• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why can't we just trust the Lord?

• Members

:amen: This came up last night in our Bible study. How can one profess to have Jesus as their Saviour but not also have Him as their Lord? Biblically they can't! Jesus says He is to be our Lord and Saviour, not just our Saviour with His Lordship being an option we can accept or reject.

If we are not seeking to OBey Christ in all things, we had better examine our faith!

The book of James speaks to this when he proclaims that faith without works is dead. If we have true, saving faith this will be reflected in how we live our lives, in what we do and won't do. Do our lives reflect Christ or the world? Is Christ our Lord or have set another above Christ?

It seems that many use the excuse, I don't know, so being as I don't know, I'm ignorant on that issue, I get a free pass, & or other use the excuse, I use my Christian liberty on that one, yet Christ tells us not to use liberty to sin.

Ho 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Seems those who reject knowledge will not have an excuse to stand on.

• Members

It seems that many use the excuse, I don't know, so being as I don't know, I'm ignorant on that issue, I get a free pass, & or other use the excuse, I use my Christian liberty on that one, yet Christ tells us not to use liberty to sin.

Ho 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Seems those who reject knowledge will not have an excuse to stand on.

We also touched upon this in Bible study last night! It's amazing how often professing Chrisians will say they didn't know something the Bible is clear on, or they believe stuff to be from the Bible that's not there.

Clearly their lack of knowledge is because they don't read their Bible!

For instance, it's astonishing how many professing Christians actually believe that when they die they will become an angel!

Most professing Christians know they should read their Bible. Most realize God wants them to read their Bible. Even so, they choose not to. Some because they just don't care, some because they have so many "more important" things to do all the time, and some even avoid the Bible because they don't want to know what it says so they won't feel so guilty sinning.

If a professing Christian is avoiding the Bible, they are avoiding following Christ and they are making it impossible for them to OBey the Word of God because they won't take the time to draw close to the Lord and learn from Him.