• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evidence for this satanic age & the mental preparation for Antichrist

• Members

To further demonstrate the value of giving visual illustrations to expose evil or to reveal eternal truth as found in scripture, let me bring you to Revelation 17:

1 ¶ And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Most IFB's I know believe this to be a description of Roman Catholicism in her last stage of apostasy. I agree. I think it is pretty OBvious. But what is the best way to illustrate the truth that it is truly Romanism that is John's subject here in this chapter? Here is how:

Pope-scarletpurple.jpg

There are many pictures of priests in both scarlet and purple rOBes. This provides visual evidence of the truth spoken of.

But there is more. Revelation tells us that this woman sits on seven hills or mountains. How can we demonstrate this truth connecting Romanism with the great whore?

Rome2.jpg

With a geographical map of the city of Rome, that's how. A great city sitting on seven mountains.

But even more so we can prove that Romanism has been in league with paganism for many centuries and she has defiled herself with the kings of the earth. How?

Here's how:

vatican-picture-by-night_AJM515.jpg

The ancient Egyptian OBelisk, the idol of Egypt that was shipped to Rome by orders of the Pope in the tenth century. This pagan sex symbol that was condemned by Jeremiah the prophet (43:13) is now standing in the middle of what is supposed to be the 'capital of Christianity'. It is no such thing.

And by this:

NaziCatholicconcordat1938.jpg

Pope Pius signing a concordat with Hitlers nazi government. It provided protection for Rome until the end of WW II.

nazi-priests.jpg

Catholic leaders saluting Hitler.

Those visual illustrations strongly support the contention of that the Great Whore is indeed Roman Catholicim and the Vatican. This should help each of you to grasp how valuable such illustrations can be when one is attempting to reveal scriptural truth and/or demonic influence in our world.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Yankee Candle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But brother, look at what she said, "So rather than needing to study these things out in detail...we should be aware, and then draw nigh to God...because if we are right next to God, we will know at a glance those things that are not honoring to Him and those things that are of the devil"

But the fact is that most Christians I've known including our IFB brethren DID NOT KNOW at a glance that Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or Phantom of the Opera, etc. were ungodly and had satanic content in them. After 27 yrs of counseling and encountering a great many non-discerning Christians I know this to be the truth.

These things need to be exposed and within careful limits I will continue to do so just as I have in my meetings, Bible studies, and here on the Internet.

God bless you, my friend.

Are you saying Christians walking close with the Lord today don't realize the wicked messages that were in some shows they watched in the past or that Christians walking close with the Lord can watch these shows today and not see the wicked messages?

• Members

Are you saying Christians walking close with the Lord today don't realize the wicked messages that were in some shows they watched in the past or that Christians walking close with the Lord can watch these shows today and not see the wicked messages?

If they have not been informed, quite so.

How many discerning Christians who walk with the Lord knew that Spocks hand signal was a sign of black magick? How many of them knew that there was black magick in Lord of the Rings? How many of them knew that there were magic pentacles flashed before their faces in Lawnmower man?

Furthermore, how many of those same people could give a cogent, convincing argument to an unsaved or worldly Christian that those things are wrong or evil? I'm telling you from experience, not many.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:6

• Members

If they have not been informed, quite so.

How many discerning Christians who walk with the Lord knew that Spocks hand signal was a sign of black magick? How many of them knew that there was black magick in Lord of the Rings? How many of them knew that there were magic pentacles flashed before their faces in Lawnmower man?

Furthermore, how many of those same people could give a cogent, convincing argument to an unsaved or worldly Christian that those things are wrong or evil? I'm telling you from experience, not many.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:6

Shows I watched prior to being saved I didn't notice the wicked aspects and being much younger then, I most often missed the political pitches too, as I was saved shortly after turning 18.

However, not long after I became a Christian and had been reading and studying the Word, if I watched a program I had seen years previously and had noticed nothing about, I was continually shocked to see ungodliness, and sometimes liberal political messages, in the programs.

I don't know how any born again Christian with much understanding of the Word of God at all can watch these programs and not see the satanic, occultic imagry and hear the ungodly messages in the programs.

