• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My, my, how the mighty have fallen ...

AP Top 25
03/07/2011

1 Ohio State
2 Kansas
3 Pittsburgh
4 Notre Dame
5 Duke
6 North Carolina
7 San Diego State
8 Brigham Young
9 Purdue
10 Texas
11 Syracuse
12 Florida
13 Wisconsin
14 Louisville
15 Kentucky
16 Arizona
17 St. John's
18 Xavier
19 Kansas State
20 West Virginia
21 Connecticut
22 Georgetown
23 Utah State
24 Temple
25 Cincinnati

• Administrators

Seeing how Uconn men was preseason ranked in the 100's and picked 10th in the Big East conference, they have exceeded all expectations. They have not fallen, but has had a surprisingly decent year. They accomplished that with 5 regular freshman and none of them high prospects. I could be wrong, but I do not think any of them were McDonald's All American.

That and with the Uconn Woman tearing it up this year by breaking the winning streak record, and the Uconn Football making it to a BCS Bowl game (Not deserved, but never the less was there), and the Uconn baseball team doing well, It has been good for the little state of Connecticut. It is nice to see our extremely high tax dollars go to use. :)

• Administrators

1 Ohio State
2 Kansas
3 Pittsburgh
4 Notre Dame
5 Duke
6 North Carolina
7 San Diego State
8 Brigham Young
9 Purdue
10 Texas
11 Syracuse
12 Florida
13 Wisconsin
14 Louisville
15 Kentucky
16 Arizona
17 St. John's
18 Xavier
19 Kansas State
20 West Virginia
21 Connecticut
22 Georgetown
23 Utah State
24 Temple
25 Cincinnati

I just noticed that the Big East has 9 Teams in the top 25. :thumb: There is talk of 11 Big East teams that may make the NCAA tournament. Even though I think the Big East is the best conference, 11 is too many.

I'm just happy to see the Buckeyes will get into the tournament this year. I never had an interest before this year in basketball. I hope they do well.

• Administrators

I'm just happy to see the Buckeyes will get into the tournament this year. I never had an interest before this year in basketball. I hope they do well.

I think they will do quite well in the tournament.

• Administrators

Brackets are out. Do any of you like or not like your teams seeding?

I think a 3 seed for Uconn is really good for the kind season they had. Their SOS is one of the best in the nation which helps, of course all the Big East teams has high SOS. I'm not sure who is going to win it all this year, My first thought is Ohio State or Kentucky.

• Members

Does the word "overrated" come to mind?

The Notre Dame loss capped a dismal weekend for the Big East. Trumpeted as the top conference in the country, the league sent a record 11 teams to the tournament but only two — UConn and Marquette — are left. Both advanced to the round of 16 at the expense of their Big East brethren.

The ACC is faring far better. Florida State gives the conference three teams in the round of 16, most of any league.

• Administrators

Can you tell me which team should have been in and which Big East school it should have replaced?

I'm not sure if you can say overrated. Uconn is in the round of 16 and they finished 9th in the Big East. Marquette finished 11th in the Big East and they are in the round of 16. That tells you that it is the strongest league from top to bottom. There rarely is an easy game.

If you are paying attention to the games you will notice that both Uconn and Marquette got in the sweet 16 by beating other Big East teams. Did any other conference play each other as many times as the Big East? You only get one team to advance.

I really would like to know which team was left out of the round of 68 that should have been in and which Big East team in should have replaced?

The Big East definitely stunk it up in the tournament, but to say they are overrated because 11 teams got in is an exaggeration.

I'm just happy the Buckeyes made it into the tournament. I hope they win Friday, they have to play Kentucky! :eek :o

Edited by 1Tim115

• Administrators

Uh, oh, sounds like I touched a nerve. Of course, UNC can't keep spotting teams 15 points before deciding to play the game. Their luck is going to run out soon, I'm afraid.

No nerve was touched, I just wanted to see if your statement was based on facts or assumptions. Since the question was not answered, it must have been an assumption. :icon_mrgreen::coolsmiley:

It is funny because everyone that has said that the Big East is overrated, can't tell me which team should have been in the tournament instead of which B.E. team. It really is funny.

• Administrators

I'm just happy the Buckeyes made it into the tournament. I hope they win Friday, they have to play Kentucky! :eek:o

Oh yeah, I think they will beat Kentucky. I've seen a few games this year among the two and I like the Buckeyes chances in this game.

• Members

No nerve was touched, I just wanted to see if your statement was based on facts or assumptions. Since the question was not answered, it must have been an assumption. :icon_mrgreen::coolsmiley:

It is funny because everyone that has said that the Big East is overrated, can't tell me which team should have been in the tournament instead of which B.E. team. It really is funny.

All in good fun. But "overrated" is the word everybody uses when a conference doesn't do well in the tournament. The ACC has had its share of "overrated" barbs thrown at it over the years. And I'm always excited with an ACC team beats Notre Dame, especially in basketball. Digger Phelps once called the ACC an "overrated" basketball conference, and ... well, you can probably guess my feelings on that.