• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"The Five F's of Fashion"

• Members

Here's another one she wrote. It's for ladies, as you proably noticed though, I'm not a lady, so I can't post this in the ladies forum. :lol: It's a very good series of articles that I think ladies who have to go through the trials and tribulations of being modest and yet in fashion will appreciate. Feel free to leave a comment on the blog, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you.

--

150341_w_s+-+abigail+dress.jpg

My prayer and purpose for this topic is to strike that balance between being “in this world and not of this world” in regards to The FIVE “F’s”: Fashion, Fit, Femininity, Function, and Frugality in a way that conforms to God’s word.

Please enjoy reading my philosophy and frustrations of fashion as it relates to being a child of God, and recognize the tongue in cheek humor to be just that; good humored fun.

FASHION: The ever changing styles that we in some form or another are bound to because we live in this world.

FIT: The biggest obstacle to modesty is fit. If you can find the right fit, you don’t have to pull up on your tank top, tug down on your skirt, look at your butt in the mirror hoping there is enough “slack in your slacks,” or wonder if what you are wearing is figure flattering or figure revealing. Yet, there are not a lot of clothes made to FIT a Christian. The solution to this is for what I am constantly working toward.

FEMININITY: God wants us to be feminine. Regardless of what articles of clothing you are wearing, you should be feminine. That is what the cut of clothing defines. Yet a life changing moment for me was when I heard this advice from a wise “aged woman”, “Wear a skirt whenever you can.” “You mean, wear something other than jeans and a cute shirt????!!!!!” I believe there are times when a skirt is not appropriate, but most of the time a skirt is a great option. We should embrace our femininity and enjoy it. Get out of the denim rut and wear a sundress or in the winter a cute skirt and boots. It will make you smile.

FUNCTION: This is where the call to appropriateness comes. Skiing is NOT the place for a fun skirt. Mowing the yard is NOT the place for a cute sundress. Doing dishes is NOT a place you want to wear your Sunday best. I like a challenge though and I wanted to see if I could conquer the “skirt only” world and see where exactly “wherever I can” meant, and outside of winter sports, there is a skirt for everything; and I mean EVERYTHING. It’s ALL about the fabric. Shoes on the other hand are a little bit tricky, because (except for crew socks) socks and skirts make your legs look like stumps; add a pair of unwisely chosen sneakers with them and you look nonsensical.

FRUGALITY: This is a wise quote by Shirla Jones: “… the goal is not to spend an excessive amount on clothes. The goal is to look your best within your budget...."

COMPLETE ARTICLE

Edited by Rick Schworer

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Its funny how the other one was commented in august and not this one LOL. First off I only wear two types of pants sweats in the winter to keep me warm sleeping and around the house and dress pants underneath my dress to keep me cozy. I am into old fashioned jumper type dresses and prairie type dresses and very long skirts and dresses. There are to many perverts out there that will do harm if I wear anything that isn't a long dress or skirt. I am always making sure I am covered.
If God Blesses us with children and daughters they will be long skirt and dress only girls and secret keeper girls also. They will have emergnacy lose fitting pants and sweats like me in case they need to put those on in emergnancy. However, in our new home I am thinking of geting a sewing machine.

• Members

Women, to me, looks much better in proper dresses, than they do pants.

No doubt, we have to live in this world, but that does not mean we have to be like them.

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

In fact, we are to be:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

overcomers.

• Members

Women, to me, looks much better in proper dresses, than they do pants.

No doubt, we have to live in this world, but that does not mean we have to be like them.

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

In fact, we are to be:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

overcomers.

Yes I agree that is why I am slowly converting over. Once we are in our new place and we are settled in and we know how much monthly we have extra with funding, I am getting more dresses and skirts. Until then I need to wear whatever I get my hands on.