him. He is just one more straw on the camel's back at this point.

• Members

Israel has not trusted America all along. This is why every so often a spy "scandal" or some such thing pops up involving Israel and America.

America has been a lukewarm, self-interested friend under the best of times. Under Bush, America has placed more and more pressure upon Israel to give up land, free Muslim terrorists and criminals, and make other concessions to the Arabs in the name of peace. Obama will likely continue this policy and if he has the time and opportunity, likely press such matters with more vigor.

America is already under great judgement for turning away from God and nothing short of something akin to another Great Awakening is likely to change that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
With the entrance of our new president, who is alleged 65% muslim and boasts a muslim name

Do you understand that this statement makes no sense at all. A person can not be 65% Muslim. Ether they are or they are not. And the name thing really bugs me. You do realize that a person's name has nothing to do with their religion. To use your logic every person with a Biblical name like Peter or John is a Christian, or at least 65%, right.

Israel has not trusted America all along. This is why every so often a spy "scandal" or some such thing pops up involving Israel and America.

America has been a lukewarm, self-interested friend under the best of times.

Only stupid countries "trust" other countries. And you are right about the scandal part. Israel is a major supplier of military know-how and equipment to the People's Republic of China. China's new jet fighter the J-11 and the Israeli fighter the Lavi (which the US paid for, and then convinced Israel not to produce and sell) look eerily similar. And of course, you do realize that no country has friends. Countries do only what is in their best interests. That is all they do.

Under Bush, America has placed more and more pressure upon Israel to give up land, free Muslim terrorists and criminals, and make other concessions to the Arabs in the name of peace. Obama will likely continue this policy and if he has the time and opportunity, likely press such matters with more vigor.

It is Israel that has been trying to give land up to the Palestinians and it has to do with population. At this point approximately 30% of the people in green line Israel (Israel's pre-1967 borers) is Arab and has the right to vote and this does not count the large number of Arabs who live in the West bank and Gaza. Israel is a Jewish democracy. Because the Arab population is growing faster than the Jewish population, Israel will have to give up ether the Jewish or the democracy part. That is why they moved the settlements out of the Gaza strip. Well, that and the fact that Gaza is a hole.
And I highly doubt that Obama will do anything different about Israel. The Israeli lobby is one of the strongest in Washington. Since the 70's the US has supported Israel unconditionally. The US will occasionally say something, but continues to support Israel as the single largest recipient of foreign aid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

From the Israeli newspaper, Haaretz.

Obama supports Israel. Period.

Barack Obama's big speech on Israel is now over, and as expected, the candidate made no secret of his support and dedication to the special relationship between the U.S. and Israel. "My view is that the United States' special relationship with Israel obligates us to be helpful to them in the search for credible partners with whom they can make peace, while also supporting Israel in defending itself against enemies sworn to its destruction," were Obama's words to Haaretz last week. Today, he sounded as strong as Clinton, as supportive as Bush, as friendly as Giuliani. At least rhetorically, Obama passed any test anyone might have wanted him to pass. So, he is pro-Israel. Period.

On Iran (an obvious enemy of Israel): "The kinds of communications that he would engage in and the pressure he envisions on Iran may differ in some respect from the other candidates," an adviser to Barack Obama told the NY Sun yesterday. And in the speech he made today, in Chicago, Obama showed his cards. He was clear, but not as tough as Edwards' "Let me be clear: Under no circumstances can Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons" or Clinton's "we cannot, we should not, we must not permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons."
Here's what Obama said: "The world must work to stop Iran's uranium enrichment program and prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. It is far too dangerous to have nuclear weapons in the hands of a radical theocracy. And while we should take no option, including military action, off the table, sustained and aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions should be our primary means to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons."

On Iraq and Israel: "A consequence of the Administration's failed strategy in Iraq has been to strengthen Iran's strategic position; reduce U.S. credibility and influence in the region; and place Israel and other nations friendly to the United States in greater peril."

