• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our Moral Code is Outdated

trc123

• Members

While I do disagree with him, I think there is a small nugget of truth in some of what he says about that people who make a lot of money for themselves should be applauded. There seems to be this idea that people who have a lot of money must have done something unethical. Especially someone like Bill Gates who created a product or service that people are willing to pay for.

• Members

While I do disagree with him, I think there is a small nugget of truth in some of what he says about that people who make a lot of money for themselves should be applauded. There seems to be this idea that people who have a lot of money must have done something unethical. Especially someone like Bill Gates who created a product or service that people are willing to pay for.

Many who have made a lot of money have poured their heart and soul and all their time into acquiring their wealth. Not all, but many. When they have, is that a good thing?

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

• Members

Many who have made a lot of money have poured their heart and soul and all their time into acquiring their wealth. Not all, but many. When they have, is that a good thing?

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Many have given much of it away to charity, the church and the better of their fellow man.

• Members

Many have given much of it away to charity, the church and the better of their fellow man.

True--in fact Bill Gates himself is very charitable. So how would that verse apply to them? And then there's my earlier question: if someone has poured their heart and soul into their money and their career, is that a good thing? And by that I mean, is it a good thing for them?

These are open questions. :-)

• Members

True--in fact Bill Gates himself is very charitable. So how would that verse apply to them? And then there's my earlier question: if someone has poured their heart and soul into their money and their career, is that a good thing? And by that I mean, is it a good thing for them?

These are open questions. :-)

How much of Bill Gates money is used to reach the lost for Christ and expand the Kingdom of God?

• Members

Far more have used it to further wickedness and have used wicked means to gain their wealth.

In any case, we as Christians must face such according to the Word of God.

I totally agree that the Christian must be doing according to God's Word and Holy Spirit. Additionally, I am not adequate to decide which person is using their money out of the proper motive and for the proper purposes as I am not privy to their heart, nor their bank statement. Thus, why do I even need to worry about those other people. It is sufficient that I concern myself with me and mine.

• Members

That doesn't mean that it's not being used for worthy causes that help people. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation does some wonderful work.

Actually, it does. What profit it anyone if they gain the whole world but lose their soul? If I provide food and water for a million people a year yet I don't present them with the Gospel I've done them no good.

• Members

Actually, it does. What profit it anyone if they gain the whole world but lose their soul? If I provide food and water for a million people a year yet I don't present them with the Gospel I've done them no good.
Edited by trc123