• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any suggestions?

Nathaniel

• Members

I'm looking for some good non-worldly Christian Music, Right now I only have a few select songs and it took me awhile to find them. I'm hoping to find more. I want the music to have a singer and I tend to like Instrumental Hymns with lots of different instruments but if only it could have someone singing too.

Do you all have any suggestions?

Edited by Nathaniel

• Administrators

How about Handel's Messiah? It is based on scripture and is absolutely wonderful. At Christmas time, most people hear the Hallelujah Chorus, but the entire work is great. I've wanted the complete work for years, and last year my son got it for me. My copy is done by the Cambridge Singers and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and is beautiful.

Our church has a Christmas music program every year called the Glory of Christmas. I can't remember if it was the first or second year, but we produced a cd from it. It's here if you're interested: http://www.sasolo.com/source_prodinfo.asp?PID=fa5108234418

• Members

Not instrumental only, but great singing with instruments. My wife's CDs. You can hear samples if you click on the titles on THIS PAGE.

My favorite songs are Hold the Line, His Life for Mine, and The Blind Man Saw It All. :)

I listened to some of her stuff a while back. I need to just break down and buy it here eventually lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

There are actually some you can get on itunes. Some I listen to: Soundforth, majesty music, the wilds (I think they would be most what you are looking for, mostly do hymns) Ben Everson, Steve Pettit. All are very conservative, instrumental :)

• Members

There are actually some you can get on itunes. Some I listen to: Soundforth, majesty music, the wilds (I think they would be most what you are looking for, mostly do hymns)

This sounds like some of what we have around our place. Do you have any favorite CD's or single songs from these producers? My family enjoys listening to Matt and Christy Taylor, the Herbster Trio (both produced by The Wilds), and several of the Soundforth recordings. Edited by Annie

• Members

I'm not sure how to quote you to respond or else I would, Annie :)
I love So High the Price (The Look and I Come are my favourite :)) thats Steve Pettit. One of my favorite Soundforth CDs is called A Strong Tower (it has two of my most favourite songs, How Deep The Fathers Love For Us and Bow the Knee
What about you?
I heard the new CD, Shadow of the Cross from Majesty is supposed to be really good :)