• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Only in a small southern town!

• Members

The following news item, is from our local radio station's website, http://www.chattooga1180.com. I ain't makin' this up! It's really happenin'!

"EMA Director Henderson Urges Public to use 911"
"Written by Jimmy Holbrook
Sep 01, 2010 at 05:42 AM
On Tuesday Chattooga County 911 experienced some prOBlems with the phone lines. The reason for the prOBlem was that the phone lines were not rolling over. Windstream was notified and the prOBlem was resolved quickly. But, Chattooga County EMA Director Eddie Henderson told AM 1180 that there is another situation that the public can help with:
"We have been experiencing what could become a prOBlem at the E911 Center. It seems that more and more folks are calling the administrative number to report emergencies. This could be a prOBlem for several reasons. First of all, it may not be an operator who answers the administrative line. If this is the case there will be a delay since you will need to be transferred to an operator. Second, if the administrative lines are both busy you will receive a busy signal. There are only two administrative lines at the Center. They do rollover one to another but if both are tied up you will not be able to get through. Third, these lines are for everyday business use. If you need an address or have other business with 911 these are the lines you should call. But they are not for emergency use. We have eight 911 emergency lines or trunks. It is rare that all these lines will be busy at once. We also have two lines dedicated to cell phones. For expedience we urge you to use the 911 number to call for help from law enforcement, fire, and EMS in any emergency large or small. It is much easier to dial three numbers than ten.
We appreciate the public’s help in this matter. Our jOB is to get you the help you need as quickly as possible. When seconds count Dial 911."
Mr. Henderson said that Chattooga County 911 is very close to going wireless, which will allow the 911 operators to identify cell phones. Henderson said that when the program is in place the 911 operator will be able to tell where a cell phone caller is calling from by tracking "pings" from cell phone towers. In the meantime, please call 911 if you have an emergency, not the administration lines."

• Members

I lived in Chickamauga, GA as a teenager for three years and went to Homer Smith's church in Rossvile. That was awhile ago.

Been around those parts any?

Well, what ya know 'bout that! Actually, before the LORD put me in Summerville, I was considering becoming a member of Bible Baptist Church of Rossville, GA, Pastor Ricky Gravley! A preacher out of our church, (Brother Gary Wells,) a few years ago, was the Interim Pastor of a church in Chickamauga, now pastored (unless that's changed) by Craig Westbrook; can't remember the name. I remember the church is on Hog Jowl Road, but that's all. Used to listen to Brother Westbrook, on WFLI, when he had a 30-minute weekly Saturday afternoon broadcast!
Who's Homer Smith?

• Members

Well, what ya know 'bout that! Actually, before the LORD put me in Summerville, I was considering becoming a member of Bible Baptist Church of Rossville, GA, Pastor Ricky Gravley! A preacher out of our church, (Brother Gary Wells,) a few years ago, was the Interim Pastor of a church in Chickamauga, now pastored (unless that's changed) by Craig Westbrook; can't remember the name. I remember the church is on Hog Jowl Road, but that's all. Used to listen to Brother Westbrook, on WFLI, when he had a 30-minute weekly Saturday afternoon broadcast!
Who's Homer Smith?

Ah ha! The church pastored by Craig Westbrook, is Mt. Hermon Baptist Church, 2373 Hog Jowl Road, in (or as best as I remember from the broadcast, heading out of) Chickamauga! Ah, what a little "googling" can do! LOL