• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

An auction after a town council meeting?

• Members

The following article, is taken from our local radio stations website, http://www.chattooga1180.com. Personally, I've never heard of such, but, all due respect, this is NWGA!

"Written by Jimmy Holbrook
Aug 24, 2010 at 05:43 AM
Trion Mayor Johnny Ingle told AM 1180 Chattooga County Radio that the town will be auctioning off seven air conditioners at the regular Trion Town Council meeting coming up this Thursday, August 26. The air conditioners are window units; each one is 5200 BTU. The auction will follow the Trion Town Council's regular work session.
The mayor said that if anyone has any questions they can contact the Town of Trion office, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. The phone number is 706-734-2332."

• Administrators

Interesting. If the air conditioners are from the town hall building, and the money goes to town business, I think that's a great idea! Recycle the machines rather than just throwing them out, and give people the opportunity to purchase them at a smaller price than they would normally go for. Plus bring some money into town coffers.

Our library has book sales twice a year, but one year we upgraded all of the computers (large library - 4 buildings, with many computers in each, plus our public internet computers (over 25)...we have lots of computers! :rolleyes: ), so we had an equipment sale. The public bought used computers, printers, etc., for a lower price and we made some extra money for the programs we offer the public (and got rid of the equipment without having to throw it away). Win-win.

Sounds like that mayor has some good business instincts!

• Members

Interesting. If the air conditioners are from the town hall building, and the money goes to town business, I think that's a great idea! Recycle the machines rather than just throwing them out, and give people the opportunity to purchase them at a smaller price than they would normally go for. Plus bring some money into town coffers.

Our library has book sales twice a year, but one year we upgraded all of the computers (large library - 4 buildings, with many computers in each, plus our public internet computers (over 25)...we have lots of computers! :rolleyes: ), so we had an equipment sale. The public bought used computers, printers, etc., for a lower price and we made some extra money for the programs we offer the public (and got rid of the equipment without having to throw it away). Win-win.

Sounds like that mayor has some good business instincts!

If the ACs came from the town hall or some other municipal building, that'd be a neat thing! PrOBlem is, the article doesn't say where they came from!
Recently, due to flood damage, (if memory serves me correctly,) the town tore down an old apartment building and is putting something else, in it's place! I just hope these ACs didn't come from there!
BTW, great idea, on the equipment sale!
Thanks for the reply!