• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

vegetarians

irishman

• Members

I learned a great truth last Sunday. Our preacher said that the word "vegetarian" is an old Indian word for "terrible hunter"! I like that definition!

Roadkill soup:

wait until the roadkill (it doesn't matter what kind) gets tenderized by tire tracks. (about four days should do it!)

Scoop it up with a shovel and place in a well greased griddle. Add a little egg (One small egg), a pinch of salt, and your favorite herbs and spices.

Let it set overnight, unrefrigerated, and add 2 cups of warm water.
Bring to a boil blending in the ketchup and mustard in the amount you desire.

Add onions, potatoes, and a thick broth

Serve hot on a large bun or
serve in bowls, unwashed.
serves six (depending on type of roadkill)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I learned a great truth last Sunday. Our preacher said that the word "vegetarian" is an old Indian word for "terrible hunter"! I like that definition!

Roadkill soup:

wait until the roadkill (it doesn't matter what kind) gets tenderized by tire tracks. (about four days should do it!)

Scoop it up with a shovel and place in a well greased griddle. Add a little egg (One small egg), a pinch of salt, and your favorite herbs and spices.

Let it set overnight, unrefrigerated, and add 2 cups of warm water.
Bring to a boil blending in the ketchup and mustard in the amount you desire.

Add onions, potatoes, and a thick broth

Serve hot on a large bun or
serve in bowls, unwashed.
serves six (depending on type of roadkill)

You may think you are being amusing, but if you were hungry, I mean really hungry, you would eat far worse things than that, as people did in German and Japanese concentration camps, and the Jews did in the ssiege of AD 66 -70, fulfilling Duet. 28. Read it and see if you would eat what they did? It truly was a tribulation like no other.

• Members

yes invicta, I thought I was being amusing, but I know what men eat when they have to. Bugs of all kinds were eaten many times when people were starving, along with worms,a nd whatever else they could get.

There was a man on the radio some time ago advocating eating slugs. He said if you drop them in boiling water, they taste just like chicken.

Of course the French eat frogs legs and snails. They are not the only ones, though. Someone brought me back from crete, a book on Cretan cooking and there were about ½ doz recipes for snails, including one called "Holy Thursday snails." Not for me though, unless I was starving.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I considered this, but a read that one will be missing a lot of vitamins, and thus would have to convert to taking pills to substitute for the loss of vitamins.

My wife has been a vegetarian for over 70 years and has not had to resort to vitamins or pils.

• Members

I went intgo our local computer shop this morning and was talking to the man behind the counter and was speaking to him about cooking. We were talking about a TV programme on Tuesday where a family cooked sautéd squirel. He said he had trained as a chef and at catering college one of the students had hit a fox, on his way in, with his car, put it in the boot and taken it to sollege and asked the lecturer if he could cook it? "That is the only time I have had fox" the man said, it needed to be hung for a while, as game.

• Members

I went intgo our local computer shop this morning and was talking to the man behind the counter and was speaking to him about cooking. We were talking about a TV programme on Tuesday where a family cooked sautéd squirel. He said he had trained as a chef and at catering college one of the students had hit a fox, on his way in, with his car, put it in the boot and taken it to sollege and asked the lecturer if he could cook it? "That is the only time I have had fox" the man said, it needed to be hung for a while, as game.

I had mountain lion once at a "beast feast" at my son-in-laws church. Surprisingly it was very good! I have been chasing our cat around with a butcher knife ever since, as my wife takes sides with the cat. What can a guy do? :clapping: