• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reformers Unanimous

• Members

My father-in-law got over his gambling addiction through a church program called Celebrate Recovery. I'm not sure if it's similar but thank God for the program that helped out my FIL.

Really? That is great.

It looks like this is another program but with the same concept as Reformers Unanimous :

http://www.celebraterecovery.com.au/ Edited by Saved IFB

• Members

Really? That is great.

It looks like this is another program but with the same concept as Reformers Unanimous :

http://www.celebraterecovery.com.au/

Celebrate Recovery was started by Saddleback Church...Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven" church....that fact by itself sends up red flags. Basically, Celebrate Recovery is a "Christianized" 12 step program...however CR uses "Eight Recovery Principles based on the BEATITUDES" by Rick Warren

IMHO, RU and CR are not the same.

My :twocents: Edited by LindaR

• Members

Celebrate Recovery was started by Saddleback Church...Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven" church....that fact by itself sends up red flags. Basically, Celebrate Recovery is a "Christianized" 12 step program...however CR uses "Eight Recovery Principles based on the BEATITUDES" by Rick Warren

IMHO, RU and CR are not the same.

My :twocents:

Thanks for the good info.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I am involved in RU here. Great program (even for the long saved) it is intense discipleship and the books drive the student to dissect and define as well as scripture memorization. Several other local churches have students attending our classes on Friday until those churches can start their own. Compliments the jail ministry nicely.