• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does Your Government Really Care

John81

• Members

Ok, so tOBacco is the Leading cause of death in America (430,000 people a year!!!!) and cost our nation 100 BILLION dollars a year in Medical expenses. not to mention the fact about KILLING MORE AMERICANS THAN ANYTHING! Does noone question why your government allows tOBacco to be legal, but marijauana to be illegal ( which has ZERO cases of confirmed deaths directly related to it)

(someone sent me this to provoke thought)

• Members

Interesting thought. I think it's more politics than anything. Representatives from big tOBacco growing states (my home state included) would fight tooth and nail to keep tOBacco from being outlawed. Additionally, they already fight to keep taxes from being increased on tOBacco products.

One could also make a similar comparison between alcohol and marijuana.

• Members

Then it would seem the government cares more about money than the peoples health.

In many, perhaps not all but many cases I would say that's definitely true.

Edited to add: From personal experience I can say that there are some good eggs who really do care about the health and welfare of those they represent. Unfortunately they are not all that way. Edited by CPR

• Members

Well, I am going to disagree with the statistics. The number one leading cause of death in America is abortion. Honestly, even most doctors don't care. They care more about filling their pockets then what drug's side effects are doing to you. Sometimes I wonder why cancer is so rampant these days. I wonder if it might be the junk they put in our food. We could go on and on about how many ways the government really doesn't care but rather loves to fill their pockets.

• Members

Well, I am going to disagree with the statistics. The number one leading cause of death in America is abortion. Honestly, even most doctors don't care. They care more about filling their pockets then what drug's side effects are doing to you. Sometimes I wonder why cancer is so rampant these days. I wonder if it might be the junk they put in our food. We could go on and on about how many ways the government really doesn't care but rather loves to fill their pockets.

Good point! Another thing the government says is legal which takes the lives of those who can't even speak for themselves.

No doubt the FDA and other agencies have done a terrible disservice to Americans in their promotion of unhealthy foods.

• Administrators

Isn't it great how statistics can be manipulated? Some years it's alcohol that causes more deaths. Other years something else. I do agree, ambivlion, that abortion is the biggest cause!!

Cigarettes and marijuana affect people differently (cigarettes do not alter the mind...marijuana does).

• Members

Isn't it great how statistics can be manipulated? Some years it's alcohol that causes more deaths. Other years something else. I do agree, ambivlion, that abortion is the biggest cause!!

Cigarettes and marijuana affect people differently (cigarettes do not alter the mind...marijuana does).

True on all counts, but the supposed point of the OP was the health aspect with an apparent emphasis on that which leads to death. This to show how the government own policies don't match their words.