• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How Did You Find Online Baptist?

Guest Guest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Your first post here, Katie. :wave:

Any other Minnesotans here? I'm a Minnesotan living in China with my hubby and baby girl and I found this by browsing the world wide web and that beloved Google. We're attempting to do missionary stuff, but it's slow going. We just got back here after being home in beautiful Minnesota for a few months. Before that we were here 2 1/2 years.

• Members

Matt installed a web service I built--SpelChek--and I checked out the board. I didn't post, then, because I don't go to an IFB church. Then Matt added another service I built--phpBible--and some people were asking about it so I replied to their questions. Istarted making a few posts, limiting it alot, since I didn't want to intrude, not being IFB. Then a bunch of Liberals took over the board I was posting on, and proceeded to run off all the real Christians, so I started posting more here.

• Members
Ha - thanks! Now I can let my brain rest. :lol

We have an elderly lady in our church who is from your home state, I keep forgetting the name of it, I'll try to remember and get her to refresh my mind, them see if it happened to be your and or close to it. She was raised a Lutheran, but converted after marrying a Baptist.

As I said, I'll try to remember, sometimes it can be a small world if you ask a question or 2.

• Members

I was a member of a Southern Baptist church. I was in Sunday School class and the lessons they were using had scriptures that didn't line up with what I was reading in my Bible(KJV). When I made mention of it, the teacher handed me a Holman Standard Version. I said no thanks. Got home and started looking into this issue and got a hit on this board. I haven't posted here in awhile, but when I first joined I found a lot of helpful information here.

Thanks,
LD

• Members

[quote="Crushmaster"]I found it when I was Google searching for an Independent Baptist site. I soon found OB and, after some praying, decided to join. :wink I've very much enjoyed my experience thus far, and I am sure I will continue to.
God bless,
Crushmaster.[/quote]

Internet magics. s

You prayed to decide whether or not to join? How odd.

• Members

Why is that odd?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Well, simply put, I think that God's Will generally has little or nothing to do with internet message board. God's Will is that we live for him on a daily basis. We don't have to pray out whether or not we should join a certain message board, let our kids play in Little League, or what newspaper we should subscribe to. Those are matters where we simply exercise the judgment and wisdom that God has given us.