• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"saving" the lost

• Members

How does one explain color to a blind man?
Or how can we describe sound to him that is deaf?
Could a dead man understand what it is to live again?
So it is with trying to explain eternal things to a carnal man;
Or trying perhaps, to enlighten a mna who lives and walks in darkness;
These things are impossible to explain unless there is a divine intervention.

One of the "rules" of soul winning that I have been taught, was to expect someone to get saved. Can I expect a blind man to see? Or a corpse to rise again aside from divine intervention? No, we must go in the power of the Holy Spirit, and let His purpose be accomplished. Of course we don't lead everyone we deal with to the lord, but neither did Paul! The command to us is "go", it is not "Go if you get the result you want". Now, it is just expected that the more we go, the more results we will see. Don't spend all your time looking for the Ethiopian eunuch, or the Philippian jailer, just go. Satan does not always choose his prey, but walks about "seeking whim he may devour".

Just give the Gospel, and let the Lord give the meaning, est we over emphasize our "pet" points, and underestimate the rest. Only then can color be explained to a blind man, or sound to the deaf.

• Members

:thumb:

We are to go forth presenting the Gospel, the results are in the hands of God.

Too often today folks will set forth with a goal in mind (I'm going to win a dozen to Christ today) and they go forth in their own power (rather than in the power of the Holy Ghost). This often leads to a watering down of the Gospel, to "1, 2, 3, repeat after me" approaches, and even using aggressive tactics to get someone to say a "sinners prayer" so they can put another mark in their book adding to their count of "souls won to Christ".

• Members

:thumb: We are to go forth presenting the Gospel

I myself "go forth" right where I am without even so much as stepping a foot out the door.

The initials WWW in Online Baptist's URL stand for World-Wide-Web.

So then, since this is a world-wide venue, then it qualifies as a mission field; and we all have a God-given mandate to post to it accordingly.

†. Mtt 28:19-20 . . Go ye therefore, and teach all nations . . . . teaching them to OBserve all things whatsoever I have commanded you.

Let me tell you, the internet is a golden opportunity. Now, as never before, every believer can be a missionary. If Christians fail to evangelize the world with the internet, then all I can say is: they've got prOBlems as this is by far the most useful tool for the Lord to come along since radio and television. We can't all be on radio, and we can't all be on television, but if you've got internet access, you can at least be on the world wide web. Where? On Christian forums like OnlineBaptist.

But be forewarned: not all Christian forums feel OBligated to comply with the Lord's last wishes. Too many of them prefer chat and gossip and give like zero consideration to Mtt 28:19-20 so don't be surprised when they ban you for spamming and/or harrassment when you pollute their site with unsolicited gospel messages.

C.L.I.F.F.
/ Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

I myself "go forth" right where I am without even so much as stepping a foot out the door.

The initials WWW in Online Baptist's URL stand for World-Wide-Web.

So then, since this is a world-wide venue, then it qualifies as a mission field; and we all have a God-given mandate to post to it accordingly.

†. Mtt 28:19-20 . . Go ye therefore, and teach all nations . . . . teaching them to OBserve all things whatsoever I have commanded you.

Let me tell you, the internet is a golden opportunity. Now, as never before, every believer can be a missionary. If Christians fail to evangelize the world with the internet, then all I can say is: they've got prOBlems as this is by far the most useful tool for the Lord to come along since radio and television. We can't all be on radio, and we can't all be on television, but if you've got internet access, you can at least be on the world wide web. Where? On Christian forums like OnlineBaptist.

But be forewarned: not all Christian forums feel OBligated to comply with the Lord's last wishes. Too many of them prefer chat and gossip and give like zero consideration to Mtt 28:19-20 so don't be surprised when they ban you for spamming and/or harrassment when you pollute their site with unsolicited gospel messages.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

I have thought that myself, but the prOBlem is, how do we get unsaved people to read it? I suppose if they come looking for it, then we are evangelizing the world, but this is more like making the Gospel available than taking it to them, at least that's my opinion. I usually think of the babe in Christ when I write, and all the old timers just say "Ho hum, heard it all before"! The babe that is growing, and searching for the wisdom that is often hidden in the Word is usually the real benefactor of forums, but that's ok, as long as the Lord is glorified. (I'm sure we take the unsaved too that may venture this way>)

• Members

I was booted from every "Christian" forum I joined prior to coming to OB. There are plenty of lost people on "Christian" forums. Even when confronting someone with their heart hardened, it's important to post biblically because your real audience should be the others who read your post.

