• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tell me what I am!

• Members

I believe in souls winning. i have, in my lifetime, been used to win many others the Christ.
I believe in preaching it, and in doing it, although I have slowed down considerably lately, (which is my own fault)

Now, I do not claim to be a Calvinist, and I have heard some claim that Calvinism is "out of the pits of hell", and I am not sure to where the poster thought Calvinism begins.

I believe in the sovereignty of God; when I got saved, I was not seeking after the Lord--in no way! I was not looking for Him, but He was looking after me! God is sovereign:

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Christ came seeking me:

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

He sought me out, and I responded favorably. He did not take away my free will, but convinced me to give my life over to Him.

He drew me to Him with "bands of love":

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now, I have a home awaiting me in Heaven, and have become a child of God; I called on Him in faith:

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I simply believed His Word, (and did not want to go to hell!); I asked in my heart:

"What must I do to be saved?" and He answered:

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Now, I have eternal life, because I have Jesus Who is eternal life. I am elected in Christ, because I have elected to trust Him by faith.

So...what am I? I believe in God's sovereignty, and the depravity of man, but I also believe that man is a free moral agent, and "chooses" to walk in the way of the Lord.

Am I Calvinist, or Armenian? You tell me.

Edited by irishman

• Administrators

I believe in souls winning. i have, in my lifetime, been used to win many others the Christ.
I believe in preaching it, and in doing it, although I have slowed down considerably lately, (which is my own fault)

Now, I do not claim to be a Calvinist, and I have heard some claim that Calvinism is "out of the pits of hell", and I am not sure to where the poster thought Calvinism begins.

I believe in the sovereignty of God; when I got saved, I was not seeking after the Lord--in no way! I was not looking for Him, but He was looking after me! God is sovereign:

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Christ came seeking me:

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

He sought me out, and I responded favorably. He did not take away my free will, but convinced me to give my life over to Him.

He drew me to Him with "bands of love":

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now, I have a home awaiting me in Heaven, and have become a child of God; I called on Him in faith:

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I simply believed His Word, (and did not want to go to hell!); I asked in my heart:

"What must I do to be saved?" and He answered:

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Now, I have eternal life, because I have Jesus Who is eternal life. I am elected in Christ, because I have elected to trust Him by faith.

So...what am I? I believe in God's sovereignty, and the depravity of man, but I also believe that man is a free moral agent, and "chooses" to walk in the way of the Lord.

Am I Calvinist, or Armenian? You tell me.

I agree with John - you are a Christian! :clapping: Me, too! :biggrin:

• Members

Pretty good argument that you could be convicted of being a Christian :clapping: a seed was planted, God watered, and your name was written down, you can point to a time when you acknowledged God and your sinfulness (praise God) you recognize that you aren't as "active" as you once were (conviction) the Holy Spirit does that to Gods' children. Remember the time get back into close fellowship with Him and His workers, Praise God for the opportunity to serve, in spite of our sinfulness. :icon_mrgreen:

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I believe we go too far into things we weren't meant to understand. Understand yes, God is working, but yes, He still commands us to, "Go ye into all the world" Things will all become clear one day when we see His face :)

• Members

Melodys is right. We make the simple complex some times.

Yes, you're a Christian.

Have you heard this before...

I’ll tell the world, that I’m a christian,
I’m not ashamed, His name to bear;
I’ll tell the world, that I’m a christian,
I’ll take Him with me anywhere.

I’ll tell the world, how Jesus saved me,
and how He gave me a life brand new;
And I know that if you trust Him,
that all He gave me, He’ll give to you.

I’ll tell the world, that He’s my Saviour,
No other one, could love me so;
My life, my all is His forever,
and where He leads me I will go.

For when He comes, and life is over,
For those who love Him there’s more to be;
Eyes have never seen the wonders,
That He’s preparing, for you and me

Oh, tell the world, that you’re a christian,
Be not ashamed, His name to bear;
Oh tell the world, that you’re a christian,
And take Him with you anywhere.

...a childrens Christian song.

Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

• Members

Melody, You've hit something that I think is correct, and I have mentioned it many times.

Its not about how much of the Bible you know, its how you use the knowledge that you do have. I have known several people throughout the years that were loaded with Bible knowledge, yet they did not use it, they wasted it.

I've known others that knew not as much about the Bible as those I mentioned above, yet they were putting to use, everyday, that knowledge which they have.

If God calls a man for a work, He will provided them with what they need in order to do that work which He called them for. There may be many that has more Bible knowledge than they, yet they will be unable to do that work which God called that man for. We each have our own work, that is what we need to be doing. Plus, God sees the whole picture, we just see a small portion of it. And it comes down to trusting and obeying.

Here is a little poem I came across several years ago, and there is a very good sermon in it.

"My Work"

If I should fail to do the work,
Which God designed for me,
In all the world there's not a soul,
To do my job, you see.

Some may accomplish what I could not,
And gather much fame and wealth,
But no other creature which God has made,
Can do my work but myself.

So, however humble my task may be,
And how much tempter to quit,
I'll remember each day as I press along,
That nobody else can do it.

• Members

Melody, You've hit something that I think is correct, and I have mentioned it many times.

Its not about how much of the Bible you know, its how you use the knowledge that you do have. I have known several people throughout the years that were loaded with Bible knowledge, yet they did not use it, they wasted it.

I've known others that knew not as much about the Bible as those I mentioned above, yet they were putting to use, everyday, that knowledge which they have.

If God calls a man for a work, He will provided them with what they need in order to do that work which He called them for. There may be many that has more Bible knowledge than they, yet they will be unable to do that work which God called that man for. We each have our own work, that is what we need to be doing. Plus, God sees the whole picture, we just see a small portion of it. And it comes down to trusting and obeying.

Here is a little poem I came across several years ago, and there is a very good sermon in it.

"My Work"

If I should fail to do the work,
Which God designed for me,
In all the world there's not a soul,
To do my job, you see.

Some may accomplish what I could not,
And gather much fame and wealth,
But no other creature which God has made,
Can do my work but myself.

So, however humble my task may be,
And how much tempter to quit,
I'll remember each day as I press along,