• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New low for the English

• Members

In a sad, but consistent manner, England steadily continues its descent into satanism. It didn't take them long after allowing the head of the Papacy into the country, to bring back another form of satanism.

As per AFP:

Druidry recognised as religion in Britain

– Sat Oct 2, 7:26 am ET

LONDON (AFP) – Britain has recognised druidry as an official religion for the first time, thousands of years after the Celtic pagan faith emerged in Europe, the country's charity commission said Saturday.

The Druid Network, an organisation representing the religion in Britain, was granted charitable status in a decision that not only gives it tax breaks but also lets the religion take its place alongside more mainstream beliefs.

"This has been a long hard struggle, taking over five years to complete," the Druid Network said in a statement after its application to be registered as a charity had been accepted by the Charity Commission.

In its ruling on the group's application, the commission said it accepted that druidry was an "ancient pagan religion" in its own right involving the worship of nature, particularly the sun and the earth.

Druid rituals involve "commonality of practice" across the faith including solar and fire festivals, ceremonies at various phases of the moon, seasonal festivals and rites of passage in life.

There had also been some official recognition already, it added, including a provision by Britain's Prison Service for the practice of druidry and the attendance of a pagan chaplain at services.

"The board members concluded that The Druid Network is established for exclusively charitable purposes for the advancement of religion for the public benefit," the Charity Commission said.

Druidry emerged in ancient Ireland and Britain and spread further afield during the Iron Age, especially into France, but became largely supplanted as Christianity took hold across Europe.

It has gained recent popularity because of its pantheistic nature and concern with ecology.

• Members

Well, England is just following the United States. After all, the IRS recognizes Wiccan, Mormonism, and Scientology. And just recently, a North Carolina girl sued her school for requiring her to remove her nose piercing; she claimed religious discrimination because she "belongs" to the Church of Body Modification, which is seeking tax-exempt status from the IRS.

It seems America is leading the way toward paganism.

• Members

Pope John Paul II visited America in the 80s and was welcomed as a great man by massive crowds everywhere he went and by government and business leaders at all levels. Most all forms of paganism and false religions are accepted in America; from various forms of voo-doo to Mormonism to Morrish Science Temple, satanism, wicca, etc.

• Members

That is true. Heathens have twisted the meaning of our constitution to mean things that it was never intend to mean. It is a shame on our nation that the Constitutional Freedom of Christians to serve Christ is misinterpreted to mean some sort of do what you want "religious freedom."

• Members

Pope John Paul II visited America in the 80s and was welcomed as a great man by massive crowds everywhere he went and by government and business leaders at all levels. Most all forms of paganism and false religions are accepted in America; from various forms of voo-doo to Mormonism to Morrish Science Temple, satanism, wicca, etc.

This is going to be my last post I hope.

Pope John Paul II was a godly man. I am not Catholic but I respect the Pope as the Bishop of Rome. I also respect any leader who seeks to build bridges instead of walls.

There is a fundamental misunderstanding among fundamentalists and liturgical and even mainstream Christians. We all believe in the same Jesus, but after that, it may get a little fuzzy. There's nothing wrong with that, unless you think something beyond an understanding of what Jesus did on the cross is essential for salvation.

At the end of the day, I'm a Christian and you're a Christian and I hope that we all see each other in Heaven. To be perfectly honest, this board is not that positive for me currently. It's a bit addictive and negative and it's bringing me down. I need to focus on serving in my church, which is where I get joy and I have a purpose and I know that I am doing God's work.

I thank God for all of you that have encouraged me, especially those that I have gotten to know though PM. Please feel free to keep contacting me.

May God be with you all.

Glory be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Ghost
As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end Amen, Amen.

• Members

Pope John Paul II was a godly man. I am not Catholic but I respect the Pope as the Bishop of Rome. I also respect any leader who seeks to build bridges instead of walls.

There is a fundamental misunderstanding among fundamentalists and liturgical and even mainstream Christians. We all believe in the same Jesus, but after that, it may get a little fuzzy. There's nothing wrong with that, unless you think something beyond an understanding of what Jesus did on the cross is essential for salvation.

