• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Poison of Government Schools Part 2

• Members

No doubt the public school system is ungodly. Part of the goal of the government schools is to erase proper parental influence and Christian teaching.

Why do some Christian parents cast their children into the wolves den of public schools?

Would we take a raw army recruit, hand him a rifle, strap a parachute to his back, and push him from a plane behind enemy lines and expect him to carry out a covert opps mission and then make his way back safe and well?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

While I'm no fan of the public school system my son is enrolled there because he is delayed and needs one-on-one attention. The christian school that my daughter goes to can't provide that for him. Believe me, if I could I would.

Yes, that is an unfortunate aspect of many Christian schools: they aren't equipped to work with developmentally challenged students and the students get to a point where they are no longer being helped and are thus hurt instead. Have you considered homeschooling? I don't know if that is a feasible suggestion, but that could (and I believe would) help your son even more: there's just nothing like a mom who loves her son better than any teacher ever could, working with him in areas she knows he needs. Just a thought.

• Members

Well my wife homeschooled my daughter for a couple of years but it just didn't work out. My wife just doesn't have the patience. With my son I'm afraid it would be worse. My wife has thought about homeschooling him but I said no because I just don't want to go through that nightmare again. I've seen her try to do his homework with him and she has ZERO patience. My son comes to me and begs me to do his homework with him and I do when I am able. That was basically last year. He's in a new school now and the the teachers have really worked with him. He's not struggling with math now seems to understand his homework better. The last school he was in they were in denial that he needed help in math. We really hated that school. It seemed like a prison. Parents were never allowed to go to the child's classroom. For my son's birthday my wife brought cupcakes and icecream cups to school and she wasn't even allowed to take to the classroom. This school is alot more relaxed. It's amazing how 2 schools in the same district can be run 2 comletely different ways!

• Administrators

Well my wife homeschooled my daughter for a couple of years but it just didn't work out. My wife just doesn't have the patience. With my son I'm afraid it would be worse. My wife has thought about homeschooling him but I said no because I just don't want to go through that nightmare again. I've seen her try to do his homework with him and she has ZERO patience. My son comes to me and begs me to do his homework with him and I do when I am able. That was basically last year. He's in a new school now and the the teachers have really worked with him. He's not struggling with math now seems to understand his homework better. The last school he was in they were in denial that he needed help in math. We really hated that school. It seemed like a prison. Parents were never allowed to go to the child's classroom. For my son's birthday my wife brought cupcakes and icecream cups to school and she wasn't even allowed to take to the classroom. This school is alot more relaxed. It's amazing how 2 schools in the same district can be run 2 comletely different ways!

Yeah, sometimes homeschooling isn't the answer.I'm glad he's in a better school now.

• Members

Any chance the Lord would use this to help your wife learn patience? Patience is something we Christians are to have and grow in. As one who came from a family of impatient people and who used to be terribly impatient, I can attest to how the Lord can use such to teach us patience once we open ourselves to His instruction.

Our youngest son has learning disabilities and the Lord has taught me much in the department of patience, and other areas, through teaching, training and instructing him.