• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"MOMMY - Why is Cinderella Showing Her Chest?"

• Members

Brother John, you're exactly right! It's still there! If I could remove it, I would, but it's there, for life.
I wonder if TRC123 remembers any old worldly songs, pictures, thoughts, or anything else, from before the LORD saved him! If he'd be truthful, he'd say "yes" and wouldn't be so quick to jump all over a Brother. Please pardon me, if I seem a little defencive.

I believe John got the little "poke" I made at you. You see, I wasn't really coming down on a brother about music as I figured it was something you had from the past.

But, with that said, I felt that my little poke ("IMHO it sounds to me like someone is listening to the wrong kind of music, the world's music.") might point out to you that these kinds of statements are a bit harsh when one doesn't know the person's background. This same kind of statement that you made, "IMHO, if Cinderella is showing her chest, sounds like somebody's watching something they shouldn't watch! Also IMHO, if somebody would let their children watch such, what are the parents watching? The last two statements, are purely my opinion and prOBably do not reflect the views of most!"

When I read your statement, I took it that you were being somewhat judgmental towards Rick's wife for writing the article about Cinderella. I read it that you were insinuating that she was "watching something" she "shouldn't watch!" That just seemed to me to be a bit presumptuous on your part.

If that was not your intention, I apologize for assuming the wrong motive and wrong interpretation of your comments.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe John got the little "poke" I made at you. You see, I wasn't really coming down on a brother about music as I figured it was something you had from the past.

But, with that said, I felt that my little poke ("IMHO it sounds to me like someone is listening to the wrong kind of music, the world's music.") might point out to you that these kinds of statements are a bit harsh when one doesn't know the person's background. This same kind of statement that you made, "IMHO, if Cinderella is showing her chest, sounds like somebody's watching something they shouldn't watch! Also IMHO, if somebody would let their children watch such, what are the parents watching? The last two statements, are purely my opinion and prOBably do not reflect the views of most!"

When I read your statement, I took it that you were being somewhat judgmental towards Rick's wife for writing the article about Cinderella. I read it that you were insinuating that she was "watching something" she "shouldn't watch!" That just seemed to me to be a bit presumptuous on your part.

If that was not your intention, I apologize for assuming the wrong motive and wrong interpretation of your comments.

I'll tell you how that first statement came about. I was telling my wife about this thread and that's what she said! I just so happen to agree with her! Someone doesn't have to agree with my opinion, but I do have the right, to voice it!
While we're on that, I didn't say as much as I could have said, about what people "should" and "shouldn't" watch! Not just on this thread, but, on lots of other threads up here, I've seen moovies and shows mentioned, that me, my wife, nor my daughter would watch! Yes, I do have the right to say that, in this free country and on this forum! People don't have to agree with me, but I'm used to that!
I'm officially bowing out of the discussion, as of now.