• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tools for the married woman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

What? You're joking, right?

Oh, no. That comment was thrown in there when he was talking about washing dishes. And he also had a doll to show that women should have 5, 6, 7, 9 or 10 kids (which is absolutely fine if that's what God gives a family, but we all know not everyone is fortunate enough to have lots of kids) and that only the mother should change the diapers...not even grandma. :smilie_loco:4 I agree that it's not good to have the kids in day care - that's a no brainer - if it can be avoided. But my mother was ecstatic to change our son's diapers when he was a newborn. The first grandchild, and she didn't get to see him very often. You can bet I wouldn't have stopped her from that for anything - least of all a loco man who thinks he's got the answers for women being good, godly Christian wives.

• Members

I can't watch the video either, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it from the sounds of it. I got a kick and a few good laughs out of listening to Stephen Anderson preach about how it's a sin for a man to sit down when he pees. I'm guessing TC and this James guy would call that some more "good preachin'"!

• Members

Actually, I'm not adverse to getting "household helper" appliances for my birthday. I asked for a new vacuum cleaner one year. Another year, I asked for an apple corer/peeler/slicer. But that's just me.

My wife likes practical household gifts too. Something more substantial than a feather duster!

Now my sister is another matter. She hates even the thought of getting anything to do with housework as a present.

• Members

I can't watch the video either, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it from the sounds of it. I got a kick and a few good laughs out of listening to Stephen Anderson preach about how it's a sin for a man to sit down when he pees. I'm guessing TC and this James guy would call that some more "good preachin'"!

OMW! I heard that one, too!!! Totally crazy!!

• Members

I don't get to see video's either, but I get the gist of it from the other posts. I think a good chain saw is appropriate for wife, or maybe a motorcycle! (Joking)

I almost never did dishes when I was working; came home, and dinner was either ready, or in the making, but I did not demand it that way, my wife just did it! I felt that she was helping me (that's what she was created for!) to make a living. After I retired, I do not mind dishes, vacuuming, making the bed, but we still share these things. We don't fight over "whose turn it is", we just see the need, and do it. Never had such harmony in marriage as I do now!
Praise the Lord!

P.S. I learned to iron and to sew a little in the Army, don't mind doing it either!

Edited by irishman

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh, and his instructions are so proper. I'm sure your wife irons your socks and slings dust around with a duster. :smilie_loco:4

I believe if I ironed my husband's socks, the elastic would melt!!! As far as the duster...totally OBsolete...I am 4'11" tall/short and I can't reach half the stuff around here...I use my mini Oreck vacuum to dust and blow out the cOBwebs...and an extended handle duster (not a feather duster) to dust the ceiling fan blades. My husband helps me with the dishes and vacuuming when he can. I think this James fella is just a bit off the wall on some of the things he says.

That's my :twocents: Edited by LindaR

• Members

I knew a guy whose wife drew a bath for him every night, picked out all of his clothes and polished his shoes every day.

Me? My wife and I divide chores. I cook breakfast, take care of our little ones once I get home from work and get them to bed, vacuum, and sweep, mop and clean the kitchen. My wife dusts, does laundry, takes care of the children all day while I'm at work and countless other things.

If there is one thing Ihave learned is that marriage is a partnership. It takes both husband and wife giving 110% to successfully raise children and keep a clean house. We are both exhausted by it all, but would have it no other way.

People should do whatever works in their marriage. I get a kick out of folks saying a man has no place doing household chores. No wonder his wife nags him!!!! lol

• Administrators

No, people should not "do whatever works in their marriage"; they should do what God says with regards to marriage.

And men who preach and teach about marriage need to stick with what God says. One of those things (and the most important) is that each man is the individual head of his home. And if that head wants to do dishes, that's his business (nowhere does the Bible say the man is to never do dishes) or whatever, that's his business...and that is "whatever works in their marriage." If the head of the home wants to be a neanderthal and "make [his] wife sweat," that's also his choice, even though his wife and children are to be pitied. (God says a man is to love his wife as Christ does the church, and to treat her as he would treat himself...that would actually rule out neanderthal-like attitudes)

kindofblue didn't indicate anywhere that he felt Christians should disregard what God says about marriage.

• Members

And men who preach and teach about marriage need to stick with what God says. One of those things (and the most important) is that each man is the individual head of his home. And if that head wants to do dishes, that's his business (nowhere does the Bible say the man is to never do dishes) or whatever, that's his business...and that is "whatever works in their marriage." If the head of the home wants to be a neanderthal and "make [his] wife sweat," that's also his choice, even though his wife and children are to be pitied. (God says a man is to love his wife as Christ does the church, and to treat her as he would treat himself...that would actually rule out neanderthal-like attitudes)

kindofblue didn't indicate anywhere that he felt Christians should disregard what God says about marriage.

I have no idea why you are jumping on me here. I never stated anything you said. My statement is 100% biblical and doesn't address any aspects of doing dishes. Better to take a post as written or ask questions to be sure of something rather than jumping to conclusions.

• Administrators

I have no idea why you are jumping on me here. I never stated anything you said. My statement is 100% biblical and doesn't address any aspects of doing dishes. Better to take a post as written or ask questions to be sure of something rather than jumping to conclusions.

Where did I jump on you? Or jump to a conclusion? I simply made comment, just as you did. Your last statement back at you, John!! My comments about dishes wasn't aimed at what you said (OBvious, I think, since you didn't mention dishes), it was aimed at the premise of the OP.

• Members

Where did I jump on you? Or jump to a conclusion? I simply made comment, just as you did. Your last statement back at you, John!! My comments about dishes wasn't aimed at what you said (OBvious, I think, since you didn't mention dishes), it was aimed at the premise of the OP.

You specifically quoted my post and by your final statement you indicate you took my post to be directed and kindofblue's post. Had I wished to comment specifically upon some point of his post, I would have quoted his post. All I intended was to point out that we are to OBey God, not "whatever works".

Since your post quoted my post, that's an indication you are speaking to the one quoted. If not, such should be indicated.