• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Joseph's Second Birth

• Members

Hello;

Some years ago I attended an adult Sunday school class in a church here in Oregon being taught by a spiritually inept chemical engineer blundering his way through the life of Joseph. When I had just about enough of his short-sighted perspectives, I raised my hand to ask a question. Here's what I asked:

Do you think Joseph was born again?

The man was completely taken aback. He actually began to stammer before asking me to explain. So I informed him (he should have already known this being a Baptist Sunday school teacher) that Jesus testified that nOBody is getting into the kingdom without first undergoing a second birth.

†. John 3:3 . .Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Well, the man was thunder-struck and the whole class instantly erupted into chaos: barking, yelping, waving Bibles in my face, and protesting that people in the Old Testament were saved differently than people in the New. But I wasn't talking about being saved; no, I was talking about undergoing a second birth; which Jesus testified is a must rather than an option.

†. John 3:7 . . Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.

Jesus' language indicates that nOBody is exempt from the requirement; which means all the Old Testament personages, including Abel, Seth, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, JacOB, Joseph, and David, had to undergo a second birth too in order to OBtain passage into the kingdom of God.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

Amazes me that many there be who think people are saved differently in different time periods. One person even made the comment that in one time period people will be saved if their good deeds outweigh their bad deeds.

I'm of the persuasion that all people are saved the same way.

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Yet even though our Bible says, "...it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins," there be those who think the blood sacrifices was what saved those after the law was given up until Jesus died on the cross.