• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Brotherly love

• Members

Fellowship and being Friendly are two different things. The two can't be compared.

While I would not Fellowship with a Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Anglican, etc., I would be Friendly and help one out in the time of need. I've helped out many people in the time of need with food and clothing, but I would not sit there and hold their hand and sing "Kumbaya, my Lord" with them.

Again
Fellowship and being Friendly are two different things.

Ineed, part of the prOBlem comes down to definitions. Some people have very differing views of what fellowship means and even the idea of being friends.

Once can be friendly with someone without actually being friends and one can have friendly relations with someone without actually being friends.

At the same time, some people woudl call doing that "being friends" and some would even call any time they had together "fellowship".

We often find ourselves saying the same thing but in different ways, or mistaking what another is saying because of the various uses of these terms.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ineed, part of the prOBlem comes down to definitions. Some people have very differing views of what fellowship means and even the idea of being friends.

Once can be friendly with someone without actually being friends and one can have friendly relations with someone without actually being friends.

At the same time, some people woudl call doing that "being friends" and some would even call any time they had together "fellowship".

We often find ourselves saying the same thing but in different ways, or mistaking what another is saying because of the various uses of these terms.

John: You and I OBviously have some differences that you see as warranting "separation." From what you say, I understand that "separation" does not mean you would not come to my aid if I were in need (an act of brotherly love). Am I to understand it to mean that we could not sing hymns together, or that we could not pray together, or that our families could not share a meal together?

• Members

First of all, quit comparing your self to Christ. It's insulting. And I didn't threaten you. You are a Christian and I am a Christian. Christ died for both of us, not prefering one to the other. One day, we will both be in heaven and I'm afraid that once we get there, you won't have a choice as to whether you will fellowship with me or not. That's the reckoning I am looking forward to. I don't think you (or a reasonalbe person I should say) could have have honestly concluded that I was threatening you in any way - you just want to sensationalize the issue.

The above part in bold is an great example of why you are wrong. If there were ever an occassion where you had little food and I had plenty, or you had some other trouble and I offered to help. You would reject me because I was baptized as a baby. On the flip side, I had little food and you had plenty, or I had some other trouble, you would not offer to help. You would sit in your pseudorighteous corner thanking Jesus for how "right" you are. You don't love your neighbor as yourself. You love yourself and you judge your neighbor. Like I said, one day you are going to be surrounded by whole host of Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians . . . and I don't believe you'll have any choice, or desire, but to join with them in worshiping our Lord. God never commanded you to not fellowship with other Christians. I love how you try to twist scripture to say how "Jerry" feels. Other than that, pickles to you Sir, pickles I say.

I'm not comparing myself to Christ, I just trusting and OBeying. We have an 'Instruction Book,' we are to use it. Continue to attack me as you wish, call me names, perhaps that makes you feel good about yourself.

• Members

I'm not comparing myself to Christ, I just trusting and OBeying. We have an 'Instruction Book,' we are to use it. Continue to attack me as you wish, call me names, perhaps that makes you feel good about yourself.

I have not called you any names. In fact, I have tried to help you. I pm'd you some very serious invofmation that you should look into immediately.