• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

1,611 reasons why we love the KJV 1611

• Members

Hi!

Discovered this forum a few days ago and am blurry-eyed from reading. Had to register when I saw this thread!!

I love the King James version because I feel His presence as I study His Word.

FWIW, bought an NIV on the recommendation of a friend, because I needed a large print Bible. I might as well have been reading the phone book. Quickly resolved that as He lead me back to the KJB shortly thereafter in a large print edition.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We all are well aware that on May 5th 2011 the KJV1611 turns 400 years old. The purpose of this thread is to see if we can come up with 1611 reasons why we love the KJV.

Rules are:

1) Members can post as many times as they like, but only one "reason" per post.
2) No other posts in this thread but reasons why you love the KJV. Start a new topic for discussions.
3) We need to come up with 1,611 reasons before May 5th 2011.

beaf9e70e1aa8e43f38abf74601b388f.jpg

I love it because seriously is there even another english translation that is even close to the Whole Truth that the KJB has? The answer is a absolute resounding NO!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It leaves no doubt in my mind that the one I have trusted for my eternal salvation, the Lord Jesus, is God. The modern versions have so many changes that reading them one could reach another conclusion regarding my Lord's place in the scheme of things. I know by reading the KJV that my faith is not in some earthly philosopher who lived 2,000 years ago, but in the Creator of all that is. Books that contain truth that changes, such as the newer versions, cannot be believed to be true.

God bless,

Larry