• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

vegetarians

irishman

• Members
I been told by some Christians that I am no Christian if I am a vegeterian. Why would they say that?

I can't understand making vegetarianism an issue. Paul insists that we are free from any such rules.

Rom 14:1 ¶ Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, [but] not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I been getting into Vegetarian diet because of the factory farming issue. I don't like those faux meats either I had the morning star crumbles last year and it really churned my insides. If I have meats I eat organic grass feed meats. However, I am mostly on a vegeterian diet. Also I do like hunting because hunting is what God intended the animal be killed for not factory farming.

I been told by some Christians that I am no Christian if I am a vegeterian. Why would they say that?

I suppose they don't know what they are talking about.

Some people cannot digest meat or fish. My wife is one of those. As a baby she could not eat such, and was put on a vegetarian diet in 1940, she has been on it ever since. We are in France at the moment and they don't cater for vegetarians, the way we do in England, so she has various omelettes when we eat out.

I once bought a vegetarian cook book in French, but was disappointed when I read that it was translated from Australian.

Daniel was a vegetarian, so don't worry.

PS I am not. Edited by Invicta

• Members

Burgers?

I stopped with my daughter on the M4 motorway during the week and had a Burger King, for the first time in years. I wish I hadn't. We then had a woman asking us to complete a questionaire on motorway service areas. She was asking the wrong person, I think they are all rubbish, serving junk food.

The week before we were in France and I had a nice steak and frites on the A26 Autoroute. They have a completely different approch to service areas from us. We have a petrol station and a vast commercial area, but in France they have "Aire de repos" where they most often just have parking spaces, a toilet and picnic tables with less often a petrol station which may or may not have a restaurant or two. You can stay overnight or for as long as you wish, but on ours you can stay free for only 2 hours, then have to pay hefty parking charges. Our roads are mostly free, but the French are mostly toll roads, The Péage is the French word for Toll road in France and other French speaking countries, but the toll booth is the Péage. My wife's French bible says that Matthew was sitting in the Péage. I always wondered what the receipt of custom" meant, now I know, Matthew was collecting Auroroute fees. :smilie_loco:4

Edited by Invicta