• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Amazon Boots WikiLeaks Off Its Cloud Computing Servers

• Members

Amazon Web Services kicked WikiLeaks off its self-service cloud servers Wednesday after staffers from the US Senate’s Homeland Security Committee called the company following news reports that Amazon was playing host to the renegade site.

The naïve self-appointed secrecy-puncturing “whistleblower” site sought refuge on Amazon after its own site in Sweden was downed by massive denial of service attacks that started when it began publishing equally massive amounts of purloined American diplomatic e-mails and private State Department documents.

Read the entire news report here:

http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/1634028

• Members

I was glad to hear Amazon did that. This guy knows he's wrong - else he'd be on American soil doing his dirty work. I do hope he is brought back here and tried (and convicted) for treason.

He has been arrested in London for possible extradtion to Sweden on sex crimes. It smells like a trumped up charge to get him extradited to US where I have no doubt he won't get a fair trial.

• Members

He has been arrested in London for possible extradtion to Sweden on sex crimes. It smells like a trumped up charge to get him extradited to US where I have no doubt he won't get a fair trial.

Sex crimes? He is reported to have consentual unprotected sex with two women, who made no complaint at the time. Now he is denounced & arrested as a rapist. Certainly not treason against the US as he is an Australian citizen.

Now, can we invent more crimes to get him put away for life? How about holding him in Guantanamo pending investigation?

I hope that murderous helicopter pilot has been charged - & the soldier on the ground been given the respect due for his horror of the crime against the children who were shot up when their father tried to pick up the wounded.

KUTGW, Julian, & repent of your sin & turn to Christ. But you are not the first person to be in trouble for revealing unwelcome truth.

• Members

Sex crimes? He is reported to have consentual unprotected sex with two women, who made no complaint at the time. Now he is denounced & arrested as a rapist. Certainly not treason against the US as he is an Australian citizen.

Now, can we invent more crimes to get him put away for life? How about holding him in Guantanamo pending investigation?

I hope that murderous helicopter pilot has been charged - & the soldier on the ground been given the respect due for his horror of the crime against the children who were shot up when their father tried to pick up the wounded.

KUTGW, Julian, & repent of your sin & turn to Christ. But you are not the first person to be in trouble for revealing unwelcome truth.

Yes, the more i hear on him, it seems as if he is not such a bad fellow after all.

• Members

Wikileaks is a free press. The government cannot legally interfere. But private corporations that do will face the wrath of consumers that don't appreciate them taking a stand against the free press.

I find it strange that so many conservatives can't recognize that free press is absolutely required in order for us to be a free people. I also find it strange that so many conservatives are ignorant when it comes to understanding the difference between a journalist and a traitor. Even if Assange was a US Citizen (he's not, thus it's impossible for him to be a traitor), and WikiLeaks was a phystical domestic free press (which it's not, thus it's impossible for them to be treasonous), the information was leaked to WikiLeaks from the government. Dispersing leaked information is not a crime, it's journalism.

Just think about it. This is the first time we've seen an attempt at the international level (not just China) to snuff out a free press devoted solely to government transparency. Also think about this, just days after WikiLeaks releases a massive amount of information that governments all over the world would rather the people not know, its spokesperson is brought up on charges previously dropped due to insufficient evidence.

WikiLeaks is much larger than any one spokesperson, and its web presence has since the very beginning been resistant to censorship- so not even the combined forces of international corporatism can silence people who desire transparent government.

• Members

Wikileaks is a free press. The government cannot legally interfere. But private corporations that do will face the wrath of consumers that don't appreciate them taking a stand against the free press.

I find it strange that so many conservatives can't recognize that free press is absolutely required in order for us to be a free people. I also find it strange that so many conservatives are ignorant when it comes to understanding the difference between a journalist and a traitor. Even if Assange was a US Citizen (he's not, thus it's impossible for him to be a traitor), and WikiLeaks was a phystical domestic free press (which it's not, thus it's impossible for them to be treasonous), the information was leaked to WikiLeaks from the government. Dispersing leaked information is not a crime, it's journalism.

Just think about it. This is the first time we've seen an attempt at the international level (not just China) to snuff out a free press devoted solely to government transparency. Also think about this, just days after WikiLeaks releases a massive amount of information that governments all over the world would rather the people not know, its spokesperson is brought up on charges previously dropped due to insufficient evidence.

WikiLeaks is much larger than any one spokesperson, and its web presence has since the very beginning been resistant to censorship- so not even the combined forces of international corporatism can silence people who desire transparent government.

Excellent points.

• Administrators

I didn't realize he wasn't an American citizen. You're right, it isn't treason against the American government then (but it is against his own if he leaked classified info on them). However, whoever leaked the documents to him is a traitor. I believe in a free press. But I don't believe that EVERYTHING that happens should be printed. Some things at the governmental level need to be kept quiet.

• Members

Now playing: Internet war.

Coming soon: Government places regulations on the internet for our safety and national security.

Followed by: Governments own the net, and the Antichrist owns the governments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336806/WikiLeaks-hackers-Operation-Payback-cyber-war-targets-Swedish-Government.html

• Members

'The judge,' on Fox news has been pointing out that what this man has done is not illegal, yet our politicians seems to be keep calling for his arrest for of all things, treason, and for his site to be shut donw.

Our politicians are nothing but a big joke, no matter what party their tied to or not tied to.

Many of our politicians would do good to watch Fox News, they might learn something that will keep them form making fools of their self.

• Members

'The judge,' on Fox news has been pointing out that what this man has done is not illegal, yet our politicians seems to be keep calling for his arrest for of all things, treason, and for his site to be shut donw.

Our politicians are nothing but a big joke, no matter what party their tied to or not tied to.

Many of our politicians would do good to watch Fox News, they might learn something that will keep them form making fools of their self.

So it's safe to say that all of you think what this man did was OK? Posting stolen intel documents on the internet?

Which one of you who lived, say, in Pakistan, had intel on Al Queda movements would want to divulge this info to the government if there was a chance it could end up on Wikileaks with your name mentioned?

Think, people, think!

For the sake of diplomacy some things need to remain secret.

I can't wait until they get ahold of your medical files. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

It's not a matter of whether what this man did was "right", good or best, but whether or not it was legal and the implications put forth by governments determining to go after one that hasn't broken the law as if he were a dangerous criminal, along with their efforts to have him blocked from the internet.

This man didn't steal the documents. The fact those documents are out there is evidence of lack of security within our own government and how they can't be trusted with private information. Some world leaders have been bold enough to point this out.

We may not like what this man has done but if he's done nothing illegal do we really want to support governments using their power to strike at this man? Do we really want to support the efforts to silence his internet precense?

Once such a precident is set it's only a matter of time before various Christian leaders and websites will be deemed "dangerous" and pressure will be brought to bear upon them in order to silence them. Do we want to open that door for them?