On American aid to Israel: "We must preserve our total commitment to our unique defense relationship with Israel by fully funding military assistance and continuing work on the Arrow and related missile defense programs."

On diplomacy: "Our job is to do more than lay out another road map."

On Israel's security: "Our job is to rebuild the road to real peace and lasting security throughout the region. That effort begins with a clear and strong commitment to the security of Israel: Our strongest ally in the region and its only established democracy. That will always be my starting point."

On the Palestinian leadership: "We should all be concerned about the agreement negotiated among Palestinians in Mecca last month."

On U.S. mediation: "We should never seek to dictate what is best for the Israelis and their security interests. No Israeli prime minister should ever feel dragged to or blocked from the negotiating table by the United States" - or is that about Syria?

I understand all the rhetoric about Obama's Muslim name and etc., but the fact of the matter is, he can go no farther than Congress will let him go. The United States of America still has an affinity to Israel. Though 99.9% of the people here, including myself, did not vote for him, let's give the guy a chance. Besides prayer, it's all we can do.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

An interesting character to watch is Nicholas Sarkozy of France. He is well liked in the region by both Jew and Arab alike and he is of Jewish decent. Just intersting, that's all. Consider the following article. I'm not guessing on who this character is, but the "lawless one," is going to come on the scene on the white horse of peace! Interesting.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Good article, PB!

There are now about the same # of Jews in the USA as there are in Israel, & we still have a lotta Jews in our fed. govt, both elected & appointed. And Barney Frank does NOT represent all Jews in our govt.

• Members

Mere words from Obama. He says he supports Israel so gullible Christians and Jews (especially Jews who always believe the wrong people and attack those who support them). Uh-huh. Right. Just like Condi Rice said she supported them whiling pressuring them to give up the Gaza Strip.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Do you understand that this statement makes no sense at all. A person can not be 65% Muslim. Ether they are or they are not. And the name thing really bugs me. You do realize that a person's name has nothing to do with their religion. To use your logic every person with a Biblical name like Peter or John is a Christian, or at least 65%, right.

Only stupid countries "trust" other countries. And you are right about the scandal part. Israel is a major supplier of military know-how and equipment to the People's Republic of China. China's new jet fighter the J-11 and the Israeli fighter the Lavi (which the US paid for, and then convinced Israel not to produce and sell) look eerily similar. And of course, you do realize that no country has friends. Countries do only what is in their best interests. That is all they do.

It is Israel that has been trying to give land up to the Palestinians and it has to do with population. At this point approximately 30% of the people in green line Israel (Israel's pre-1967 borers) is Arab and has the right to vote and this does not count the large number of Arabs who live in the West bank and Gaza. Israel is a Jewish democracy. Because the Arab population is growing faster than the Jewish population, Israel will have to give up ether the Jewish or the democracy part. That is why they moved the settlements out of the Gaza strip. Well, that and the fact that Gaza is a hole.
And I highly doubt that Obama will do anything different about Israel. The Israeli lobby is one of the strongest in Washington. Since the 70's the US has supported Israel unconditionally. The US will occasionally say something, but continues to support Israel as the single largest recipient of foreign aid.

Are you a born again God fearing Christian? If so do you have a love for the Jewish people and the Holy Land?

and remember......

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

If indeed you do have a love for Israel you might want to checkout the following link. I also support them.

International Fellowship Of Christians and Jews

• Members

While I DO NOT believe the Herbert Armstrong brand of "British Israelism", there IS a good possibility that many Americans and British are descended from the Israeli tribes of Ephraim and Manassah. The Jews are descendants of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. (The levites became Jews when they were evicted from the kingdom of the ten tribes when Jeroboam set up the golden calf idols.)

And currently, there are still about as many Jews in the USA as there are in Israel, including a great many in our federal govt.

And while there's a great deal of sin occurring in the USA, I don't believe it's reached the level of the Reconstruction Era when just about every official from presidential cabinet members to the dog catcher was "on the take", the "Wild West" was truly just that, bordellos, opium dens, & saloons operated openly, & outlaw gangs operated in virtually every sizable city. .