• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Florida court overturns state ban on gay adoptions

• Members

And only a couple years ago this Governor was considered by some conservatives and professing Christians as a good choice for VP or even president in the future.

The Repub Party, like the Dem Party, is controlled by the ungodly who are not only lost sinners, but lost sinners intent upon promoting that which is ungodly.

• Members

And only a couple years ago this Governor was considered by some conservatives and professing Christians as a good choice for VP or even president in the future.

The Repub Party, like the Dem Party, is controlled by the ungodly who are not only lost sinners, but lost sinners intent upon promoting that which is ungodly.

Um, I can't believe I'm even going to bother saying this, but this hardly means that Gov. Crist isn't a Christian. (I don't know that that's what you were saying, but it sounded like you were insinuating that with your second sentence.) Also, this doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good choice for VP or POTUS. I would actually look at him more closely as he might be a decent middle of the road choice willing to listen to both sides and take many things into consideration. That's what I want in a leader.

• Members

Um, I can't believe I'm even going to bother saying this, but this hardly means that Gov. Crist isn't a Christian. (I don't know that that's what you were saying, but it sounded like you were insinuating that with your second sentence.) Also, this doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good choice for VP or POTUS. I would actually look at him more closely as he might be a decent middle of the road choice willing to listen to both sides and take many things into consideration. That's what I want in a leader.

I only bother to say this because I care about you. If you are a professing Christian there is no such thing as "middle of the road choice" when it comes to homosexuality, what is a family or what is best for children. God has already made such clear.

Any man who would support placing children with homosexuals isn't fit for any leadership role.

In all sincerity, compassion and love I say to you that if I held the beliefs you do, which are so often contrary to God's revealed truth, I would get on my knees in fervent prayer with fasting and search the Word of God for my souls sake.

• Members

No doubt, by his fruit, one would think so, if he is a saved man, he is a very poor witness for Christ and he has back slided. That said, the republican party is wordily conservative, not Christian conservative, and most of them are out to get what they can, the only one they are servant to is self..

• Administrators

Just wanted to add something - Crist was never seriously being considered for Veep. He WANTED to be, and he courted the vetters. And the media pushed the idea. But there is no record of any of his records being requested, as they normally are for vetting possibilities.

Personally, I don't want a middle of the road "leader." I want someone in the White House and/or in Congress who is going to follow the Constitution. Period.

Crist is not a balanced politico, either. He is playing to what he deems to be the vote. He couldn't make it on the GOP ticket because GOP voters didn't want him in the senate...so he did what several of the losers are doing: he went "independent." And his comments and endorsements have to be viewed in that light. Had he won the GOP nomination, most likely he would have been "unhappy" with the court's reversal. He's just like so many pols: weather vanes.