At the end of the day, I'm a Christian and you're a Christian and I hope that we all see each other in Heaven. To be perfectly honest, this board is not that positive for me currently. It's a bit addictive and negative and it's bringing me down. I need to focus on serving in my church, which is where I get joy and I have a purpose and I know that I am doing God's work.

I thank God for all of you that have encouraged me, especially those that I have gotten to know though PM. Please feel free to keep contacting me.

May God be with you all.

Glory be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Ghost
Is now and ever shall be

By his own words, Pope John Paul II was not a biblical Christian. Read of his trust and faith in a dead woman (Mary) which is in total contradiction to the Word of God and how he presented "another gospel" which Scripture clearly warns about.

There is no "fuzzy" when it comes to salvation and those who are with God and those who are not. Scripture is perfectuly clear that Jesus is the One and Only Way to salvation. The path to God is narrow; built and defined by Almighty God. All other paths are actually a part of the one broad and narrow path which Scripture clearly teaches leads to destruction...hell and finally the Lake of Fire.

Likely as not, if you are feeling brought down on this forum it's because our merciful God is pricking your heart as the Holy Ghost attempts to lead you into all truth.

You have been much in my prayers. It saddens me to see by your postings you don't grasp what is the one, true Gospel and you attempt to build up and defend a church that itself puts forth a false gospel and yokes itself with ungodly wickedness. Whether you post here again or not, you will remain in my prayers for I love you in Christ and I do pray we indeed will one day meet in heaven, knowing that will only happen if we are both biblically born again in Christ before we are called out of this world.

"Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:17

• Members

You are not a Christian! Repent you heathen! In the Christian Bible, the Lord called religious hypocrites, who were not unlike Cathlics, children of the devil. John 8:44.

How do we deal with such satanists? The Bible is very clear about that:

2 Cor.6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Turn or Burn, episcopalian!

• Members

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT. PEOPLE KEEP MISSING IT.

The RC ten commandments compared with those in the bible.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/tencomma.htm

Why the difference? Catholics love their idols.

• Members

May God be with you all.

Glory be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Ghost
Is now and ever shall be

Well, I used to be a Catholic and used to revere the Pope. I know what it's about and know that the Catholic church is leading more people to hell than Heaven. Even my own family members, they have such a grip on you that I almost divorced my wife when she started telling me about the Gospel. The Catholic church is riddled with inconsistencies, heresy and damning doctrine that I could never offer my respect to them. Why should I respect any religion or person that has such a hold on my family that it has taken years to even get them to "try out" a bible believing, bible preaching church?

• Members

I am former Roman Catholic. I went through all the "rituals" associated with growing up in "the church" through teen years. I know what they teach, believe and practice. I find most all it diametrically opposed to the Holy Scriptures. Given this, and factoring in their systemic perpetration of molestation upon its children and the complete systematic cover up of the same by the church's leadership (all the way to and including the pope); I have nothing but contempt for the Roman Catholic church.

• Members

Remember, in America its all about freedom and each person doing as they wish. So naturally, our law makers, of which is made up of fallen men, keeps leading this country into more sin, just as the Bible seems to declare.

As for the RCC, we have to remember the majority of churches, denominations, came out of the corrupt RCC, and sadly they brought much of the RCC corruption with them and even to this day proclaim that false teachings.

PS: I might add, many of today's professing Christians firmly believe that they can use Christian liberty to partake of sins they deem necessary and that God the Father, nor His Son Jesus minds them doing so.

• Members

Unfortunately, Scripture has been downgraded or cast aside in favor of tradition, preference, opinion, or just getting everyone together under one big happy tent of whatever goes.

If one holds up a clear biblical statement, such as those against homosexuality or those proclaiming only men may be pastors, they are attacked as legalists and worse. Professing Christians will do backflips to explain why such is acceptable or at least something we should tolerate.

Dressing modestly? Not in todays churches! Professing Christian women can dress however they want, right along with the world, and anyone who has a prOBlem with it or wants to quote Scripture against such are attacked mercilessly.

The bulk of professing Christianity has rejected the Word of God.