• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

For some reason, because of my "emotionalism",(their word--not mine) I have been mistaken for a woman, and so I discovered that my gender is not speciifed in my profile. Just so everyone knows; on any forum I have ever joined, I have never intentionally tried to hide my gender, nor am I ashamed of it. So if someone would kindly show me how, I will get that taken care of right now. And anyway; what is feminine about the screen name "Heartstrings"? :puzzled3:

Like LuAnne, I have always thought you were a male. And I agree, I wouldn't worry about you being more emotional than some men bother you too much. It just shows you have a BIG heart!

• Members

Heartstrings, FWIW, my husband (who is a "manly man" if there ever was one--6'6" tall, loves sports, lifts weights, sings bass, preaches with energy and intensity) has a lot in common with you. He bawls like a baby at Hallmark movies--even Hallmark commercials! He often cries when describing a counseling session he's had with a wayward kid. He even cries sometimes during family devotions, when he's praying, etc. He cries at funerals, weddings, graduations, etc. He's a man, and he cries manly tears. He is not a coward...not fearful. He'd never cry if he thought an intruder was in the house; he'd spring into action to defend those he loved (and woe be to the would-be molester who got in his way).
Jesus Himself wept, too...for all the right reasons.

Edited by Annie