• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The disgrace of England

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And I eat a salad most days, although I do, ocasionally have lardons on it. They are small pieces of bacon.

For good or for bad, you are not a typical Brit. I've been on that side of the pond when I went there to preach to the Mooslims. I do know how it is. It is true that here in God's country (US of A) we have long been backsliding. But whatever our faults might be, we are not half as bad as any other country in world.

Here is a relevant video on the subject. Quite a shame there aren't many preachers like this in the UK.

• Members

But whatever our faults might be, we are not half as bad as any other country in world.

According to Scripture it really doesn't matter how a nation compares to any other, but rather if that nation is following God or not. Unfortunately, America isn't following God. America, like every other nation, needs to repent and follow Christ.

• Members

Well, I don't want to get into a slanging match with you TC. I respect my American brothers. However USA was always a lawless nation, but you seem to have exported lawlessness to here. We read that the USA has a large proportion of OBese people, and you have exported that over here with McDonalds, BK and Wendy, although I have not seen any of the latter recently in the UK, but I have seen some in France.

WE do reject some US food such as beef which is fed with antibiotics, and GM vegetables and cereals, which no-one over here wants, but it seems that US citizens will eat anything.

• Members

For good or for bad, you are not a typical Brit. I've been on that side of the pond when I went there to preach to the Mooslims. I do know how it is. It is true that here in God's country (US of A) we have long been backsliding. But whatever our faults might be, we are not half as bad as any other country in world.

Here is a relevant video on the subject. Quite a shame there aren't many preachers like this in the UK.

I do believe this is called ranting, not preaching. If I saw this guy coming down the road yelling like this, I would suggest he find help and then walk away.

• Members

Invicta, you are right about Americans in general in how we eat, sad thing is we do not hear much preaching on eating too much.

Bro Matt, I think you are correct, the scripture has gluttony and drunkeness in the same sentence. We have a prOBlem with overweight here as well as we hear daily on the news.