• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your meal praying habits...

• Members

What are your praying habits for meals? Every time you place something in your mouth, just for main meals; Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Or once a day; Breakfast to cover the entire day?

I Normally pray every time something is placed in my mouth. Even if it is not a drawn out prayer, a "Thank you Lord" would do for a small snack, such as chips.

Edited by Saved IFB

• Administrators

What are your praying habits for meals? Every time you place something in your mouth, just for main meals; Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Or once a day; Breakfast to cover the entire day?

I Normally pray every time something is placed in my mouth. Even if it is not a drawn out prayer, a "Thank you Lord" would do for a small snack, such as chips.

We do the same thing. Our view is that God provides even the non-essential snacks and so we thank Him for them.

• Members

We give thanks before every meal, even when eating out. We have on a number of ocassions had a large family meal out when one of our number stands up and gives thanks, with sniggers from other diners.

I remember someone telling me that a pracher came to their haose and asked for a glass of water and gave thanks for it,

I once knew a motorcyclist who was in the Metropolitan Police (That's London). He used to bow his head and give thanks, before he ate his meal in the canteen. He then thought that nOBody noticed so he would give thanks while in the queue for his food. Then one of the canteen staff said to him: "I notice that you don't pray amymore." He went back to his former practice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just thought, while writing a paper how blessed we are. Having food on the table to eat. I thank the Lord for such a wonderful blessing!

:amen: I try to make it a point every so often to really give thought to this and thanks to God. How often do we who have an abundance of food complain that we have nothing to eat or that we are "starved" when our frig is filled with food, the cabinets are loaded with food and we could eat for days, or longer, on just what we have in our homes? What we are really meaning is that we are not satisfied or content with what we have. We have abundance, yet we want something more.

• Members

We do the same thing. Our view is that God provides even the non-essential snacks and so we thank Him for them.

I pray thankfully for each main meal I eat. Maybe I should be more thoughtful for the snacking. I prOBably should be praying for strength to resist snacks and things that aren't needs.

• Members
What if it is additive laced snacks that are actually killing you slowly?

Don't buy ready meals.

Some US foods are not acceptable over here as some of your meat has too much hormones added and does not meet our regulations. GM foods are not wanted by public demand.

Most of our meat has polyphosphates added which makes them absorb water. It is almost impossible to fry bacon as it gives off so much water it boils. This makes them sell water it the price of meet. I once saw aprogramme on this and a food supplier said the customer likes it as it makes the meat more succulent, bu customers asked, said it made the meat soggy. When my mum used to roast beefm she had a bowlful of fat with a little jelly. Now you get a bowlful of liquid and a bit of fat on top.

The programme did a test on tins of ham and the one that had most water was one of our most popular brands which contained over 40% water.

You can get dry cure bacon and ham and orgaic meat should not contain any additives.

• Members

Don't buy ready meals.

Some US foods are not acceptable over here as some of your meat has too much hormones added and does not meet our regulations. GM foods are not wanted by public demand.

Most of our meat has polyphosphates added which makes them absorb water. It is almost impossible to fry bacon as it gives off so much water it boils. This makes them sell water it the price of meet. I once saw aprogramme on this and a food supplier said the customer likes it as it makes the meat more succulent, bu customers asked, said it made the meat soggy. When my mum used to roast beefm she had a bowlful of fat with a little jelly. Now you get a bowlful of liquid and a bit of fat on top.

The programme did a test on tins of ham and the one that had most water was one of our most popular brands which contained over 40% water.

You can get dry cure bacon and ham and orgaic meat should not contain any additives.

Whoa!

• Members

Scripture says God blesses our food when we give thanks. I try to be mindful to thank the Lord whenever I eat and drink. Most foods have some prOBlems, or potential prOBlems, whether we are eating hamburger, and apple or potato chips. Sometimes as part of my prayer I'll ask the Lord to make the meal as healthy and nutritious as possible.