• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Guest "I am chief"

Do you know what your pastor believes?

Two Active Ministers Say They No Longer Believe in God but No One Knows

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/atheist-ministers-leading-faithful/story?id=12004359

Did they ever believe in the first place? I pray for anyone they continue to 'minister' to.

"He said it was difficult to continue to work in ministry. "I just look at it as a job and do what I'm supposed to do," he said. "I've done it for years."

And it bothers me that they even think they can lose their faith if they were saved to begin with. There's no mention of earnestly praying, just that they did a lot of reading. I am curious as to know what their church teaches and what sort of church they may have been raised in or what they were told about salvation. It's sad to read their statements :\

We truly are living in the last days.

His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. (Is 56:10–11).

Edited by Miss Linda

When we last looked for a new church home I made it a point to make sure the pastor was born again in Christ.

It's so sad to think of how many unsaved pastors are out there leading their flocks astray. Our pastor makes it a point when speaking of pastors he knows to say "Christian pastor" when he means a real, born again pastor, because so many other pastors aren't.

There are pastors around here who claim one can't be born again, that only pastors can understand the Bible so others should just leave it alone, that Christianity is all about living a good life, and assorted other unbiblical things.

We truly are living in the last days.

His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. (Is 56:10–11).

"I want to get out of the position that I'm in as quickly as I can because I try to be a person of integrity and character," Adam said. "With the economy the way it is, with my lack of marketable skills other than a seminary education, it has me in a tough spot."

More concerned about money.

More concerned about money.

It's quite amazing, isn't it? There is no new thing under the sun. The pitfalls that befell the Israelites of old are the same problems that are discussed in current headlines!!

It's quite amazing, isn't it? There is no new thing under the sun. The pitfalls that befell the Israelites of old are the same problems that are discussed in current headlines!!

For their own sake I hope they return to the plow.

Note where this originated...

Adam and Jack were included in a report by philosopher Daniel Dennett, a professor at Tufts University and well-known atheist, and his co-researcher, Linda LaScola. They are continuing their research into non-believing clergy. ABC News contacted the two pastors through Dennett and LaScola, verified their identities and positions, and interviewed them separately. Edited by 1Tim115

My pastor says he has "cast out demons" and that it is really "tricky" and you have to be "careful: with it.

I had never heard him say that before.  and truthfully it scares me.

Not Independent Baptist, but affiliated with SBC.

Demons will not & cannot posses a born again Christian, demons & the holy Spirit will not be in the same person, & every child of God has God's Holy Spirit abiding in them, it enters them the moment they're saved.

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Co 3:16 ¶ Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

And a very simple way to run demons out of a person is to lead them to accept Christ as their Savior. The moment the Holy Spirit enters them the demons will leave.

Correct, I wholly agree with you, Jerry.  I believe the pastor was speaking of driving demons from an unsaved person. But still, arent we to use 2Tim 2:24-26 to teach/correct/pray rather than an "act of driving out" as the apostles were able to do?  I dont find in the scripture where a person on earth today can "cast out demons".....Thank you for responding.

As for the lost, even if you could get demons to come out, the demons would be able to go right back into them whenever they chose. That is without being save they would have no protection from the demons. So it would seem salvation is the only protection.

There's a lot of Southern Baptists who are like this.  These two aren't named but others in the past gloated about it.

The pastor of our former church (Southern Baptist Convention church) is now selling adult novelties, and advertising his side business venture from the pulpit! He doesn't even try and hide his evil deeds. He proudly displays them for his congregation. Shameful, really. We pray for that church daily. They even took a vote to ask him to step down after he was caught in adultery. There were only seven votes in the whole congregation in favor of asking him to resign. This is where we're at, folks. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!