• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heavy Burdens

• Members

Heavy Burdens
Mt. 11:28-30)

Sometimes our burdens grow so heavy that we cannot hear the sound reasoning of our fellow man. The weight is unbearable, and it captures all our attention, and all our mind so that we are beyond talking, and in a quandary as to what to do; counseling is futile. This is a dangerous place to reside; only the Lord can help us in His silent blessings--the blessings of the heart. Only He can lift us up, and set our feet upon a rock, and excite us once again for His glory. It seems that “little” things grow--they get much bigger; we assume we can handle them because they are so small at first, but they fester, and enlarge themselves, and gather friends, and overpower us until we succumb to depression and dismay. This too is a very dangerous place for us to dwell in--but what can we do about it? It seems that it is impossible to overcome, and it is without Christ. Invite Him into your prOBlems; leave them on His back; He is able to bear them all; He will overcome.

We have no choice but to hang on and ride them out, knowing that “this too will pass”, and better days lie ahead. Trust in the Lord; He cares about your prOBlems; He can carry your burdens, and drop them into the sea of the world, and deliver us out of their bondage. Oh, please, seek Him now, before you sink into the mire of despair, and drop off the edge of hope, and end up in the dregs of the earth with no one to care--no one to help. Let the Lord work in the secret places of your heart, and bring that hidden joy to surface once again.

Mt. 11:28-30
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

THE CALL
“Come unto me”

THE CALLED
“All ye that labor”

THE PROMSE
“I will give you rest”

OUR OBLIGATION
“Take my yoke upon you”

OUR DUTY
“Learn of me”

OUR REWARD
“Ye shall find rest unto your souls”

“Learn of me”—the key to finding rest;
Learn of Him;
Take His yoke upon you;

“And ye shall find rest unto your souls”

• Members

Worry never rOBs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy .

"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer."