• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

rock music in stores

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey, I finally went to a large mall in town, and the hallway I was in had soft, soothing music. I found a comfy chair to sit in while the wife shopped, and almost fell asleep with my Bible in my hands! Good to know that here in Michigan there may still be hope!

(And yes, we spent more that day too!)

Edited by irishman

• Members

I have asked, at fast food places, for them to turn the radio down (or off). Some comply, and some don't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. After all, I am paying them, and I want it my way! (Of course, I could go somewhere else too!)

i believe all that about rock music, i know it can control people's moods, but it seems that comforting and soft music would relax the customer more, and they would linger longer, and perhaps buy more.

Same here. My wife and I love Outback and eat there quite often. I have no qualms about asking the manager to turn down the music so we can have a reasonable conversation. We're not there to listen to the music. We're there to enjoy a wonderful steak. I have never had them not turn down the music. Especially once I get the manager involved.

There was a Ponderosa around here that used to play K-Love all the time. They were told they couldn't play Christian music, but they still did. Corporate actually backed them on it, too.

• Members

asysin2leads--that is amazing, doesn't seem to happen around here, especially at the stores! I understand that they used to teach music in marketing, and the effect it can have on customers. It seems that a type of music the excites one to action (usually evil) such as hard rock, would be contrary to their sales philosophy.

Edited by irishman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't think of a place we go that plays music, except at church, and of course that is godly music singing hymns of praise to our Lord.

Yet I just remembered after leaving the VA Clinic today I stopped at Waffle House, while there the juke box came on. I paid no attention to it, but I did glance around to see who played it. No one was near it, I think they have it set to play a song every so often hoping to incited someone into putting money in and playing some songs.

In the last several years the only place I've noticed a juke box is at Waffle houses.

Years ago I loved country music, yet I refuse to listen to it, I'm going to try as best I can to keep and and all corrupt communications out of my ears.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

And remember this verse John posted and try to keep my mind in the right place.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Members

Very few places I go to play music anymore. The ones who do typically have a local readio station playing and it's usually so low you can't really hear it anyway.

One family owned restaurant in a nearby little city plays Christian music in their business but we don't get that way much anymore.

• Members

Not really, the credibility issue would be with the Christians that loves and listens to rock music.

It is not my goal, nor desire to gain credibility. If you choose to listen to rock music, you are playing into the hands of the world and the devil. I can't prove it to your satisfaction, so I suppose these words will go unheeded, but our lives will prove it within us. It is not a matter of what kind of music I like, but what I should listen to.

• Members

It is not my goal, nor desire to gain credibility. If you choose to listen to rock music, you are playing into the hands of the world and the devil. I can't prove it to your satisfaction, so I suppose these words will go unheeded, but our lives will prove it within us. It is not a matter of what kind of music I like, but what I should listen to.

Amen!

Marty, I confess, I use to love country music, haven't listened to it in many years, perhaps if I listened to it now I would again love it, yet I refuse to listen to the junk, God mocking, sin glorying music.

We surely can control what goes in our mind, and we should.