• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Player With Down Syndrome Scores Touchdown

• Members

Seems it involved more than coaches. Its sad the things people will do at these events. At our city park they have had to call the police out more than once in the last couple of years.

Seems grown ups are ruining it for the children, yet perhaps many of these sporting events for today's youth are more about grown ups than children. That is want to be coaches and parents pushing their children to play sports.

What team would want to play either one of these teams? And who would want to referee a game they play in?

• Members

Sports is a god to many parents and they will curse, prod and smack their children around to get them in good with their pet god. These same parents will cuss out children and youth who they think are stealing their childs glory and can be quick to verbally or physically assault other parents or coaches.

• Administrators

It would be a sad thing to keep doing this sort of thing and giving the kid the false hope of being able to play college football.

I'm not sure I agree. There is always a chance that some small college can put this kid on a team just like the High School team did. I've heard these type of stories before on the college level, they put a kid like this on a roster for inspiration.