• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryNumbers

Angry Ron Paul Defends Ground Zero Mosque

From the site of the history of the libertarian movement: I don't agree with everthing the libertarian party promotes as a whole (no more than I agree with the GOP in entirety), but I do believe that is has evolved into a party that is truly more in line with the founders as far as personal and political liberty goes.

The founders recognized that law comes from God, and gave him the glory. The libertarians condemn that, try to derive it from sophistic reasoning about morals, and actually end up condemning all of our founding fathers while trying to steal their name (or crown). It makes my eyes water just thinking about it.

In America it seems many professing Christians will line up with those who partially agrees with God, paying no mind to the points where they disagree with God.

That is they try to pick out the lesser of the evil, them hang their hope for the future on this country on them.

In America it seems many professing Christians will line up with those who partially agrees with God, paying no mind to the points where they disagree with God.

That is they try to pick out the lesser of the evil, them hang their hope for the future on this country on them.

Many professing Christians are more than willing to allow themselves to be blind to wickedness or to elevate some man-made notion of America or patriotism or their own personal preferences above Almighty God.

When professing Christians reject what Scripture says in order to accept a worldly position they reveal where their heart and loyalty is.

Many professing Christians are more than willing to allow themselves to be blind to wickedness or to elevate some man-made notion of America or patriotism or their own personal preferences above Almighty God.

When professing Christians reject what Scripture says in order to accept a worldly position they reveal where their heart and loyalty is.

If it isn't what God wants, then remove youself from it and pray about it. It isn't the numbers. God is a majority, and He rules.
As bad as it might seem - it seems to me that politics really skates around the prince of this world trying to get Christians
not to pray to their Father like they know He's really in charge. Its amazing how things suddently change a new way when
Christians start praying and ignore the noise.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (King James Version)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

If it isn't what God wants, then remove youself from it and pray about it. It isn't the numbers. God is a majority, and He rules.
As bad as it might seem - it seems to me that politics really skates around the prince of this world trying to get Christians
not to pray to their Father like they know He's really in charge. Its amazing how things suddently change a new way when
Christians start praying and ignore the noise.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (King James Version)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

This may be what you meant, I'm not sure, but those verses do not speak of earthly government but of heavenly or spiritual government. That's why the people of that time were confused (and Herod tried to have Jesus killed) because they were expecting an earthly ruler.