Yahoo used to have "Clubs" (they merged them with their "Groups") and I used to spread the message on many of them. I've been on various pagan forums that allowed me there, I've been on pro-white forums, pro-black forums, various political forums, etc. Some I left from after being asked to, others I was booted from.

Oddly enough, the "Christian" forums were quicker to boot me for quoting Scripture than any of the other groups.

• Members

I was booted from every "Christian" forum I joined prior to coming to OB. There are plenty of lost people on "Christian" forums. Even when confronting someone with their heart hardened, it's important to post biblically because your real audience should be the others who read your post.

Yahoo used to have "Clubs" (they merged them with their "Groups") and I used to spread the message on many of them. I've been on various pagan forums that allowed me there, I've been on pro-white forums, pro-black forums, various political forums, etc. Some I left from after being asked to, others I was booted from.

Oddly enough, the "Christian" forums were quicker to boot me for quoting Scripture than any of the other groups.

John,

Why do you think you were booted from those other boards?

• Members

John,

Why do you think you were booted from those other boards?

I know why I was booted from most of them. One "Christian" forum I was booted for posting Scripture. One of the Mods said something along the lines that we can't turn to Scripture for everything and we should discuss and debate using reason and logic, not relying on Scripture.

Another "Christian" forum said quoting the KJB was racist because they said the KKK uses that Bible and the KJB was the Bible of slavery.

Most of the pagan sites were fairly civil and I was eventually asked nicely to leave since all my posts had something to do with Christianity.

Political sites didn't care to have their positions viewed through the lens of Scripture.

The pro-white and pro-black sites were not traditional Christian friendly. They either had their own warped version of "Christianity", held to some pagan religion or didn't want religion discussed.

• Members

I know why I was booted from most of them. One "Christian" forum I was booted for posting Scripture. One of the Mods said something along the lines that we can't turn to Scripture for everything and we should discuss and debate using reason and logic, not relying on Scripture.

Another "Christian" forum said quoting the KJB was racist because they said the KKK uses that Bible and the KJB was the Bible of slavery.

Most of the pagan sites were fairly civil and I was eventually asked nicely to leave since all my posts had something to do with Christianity.

Political sites didn't care to have their positions viewed through the lens of Scripture.

The pro-white and pro-black sites were not traditional Christian friendly. They either had their own warped version of "Christianity", held to some pagan religion or didn't want religion discussed.

Thank you for sharing.

• Members

I was booted from one forum that called itself a Christian forum because I said there was only one God, and only one way to be saved. I might add, before booting me they did ask me just what that one way was, I gave these 3 verses;

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

and stated, no one Gets to God except by Jesus, and its only thanks to God's grace through faith in Jesus, not by baptizing, not by church membership, not of works, not of your self, it is a gift one has to accept from God.

it seemed as soon as the moderator read it, I was gone.

At 1st it aggravated me, but after a bit I thought, that really was not a good place for me to hang out, those people believe another gospel.

On a health board I was asked not to mention God, nor Jesus. I told the moderator, well now, my God, and Jesus is what has got me though this, I've depended 100% on Them. Now everyone else is telling where there help comes from, you mean I can't tell that God and Jesus is what gets me though each day? They said NO, if you do we will ban you, I did not argue with them, I quickly left, and brushed off my feet.

I might mention, later a friend emailed me, they had fired the moderator, she told the new moderator what happened, and the new moderator apologized and invited me back. I went back for a while, but it never seemed the same and I could not get back into it.

• Members

†. 1Cor 14:23-25 . . If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

. . . But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: and thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Hello;

I didn't post that passage to get us into a debate over tongues but simply to point out how important it is for believers on a world-wide Christian forum to be discussing the Bible when world-wide visitors drop in to see what we're doing. Most of us are never going to amount to much in the grand scheme of evangelism but you just never know when that magic moment arrives when out of the blue God taps you on the shoulder for just one single task; for example:

†. 2 Kgs 5:1-4 . . Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the Lord had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

. . . And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife. And she said unto her mistress: Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy. And one went in, and told his lord, saying: Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.

Well, you prOBably know the rest. The point is: that little no-account slave-ette played a key role in getting Mr. Naaman's leprosy cured by Elisha and after that, she totally disappears from the pages of scripture never to be seen or heard of again.

C.L.I.F.F.
/