• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is a Ruckmanite

• Members

[quote="futurehope"][quote="lettheredeemedsayso"]
We have been through this on this board so many times. I am not happy about it because most people who are talking and they have not even directly challenged the alleged false teaching. So they are going completely on heresay and not on first hand fact. I guess what I am saying is there is a whole lot of branding and very little admonishing.[/quote]

I con obviously see that the book "The Shack" (chose this because it is somewhat of a current topic) is full of heresy, but I haven't chose to confront the author about it (I can reasonably assume that he would just argue), but rather, to warn others about his heresy and blasphemy. I think that is the same with the people on this board that disagree with Ruckman's teachings. They want to warn other's before they are entangled in the mess themselves.[/quote]

Except the fact that the author does not just stop at one book, but continue to write more books to promote his heresy.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Have any of you ever read Dr. Ruckman's book, "Mark Of The Beast? In it, he sez that the antichrist will be a 10-ft. tall alien with huge black lips who will land on the Mt. of Olives in a mile-wide spaceship and impart his mark with a kiss from those huge black lips. He sez he learned this after reading the KJV cover-to-cover 40 times!

Well, the KJV he was reading musta been the King Jeffrey Version!

• Administrators

Have any of you ever read Dr. Ruckman's book, "Mark Of The Beast? In it, he sez that the antichrist will be a 10-ft. tall alien with huge black lips who will land on the Mt. of Olives in a mile-wide spaceship and impart his mark with a kiss from those huge black lips. He sez he learned this after reading the KJV cover-to-cover 40 times!

Well, the KJV he was reading musta been the King Jeffrey Version!

Did he quote chapter and verse? One of his students told me and some friends of mine (we were in a college near his) that the anti-christ's girlfriend would have blond hair and blue eyes (thus, the student only spoke to two of us...three others had blond hair and blue eyes, and one had blue eyes, brown hair...but that was close enough!) and that he would come from Africa. Hmmm - when was the book written? The student told us this in the early '80's. Would be interesting to know when the teaching changed!!

• Members

I've read Mark of the Beast by Ruckman and don't recall him saying the Antichrist was going to be a 10 foot tall alien. As far as I know he says the Antichrist will be Judas Iscariot resurrected. Which, by the way, Arthur W. Pink taught back in the 1800's.

By the way, Dr. Ruckman has a study bible coming out in Septmember. If you are interesting in seeing what he really believes, instead of hearing it from folks like robycop, then buy it.

• Members

The man teaches false doctrine.

Excerpts from "What To Do In Case You Miss The Rapture" By Peter S. Ruckman

---- 2. Start working your way to heaven. ----

If the Lord comes and you remain behind, then start working like a madman to get to heaven, because you're going to have to. You have entered a period of time called "The Great Tribulation," and the plan of salvation in the Tribulation is faith in Jesus Christ plus your own good works.

You must keep the Ten Commandments (all of them, Ecclesi

• Administrators

Since I have never read the book, or heard Ruckman preach, can you show me where he says that in the book? I'm not doubting what you say, I just need proof if I am going to mention this anyone else.

• Members

I am reading this book right now. Read the first half last night (did not see any of this yet). PLEASE BE CLEAR... I'M NOT A FAN OF RUCKMAN, I'M NOT A RUCKMAN FOLLOWER, but I do read some of his Books to see what he has to say. Sometimes his attitude gets so bad I put the book down and walk away....

• Members

Just finished "Mark of the Beast" by Ruckman. Here is my summary by chapter.
I AM JUST STATING WHAT I FOUND IN THE BOOK. NO COMMENT AS TO RIGHT OR WRONG, GOOD OR BAD. YOU DECIDE.

FOR INFORMATION ONLY!

SUMMARY

Chapter 1 - You must believe your A.V., accept what it says, and accept that Rev. Chap 17,18 is in fact talking about who you know the A.V. says it is (RC church) and accept no modern liberal theological interpretation.

Chapter 2 - The mysterious Horseman at the beginning of Rev Chap 6 is NOT the same Horseman found in Chap 19.

Chapter 3 - Shows many OT types of The Beast and discusses how man sometimes gets what he wants (from God) even when great harm is seemingly done (ie; Job).

Chapter 4 - This chapter begins with numerology using chapter and verse numbers to highlight "signs" of the beast. Mr. Ruckman obviously believes that the Chapter and Verses divisions are inspired. The number "13" is focused upon. The conclusion is made that Judas Iscariot is the Beast and the "Mark of the Beast" is a kiss. (it looks like you've been kissed)

Chapter 5 - Here we seemingly digress as Mr Ruckman goes into his A.V. defense again, associating the "beast" with worldwide unbelief in the A.V. We then learn that Rome will somehow use African rhythms to prepare the world for the Beast. (Negro Spirituals in Catholic services will prepare the way.)

When the Beast comes he will come right down out of the air and profess to come From Outer Space. Ruckman states: "As the world follows the Catholic lead away from belief in he Bible as the absolute and final authority in matters of faith and practice... the ground is prepared for a super-human to show up in a flying saucer, who will side with Rome and thereby gain the allegiance of the world."

