• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Jersey Billboard Promotes Atheism by Asking Motorists to 'Celebrate Reason' Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/28/new-jersey-billboard-

• Administrators

Christians need to put up a billboard next to this one with this:

"Come now, and let us REASON together, saith the LORD, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson. they shall be as wool." Jesus is the REASON for the season.
:icon_mrgreen:

• Members

If it's a myth, why spend $20,000 to dispute it? This is offensive. Would anyone DARE to put up a billboard disputing Ramadan or some other sacred Muslim holy day??

Let them do something like that in Texas. Every good old boy for miles around would use it as target practice. :makmiday:

• Members

H.A. Ironside had an experience with a customer in a crowded restaurant. Just as Ironside was about to begin his meal, a man approached and asked if he could join him at his table. Ironside invited him to have a seat.

Then, as was his custom, Ironside bowed his head in prayer.

When he opened his eyes, the other man asked, "Do you have a headache?"

Ironside replied, "No, I don't."

The other man asked, "Well, is there something wrong with your food?"

Ironside replied, "No, I was simply thanking God as I always do before I eat."

The man said, "Oh, you're one of those, are you? Well, I want you to know I never give thanks. I earn my money by the sweat of my brow and I don't have to give thanks to anybody when I eat. I just start right in!"

Ironside said, "Yes, you're just like my dog. That's what he does too".

• Members

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

We are to turn to the other cheek, and love our enimies. We are to love those that curse us. I don't care if a group puts up a billboard or not. We should be known in our communities for love of all people. We should be active in feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, helping those in distress. We need to be the hands and feet of Jesus to other people. If we live out of the love of Christ, it does not matter what others may say.

• Members

New Jersey Billboard Promotes Atheism by Asking Motorists to 'Celebrate Reason'

I believe many of the infidels has declared war, and it soon will wax worse.

Welcome back Jerry, you were missed.

Even Jesus thrashed those that made a mockery of the sacrifice, when he overthrew the tables in the Temple. He put the Pharisee's to shame many times for their blatant unbelief too! I wonder if He would have been please with us ignoring the cry-baby atheists? there is such a thing as loving the Lord first, as well as one another.

• Members

Welcome back Jerry, you were missed.

Even Jesus thrashed those that made a mockery of the sacrifice, when he overthrew the tables in the Temple. He put the Pharisee's to shame many times for their blatant unbelief too! I wonder if He would have been please with us ignoring the cry-baby atheists? there is such a thing as loving the Lord first, as well as one another.

Jesus got angry at the RELIGOUS LEADERS using the temple to make money off of sacrificies. I see nowhere recorded where Jesus was angry at those who did not believe in God. In fact, he said to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, when the government at that time when the Roman government ultimately put him to death. They did not believe. Those who crucified him, he asked the Father to forgive them.

I think Jesus would grow angry at those using Christianity today to accomplish their political purposes and to raise money. I do not think he would grow angry at those who openly do not believe in him. At least they are honest.

• Members

Christians are called to expose false teachings, darkness. We are to be the salt and light of the world. Just as Paul and others in the NT confronted false teachings, so must we. Doing so doesn't prevent us from doing the other things we are to be about.

Agreed John.
Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

God doesn't believe in atheists.