• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Study Bible editions for King James Bible

• Members

What are the better study Bible editions for the King James Bible?

...Bob

I am not sure why nobody responded--but I just received the King James Study Bible (Thomas Nelson). While this study bible is no longer published, various editions can be picked up from Amazon.com. The copyright page states this study bible was previously published as The Liberty Annotated Study Bible and as The Annotated Study Bible, King James Version.

Features include:

• 5,700 annotations
  • Doctrinal footnotes
  • Personality profiles
  • Archaeological sites
  • Center-column references and text notes
  • How to Study the Bible
  • God's Answers to Man's Concerns
  • Harmony of the Gospels
  • Teachings and Illustrations of Christ
  • Parables of Christ
  • Miracles of Christ
  • Prophecies of the Messiah fulfilled in Christ
  • Monies, Weights, and Measures
  • The Jewish Calendar
  • Prayers of the Bible
  • Index to annotations, doctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, and archaeological sites
  • Concordance
  • Maps

...Bob

I am not sure why nobody responded--but I just received the King James Study Bible (Thomas Nelson). While this study bible is no longer published, various editions can be picked up from Amazon.com. The copyright page states this study bible was previously published as The Liberty Annotated Study Bible and as The Annotated Study Bible, King James Version.

Features include:

• 5,700 annotations
  • Doctrinal footnotes
  • Personality profiles
  • Archaeological sites
  • Center-column references and text notes
  • How to Study the Bible
  • God's Answers to Man's Concerns
  • Harmony of the Gospels
  • Teachings and Illustrations of Christ
  • Parables of Christ
  • Miracles of Christ
  • Prophecies of the Messiah fulfilled in Christ
  • Monies, Weights, and Measures
  • The Jewish Calendar
  • Prayers of the Bible
  • Index to annotations, doctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, and archaeological sites
  • Concordance
  • Maps

...Bob

Bob, I think many thought this was a thread from just a short while back. If I could find the thread I would include it here.

I'm with you on the Nelson for the KJV. As with any Bible help, there may be some comments you will want to discuss with others, after all Nelson was a man too. Did I ever welcome you to our boards? If not please excuse me and I look forward to hearing more from you here at OB...especially since you have the new Nelson Study Bible.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hi, I know no one has replied to this in a while but I thought I would add my two cents worth.
I am very fond of my Thompson Chain Reference Bible. If you cant find it in a TCR it cant be found.
I also like the fact that it doesn't have comentary in it. That is what I have comentaries for I may not agree with
the man who wrote it therefore I don't want it in my Bible.
I tried one years ago called a Sword study bible. I liked it too but it had a section of opinons on certain topics in the
back. I pretty much ignored them. I dont think they make this Bible in a true KJV anymore though. I believe it is
only available in their easy read version now which I will not buy.
I will never again use a Scofield I had one I got as a teenager and it had words changed throughout it. I know you can
get the "old" scofield system now but I wont take a chance on it.
I have heard the Ryrie is good but have never used one.
I hope this helps someone in their search for a study bible. Im sure the original poster has found one by now.

Edited by revivedbygrace

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When you say KJB study Bible, I am thinking the text is KJB and the study notes are what are copyrighted, like a Scofield Bible.

I have a Companion Bible. Tons of appendices and lots of notes, cross refs. word studies and date lines.
I have a Scofield Bible of course.
I have a Dakes Study Bible, it has a lot of interesting comparison studies, but Dake believed that Jesus became the Christ.
I also have Dr Ruckman's Reference Bible.
In addition I have a Zondervan's KJB Study Bible.
I have a Thompson Chain Ref Bible, but never cared for it much, (sorry revived), it's eschatology is A-mill.

What you have to understand is that all these Bibles, with the exception of Dakes and Ruckman's come in other texts.
Like the TCR comes in NIV, NKJV and others, the Scofield Bible can be found in NKJV, so study bibles are only as good as the notes they carry if that is what you want.
Ray Comfort sent me a copy of his study Bible in PDF format a few years back. It wasn't KJB, or any other main line version, it was re worked by him or his staff.

God bless,
Calvary

• Members

When you say KJB study Bible, I am thinking the text is KJB and the study notes are what are copyrighted, like a Scofield Bible.

I have a Companion Bible. Tons of appendices and lots of notes, cross refs. word studies and date lines.
I have a Scofield Bible of course.
I have a Dakes Study Bible, it has a lot of interesting comparison studies, but Dake believed that Jesus became the Christ.
I also have Dr Ruckman's Reference Bible.
In addition I have a Zondervan's KJB Study Bible.
I have a Thompson Chain Ref Bible, but never cared for it much, (sorry revived), it's eschatology is A-mill.

What you have to understand is that all these Bibles, with the exception of Dakes and Ruckman's come in other texts.
Like the TCR comes in NIV, NKJV and others, the Scofield Bible can be found in NKJV, so study bibles are only as good as the notes they carry if that is what you want.
Ray Comfort sent me a copy of his study Bible in PDF format a few years back. It wasn't KJB, or any other main line version, it was re worked by him or his staff.

God bless,
Calvary

The TCR is A-mill because it's study system was developed by a methodist preacher. I like it for the referencing system (one of the best in my opinion) and don't pay attention to the add on stuff, although some of the TCR's time lines are interesting. You dont have to appologize to me for not liking the TCR it is not for everyone.
How is the Ruckman? I haven tried one but was looking at them online. Is it made good?
Thanks

Jason Edited by revivedbygrace

• Members

The TCR is A-mill because it's study system was developed by a methodist preacher. I like it for the referencing system (one of the best in my opinion) and don't pay attention to the add on stuff, although some of the TCR's time lines are interesting. You dont have to appologize to me for not liking the TCR it is not for everyone.
How is the Ruckman? I haven tried one but was looking at them online. Is it made good?
Thanks

Jason

We're good. What do you mean by "is it made good?" is the quality of the Bible itself of high quality leather and such? It's ok, just sprayed leather cover, regular binding. But the notes are good. The cross refs, sans commentary is pretty nice for me. It also has a lot of Appendices. I am not disappointed by it. But I don't have a real big problem with Dr Ruckman, so I can only speak for myself.

God bless,

Calvary