• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beware of Michael Pearl's No Greater Joy Ministry

• Members

AMEN, Brothers! In case you missed it, in a later post, (now earlier) I said that churches should charge nothing for their cds and such!

Nothing is free, someone is paying for it somewhere. If the person recieving the material isn't paying for it, that means it was paid for by tithes and offerings. This is all a mute point, you can't have books and CDs without someone paying for it. Edited by Rick Schworer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nothing is free, someone is paying for it somewhere. If the person recieving the material isn't paying for it, that means it was paid for by tithes and offerings. This is all a mute point, you can't have books and CDs without someone paying for it.

Amen!

• Members

Nothing is free, someone is paying for it somewhere. If the person recieving the material isn't paying for it, that means it was paid for by tithes and offerings. This is all a mute point, you can't have books and CDs without someone paying for it.

They are free to those who request them. That's the only point. Christ paid the ultimate price for our salvation, but it's free to us.

• Members

They are free to those who request them. That's the only point. Christ paid the ultimate price for our salvation, but it's free to us.

Exactly.

I do not believe the church should charge believers for anything.

As a church, we do not believe in raising money in any way. Other churches charge or have a collection for the tea when they have a special meeting. Our church has a tea supplied by its members with a top up supplied by the church where needed. We do not have an offering plate or bag passed around, but have a box at the back labelled "The Lord's Treasury." When we first started that, people said we would not receive enough money, but the offerings actually went up. That way we do not have to ask unbelievers for money. Since we started that more than 15 years ago, we have been able to do many repairs and maintenance on our buildings which we never had any money to do before, as well as more giving to missionaries. Edited by Invicta

• Members

Exactly.

I do not believe the church should charge believers for anything.

As a church, we do not believe in raising money in any way. Other churches charge or have a collection for the tea when they have a special meeting. Our church has a tea supplied by its members with a top up supplied by the church where needed. We do not have an offering plate or bag passed around, but have a box at the back labelled "The Lord's Treasury." When we first started that, people said we would not receive enough money, but the offerings actually went up. That way we do not have to ask unbelievers for money. Since we started that more than 15 years ago, we have been able to do many repairs and maintenance on our buildings which we never had any money to do before, as well as more giving to missionaries.

I agree. I have seen churches that will take up an offering at every opportunity, to the point they seem to make it about money, not God the Father and Jesus our Savior. A new Testament Church ought to be self supporting.

I recall a revival service years back at an out in the sticks country church. Linda and I attended all nights of the revival. They announce each night, there will be no offering taken up. If anyone want to give anything, there is a box on the table as you leave our church. Whatever may be put into that box will be given to Brother Cannon on top of what we give him. Just please remember, we are not soliciting anyone to put a single dime into it. It seems like there be few that way anymore.

As for myself I think its a disgrace to have a revival, invited anyone and every one to it, them hit them up to help pay the bills. After all a revival is for the church and its members, they ought to support this endeavor their self, and not ask their guest that they've invited too.

• Members

:amen: Our church never collects money when holding special services, holiday services or anything other than our regular services. I believe this is one of the reasons our special Christmas service brings in so many that our sanctuary is totally filled. Most other area churches pass a plate and ask for money any time someone walks into their church.