Along these lines, one would expect that as a person matures in Christ they would not be inclined to watch such TV shows and movies at all. I've not set foot in a theater since 1986.

I'm not sure who your intended audience is for what you are putting forth.

• Members

Shows I watched prior to being saved I didn't notice the wicked aspects and being much younger then, I most often missed the political pitches too, as I was saved shortly after turning 18.

However, not long after I became a Christian and had been reading and studying the Word, if I watched a program I had seen years previously and had noticed nothing about, I was continually shocked to see ungodliness, and sometimes liberal political messages, in the programs.

I don't know how any born again Christian with much understanding of the Word of God at all can watch these programs and not see the satanic, occultic imagry and hear the ungodly messages in the programs.

Along these lines, one would expect that as a person matures in Christ they would not be inclined to watch such TV shows and movies at all. I've not set foot in a theater since 1986.

I'm not sure who your intended audience is for what you are putting forth.

Did you read my post above concerning Romanism identified as the Great Whore? The visual illustrations provide excellent evidence of that truth. Why do I need say more?

Whether that does it for you or not I rest my case.

Best wishes. I will not comment nor defend my tactics here any further. Edited by Yankee Candle

• Members

Did you read my post above concerning Romanism identified as the Great Whore? The visual illustrations provide excellent evidence of that truth. Why do I need say more?

Whether that does it for you or not I rest my case.

Best wishes. I will not comment nor defend my tactics here any further.

Yes, but pointing out the evil in the RCC is different than pointing out the evil in a myriad of moves and TV shows. I was speaking with regards to the TV/movie aspects.

Myself and another, during our years at university, helped to bring many Catholics to Christ. For all of those, simply learning what Scripture actually says and realizing that wasn't in accord with RCC teaching, was enough for them to instantly separate from the RCC.

• Members

Much of the 70s was awash in UFO sightings, reports of alien abuductions, movie and TV shows dealing with the topic. These were often tied into a several year upswing in dealings with the Bermuda Triangle. It was around this time specialty magazines on the topic of UFO's and aliens hit their peak. It could be that many who are Christians today grew up with all that and are now placing it into their biblical model as it seems professing Christians are now more interested in the UFO/alien concepts while the secular world has held rather steady in this after the 70s haydays.

This stuff seems to come in waves. The late 1800s had a bunch of spiritual mediums and seances which seems to have died out. The 70s had the UFOs, bermuda triangle and esp stuff - in fact Leonard Nimoy from star trek promoted some of that I think - "in search of.." (forget if the show was unscriptural or not). I suppose when the enemey gets defeated, he moves on.

However, the amount of witchcraft in this country is out of proporation to anything I've see in history before, and I would say it definately started in tv and music land, because after a bunch of stars and musicians promoted it out of proporation to any % of people in the country, the country is catching up.

Note also, a lot of this stuff seems to feed on raping little kids, and in the 70s we had a whole string of pedophile rapes uncovered - doubtless a lot more weren't, and in the 90s we had the catholic church uncovered as covering up their rapes. This stuff - what is on tv, and raping kids, is organized. Although not always part of our witness, it is part of our government, and has a place as we're suppose to be both priests and kings to God. Telling our neigbor we love him, and then not feeding him - or protecting him, isn't us. Edited by MaxKennedy

• Members

Yes, but pointing out the evil in the RCC is different than pointing out the evil in a myriad of moves and TV shows. I was speaking with regards to the TV/movie aspects.

Myself and another, during our years at university, helped to bring many Catholics to Christ. For all of those, simply learning what Scripture actually says and realizing that wasn't in accord with RCC teaching, was enough for them to instantly separate from the RCC.

Its not really. The bible describes the RCC in a very visual way, so it can't be missed. All scripture is good.

Also, these things are actually linked. Because the occult like to take 666 to themselves, and then convince people its too late to be saved when they want to leave. You show an unsaved person the great whore, and he begins to see maybe satan is playing games. And I know a number of catholics who were convinced by the visual prophecy the bible gives, including a nun.

Fyi -
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Is essentially saying its too late to be saved too. Hymenaeus means "god of weddings", and there is a number of bible passages that
can be distorted to claim that the marriage supper of God is already past - so you cant be saved. Edited by MaxKennedy