• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Strong's concordance on line

• Members

I can't post on the IFB forum so I'll post a new topic.

The Blue Letter Bible has Strong's numbering for every word in the Bible. Links show every use of a given word, & how it is translated.

the definitions are given, together with the usage, so we do not have to rely on dictionary definitions.

e.g. Hbr 2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

¶ For 1063 it became 4241 him 846, for 1223 whom 3739 [are] all things 3956, and 2532 by 1223 whom 3739 [are] all things 3956, in bringing 71 many 4183 sons 5207 unto 1519 glory 1391, to make 5048 0 the captain 747 of their 846 salvation 4991 perfect 5048 through 1223 sufferings 3804.

Strong's Number G747 matches the Greek ἀρχηγός (archēgos), which occurs 4 times in 4 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

1) the chief leader, prince
a) of Christ
2) one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer
3) the author

AV — prince 2, captain 1, author 1

• 4 months later...
  • Members

With the Strong's you relying on the man who put together the Strong's concordance, that is really no difference that relying on some dictionary.

With that said, I have 3 different Bible programs that does what you Blue Letter Bible does.

Here is an example of SwordSearcher.

Heb 2:10 ¶ For γαρ it became πρεπω him αυτος, for δια whom ος are all things πας, and και by δια whom ος are all things πας, in bringing αγω many πολυς sons υιος unto εις glory δοξα, to make τελειοω the captain αρχηγος of their αυτος salvation σωτηρια perfect τελειοω through δια sufferings παθεμα.

And when you place your cursor over the words it gives the Strong number and definition.

• Members

With the Strong's you relying on the man who put together the Strong's concordance, that is really no difference that relying on some dictionary.

It's much more than that:

it gives the meaning & etymology
it gives the various way a word is translated & used
it list all the occurrences of the word in context

so we can ignore the definition if we wish, & get greater understanding.

• Members

It's much more than that:

it gives the meaning & etymology
it gives the various way a word is translated & used
it list all the occurrences of the word in context

so we can ignore the definition if we wish, & get greater understanding.

Did I say that? Of course I didn't, yet that did not stop you from saying I did.

I did say its "no different than relying on some dictionary," which is man's word, opinion.

I used to use the BLB Strongs because the commentaries were so handy.

Now I use Strongs below, example for imputed in Romans 5:13 "(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." :

http://www.newjerusalem.org/Strongs.aspx?search=G1677

G1677

ἐλλογέω

ellogeō

el-log-eh'-o

From G1722 and G3056 (in the sense of account ); to reckon {in} that {is} attribute: - {impute} put on account.

• Members

I used to use the BLB Strongs because the commentaries were so handy.

Now I use Strongs below, example for imputed in Romans 5:13 "(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." :

http://www.newjerusalem.org/Strongs.aspx?search=G1677

G1677

ἐλλογέω

ellogeō

el-log-eh'-o

From G1722 and G3056 (in the sense of account ); to reckon {in} that {is} attribute: - {impute} put on account.

Very nice.......thanks!

• Members

An Example, from Sword Searcher

1Jo 5:17 All πας unrighteousness αδικια is εστι sin αμαρτια: and και there is εστι a sin αμαρτια not ου unto προς death θανατος.

Holding your cursor over πας, you get this:

Strong's Greek Dictionary
3956. πας pas
Search for G3956 in KJVSL
πας pas pas
including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.

Hold you cursor over αδικια, you get this.

Strong's Greek Dictionary
93. αδικια adikia
Search for G93 in KJVSL
αδικια adikia ad-ee-kee'-ah
from 94; (legal) injustice (properly, the quality, by implication, the act); morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):--iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.
See Greek 94

Of course, many times its tries to correct the KJB, so one has to use caution. The man that put Strongs together is a mere man.

This is how that verse looks without the Strong's included.

1Jo 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I can't post on the IFB forum so I'll post a new topic.

The Blue Letter Bible has Strong's numbering for every word in the Bible. Links show every use of a given word, & how it is translated.

the definitions are given, together with the usage, so we do not have to rely on dictionary definitions.

e.g. Hbr 2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

¶ For 1063 it became 4241 him 846, for 1223 whom 3739 [are] all things 3956, and 2532 by 1223 whom 3739 [are] all things 3956, in bringing 71 many 4183 sons 5207 unto 1519 glory 1391, to make 5048 0 the captain 747 of their 846 salvation 4991 perfect 5048 through 1223 sufferings 3804.

Strong's Number G747 matches the Greek ἀρχηγός (archēgos), which occurs 4 times in 4 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

1) the chief leader, prince
a) of Christ
2) one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer
3) the author

AV — prince 2, captain 1, author 1

So does the Bible on this site http://www.onlinebaptist.com/KJV, which is powered by http://phpAv.com, which is powered by http://phpBible.com, all of which have both Strong's and the Internet Public Domain Lexicon.