Mr. Ruckman goes on to say (envisioning the coming of the Beast): "A mysterious circular-shaped object, about 600 feet in diameter and 60 feet thick, slowly decends..... the crowd kneels, crossing themselves... the door opens... Those who dare raise their heads to look at the dreaadful apparition are suddenly overcome with awe and reverence as they behold a figure fully ten-feet tall, a handsomely bearded face, majestic countenance." Ruckman then explains that the people then gleefully receive their "kiss" (mark) on the forehead.

Mr. Ruckman says of the Beast: "His religion wil be Roman Catholicism, his nationality will be Syrian-Jewish, through Ham, his traditions and scriptures are from North Africa.

--------
Disclaimer: I read fast, I could be in error anywhere! Again, I am just summarizing what MR. RUCKMAN says in his book. By posting this I am NOT associating myself with Mr. Ruckman, this book, nor any of the ideas or teachings!

• Members

Bro.Matt:Since I have never read the book, or heard Ruckman preach, can you show me where he says that in the book? I'm not doubting what you say, I just need proof if I am going to mention this anyone else.

Holster's post just about covers it. I'm gonna locate my copy of that book, since it's been years since I read it, but Holster's post jogged my memory.

Wanna hear him preach? it's available on YouTube. Just like rat poison, 99% of what he preaches is correct, but it's that little 1% that's poison. Mosta his poison consists of sly private interps of Scripture, as does that of many other purveyors of bunk.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Annie,

Labels help us understand what camps people are in from a Doctrinal position. However, in the case of Ruckmanites, this is a cult that has promoted serious false doctrine. God tells us to name those people. There is nothing wrong with labeling this kind.

Most IFB churches will fall into one of several camps. If I were moving into an area, I can find out a lot about a church by knowing what school their pastor went to.

These are typical things found at these churches
Hyles - Cultish, strong on dress standards, no depth in preaching (typically), holds to the KJV
Sword Crowd (PCC, Crown - Main schools) - KJV, Dress Standards, solid doctrinallyFBF Crowd (BJU, Maranatha, Northland) - KJV Preference - Anything goes on the Bible - Strong Music standards, no dress standards

I am at an FBF church right now that holds to the KJV as a preference. All teachers are asked to use the KJV. Their music standards are great. However, they have no dress standards at all, except on the platform.

Unfortunately, the only other IFB churches in the area are Hyles churches and I wouldn't attend either of them.

There are obviously exceptions to these descriptions. However, generally speaking labels are helpful.

Excuse my redundancy, but I would take you to issue about Dr. Hyles. I have found that those who call his preaching "shallow" are morons, and perhaps of the "deeper life" persuasion. A cult you say? (at least twice) Have you a monoply on preaching? How do you define a cult? Perhaps dress standards make someone a cult. I am sorry, and I have tried to be cordial on this forum, but you are way out line on that one. Please don't write (talk about) what you don't know, and don't criticize the man that is most likely doing a much greater work for the Lord than you piddly little preachers from the boondocks who are "wannabe" preachers of his caliber.

I know, it sounds as if I worship him, but if I do it is not his fault, its mine! I have not once bowed down to him or prayed to him or even exalted him any more than the Lord has. As long as your making a list, include me in there too (with him, and NOT with Ruckman)

BTW, Dr Hyles believed in simplicity in preaching. He was not trying to show how smart he was, but trying to make his point and drive it home. Would to God other preachers would take a lesson from him.

By your own admission, your chruch "has no dress standards at all, except on the platform". That is to their shame, for if it is good enough for the platfrom why not in daily life. (Take a deep breath, and relax; some things keep going around until people get it through their thick heads!)

• Members

I've read Mark of the Beast by Ruckman and don't recall him saying the Antichrist was going to be a 10 foot tall alien. As far as I know he says the Antichrist will be Judas Iscariot resurrected. Which, by the way, Arthur W. Pink taught back in the 1800's.

By the way, Dr. Ruckman has a study bible coming out in Septmember. If you are interesting in seeing what he really believes, instead of hearing it from folks like robycop, then buy it.

Wilch, I don't need to go to the devil to learn his ways; I merely compare them to the Truth. Why don't we read the Book of Mormon and see all the good stuff there?

• Members

Excuse my redundancy, but I would take you to issue about Dr. Hyles. I have found that those who call his preaching "shallow" are morons, and perhaps of the "deeper life" persuasion. A cult you say? (at least twice) Have you a monoply on preaching? How do you define a cult? Perhaps dress standards make someone a cult. I am sorry, and I have tried to be cordial on this forum, but you are way out line on that one. Please don't write (talk about) what you don't know, and don't criticize the man that is most likely doing a much greater work for the Lord than you piddly little preachers from the boondocks who are "wannabe" preachers of his caliber.

I know, it sounds as if I worship him, but if I do it is not his fault, its mine! I have not once bowed down to him or prayed to him or even exalted him any more than the Lord has. As long as your making a list, include me in there too (with him, and NOT with Ruckman)

BTW, Dr Hyles believed in simplicity in preaching. He was not trying to show how smart he was, but trying to make his point and drive it home. Would to God other preachers would take a lesson from him.

By your own admission, your chruch "has no dress standards at all, except on the platform". That is to their shame, for if it is good enough for the platfrom why not in daily life. (Take a deep breath, and relax; some things keep going around until people get it through their thick heads!)

Since this has come up I'll ask here:

Is there any major difference between the "Hyles crowd" and the "Sword crowd" beyond that some on the Hyles side might lift Hyles up high?