• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Discussion Topic - Head Coverings.

• Members

Whether it's hair or a covering it's apparent most Christian women are in violation.

While out and about today I looked at several Christian publications and some bulletins and posters advertising Christian groups and events. One thing they all had in common were Christian women with not only short hair, but very short hair.

I've noticed this year it seems there is a trend for Christian women to have their hair cut so short in the back that from behind, if you could only see their head, you would think it was a man in front of you.

• Members

One of my least favorite topics...

That's true for most Christian women too but it's yet an important topic because God chose to address it in Scripture.

It's interesting that some churches are quick to ensure their men have short hair, and if any man's hair grows long or someone new begins attending, they are quick to discuss the issue with them. However, they can have a congregation full of women with very short hair, often in positions within the church, and the pastor, elders and members look the other way and are silent.

• Members

What's the old saying? When Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Most pastors don't want to stir up a hornet's nest with the womenfolk.

That's a fact!

This is also why women basically run many churches today (and in some denominations they do run the church) and why many Christian families are unbalanced.

It's a shame Christian pastors and Christian men in general are more afraid of upsetting women than they are of not obeying God.

• Members

I agree guys, but the problem isn't primarily in the women. If men are in their correct place, the women are much more likely to follow. Church boys these days (who call themselves men) are not fulfilling their responsibilities and the women then take over leadership in the family and the church. The men must repent first before telling the women what to wear on their heads or how long to keep their hair.

• Members

I agree guys, but the problem isn't primarily in the women. If men are in their correct place, the women are much more likely to follow. Church boys these days (who call themselves men) are not fulfilling their responsibilities and the women then take over leadership in the family and the church. The men must repent first before telling the women what to wear on their heads or how long to keep their hair.

Absolutely! If Christian pastors, husbands, dads, and other men of God would truly fear God more than woman and preach, teach and expect the whole Word of God to be followed, we wouldn't have all these Christian women with short hair, wearing immodest clothes, taking leadership roles in the church, becoming pastors, disrespecting men with their attitudes and speach, etc.

Men are called by God to lead and it's so sad that fear of women's reactions prevents them from obeying the Word of God.

• Members

Absolutely! If Christian pastors, husbands, dads, and other men of God would truly fear God more than woman and preach, teach and expect the whole Word of God to be followed, we wouldn't have all these Christian women with short hair, wearing immodest clothes, taking leadership roles in the church, becoming pastors, disrespecting men with their attitudes and speach, etc.

Men are called by God to lead and it's so sad that fear of women's reactions prevents them from obeying the Word of God.

I think you hit the nail on the head....

• Members

My wife always wears a hat as she is from a Brethren background. She is the only one in our church who does, although one lady used to wear nice hats while her husband was aalive and he was also from a Brethren background. We have a Brethren couple who come to us often on Sunday evenings as their meeting is so small they don't have an eevening service anymore. I once said to the wife, "I like it when you come as then my wife is not the only one to wear a hat." She answered "My husband would not let me come without one."

We have been to a Brethren meeting house where they have scarves available for any woman who turns up without a hat and a sign asking them to use one.

• Members

I believe that it is long hair that is her covering 1 Cor. 11:15), but when I was a Catholic, most, if not all, of the women wore hats! I used to wonder why, and no one could really explain it then.

I'm inclined to agree, brother, as those verses being at the end of the discourse seem to suggest that. However, I think history and the earlier verses disagree...
God bless,
Joel ><>.

• Members

I paid some extra attention to women going to and coming from churches this morning and what I saw was disturbing.

The number of women with those very short hair cuts which could get them mistaken for a man from behind were too numerous to count. The number of those with other styles of very short hair were just as many.

Women with hair obviously long were sadly few.

In doing some checking I found out many of the women with the shortest hair were public school teachers and Sunday school teachers or held other positions in their churches. Interesting that the women with the most man-like hair styles are also the women that hold authority positions.