• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Peter On The Water

• Members

†. John 6:16-21 . . And when even was now come, his disciples went down unto the sea and entered into a ship, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was now dark, and Jesus was not come to them.

. . . And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew. So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid. But he saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid. Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went.

According to Matthew's version, Peter ventured out on the water.

†. Mtt 14:28-31 . . And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

. . . But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

According to the Lord, when an individual has faith as a grain of mustard seed they can literally move mountains (Mtt 17:20). So then if that kind of faith can move a mountain, it shouldn't be all that much more difficult for it to calm a storm, and/or walk on water. (cf. Luke 8:22-25). OBviously then, mustard-seed faith goes beyond simply accepting the veracity of a statement. There's a genuine connect to the Bible's God with mustard-seed faith. (cf. 1Kgs 18:30-38)

The koiné Greek word for save in Mtt 14:30 is sozo (sode'-zo); which means: to rescue and/or protect. Though Peter didn't have enough faith to prevent himself from sinking in the water, he did have enough faith to believe his master could; which is why he cried out to Jesus rather than to one of the crew in the boat.

The ark did the same thing for Noah that Jesus did for Peter: it prevented him from drowning in water; which is why the ark is such an excellent type of Christ; and it's so appropriate that Mr. Peter should be the Lord's apostle of choice to write about it.

†.1Pet 3:20-21 . . God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

The "baptism that saves you also" is not, as some have erroneously assumed, the natural H2O of ritual baptism, but rather, a supernatural baptism performed by God's spirit that places a fully-deserving-of-Hell sinner "in" Christ where the wrath of God cannot touch him with any more effect than the waters of the Flood could touch Noah while he was "in" the ark.

†. 1Cor 12:13 . . For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

How does one "drink" God's spirit?

†. John 3:5 . .Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

They mystery water of John 3:5 is really no mystery at all since Jesus revealed it in the very next chapter of John— not to a seminary PhD, nor to a rabbi, nor to an accredited author; but rather, to a no-account promiscuous woman. To her he revealed that the water of John 3:5 is not for bathing, nor for ritual baptism, nor for irrigating crops, nor for cooking and/or brushing your teeth, no, it's specifically for drinking; and it isn't even natural water at all; but rather, it's a supernatural water.

†. John 4:10 . . Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

†. John 4:13-14 . . Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

In other words, the "water" of John 3:5 is eternal life; so that when a sinner undergoes a second birth, they aren't given a human kind of life all over again; no, they're given an endless kind of life in contrast to human life which is a perishable kind of life.

†. John 3:6 . .That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

When somebody is born of God's spirit, then the Spirit becomes their biological father so to speak; and that is very significant. Since the Spirit is a heavenly kind of life, then His offspring are a heavenly kind of life too. In point of fact, the koiné Greek words for "born again" in John 3:3 are gennao and anothen which literally mean procreated from above.

Heavenly life is very advantageous. Since it's a kind of life that cannot die, then it's impervious to the wages of sin.

†. Rom 6:23 . . The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The water of John 3:5 and John 4:10-14 is available to anybody who believes it's possible; and has the moxie to go for it.

†. John 7:37-38 . . Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

†. Rev 22:17 . . The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

†. John 6:16-21 . .When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. When they had rowed three or three and a half miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were terrified. But he said to them: It is I; don't be afraid. Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.

According to Matthew's version, Peter ventured out on the water.

†. Mtt 14:28-33 . . Master, if it's you; Peter replied; bid me to come to you on the water. Come; he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, croaked: Master, save me! Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. You of little faith; he said; why did you doubt?

According to the Lord, when an individual has faith as a grain of mustard seed they can literally move mountains (Mtt 17:20). So then if that kind of faith can move a mountain, it shouldn't be all that much more difficult for it to calm a storm, and/or walk on water. (cf. Luke 8:22-25)

The koiné Greek word for save in Mtt 14:30 is sozo (sode'-zo); which means: to rescue and/or protect. Though Peter didn't have enough faith to prevent himself from sinking in the water, he did have enough faith to believe his master could.

The ark did the same thing for Noah that Jesus did for Peter: it prevented him from drowning in water; which is why the ark is such an excellent type of Christ; and it's so appropriate that Mr. Peter should be the Lord's apostle of choice to write about it.

†. 1Pet 3:20-22 . . God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, and this water symbolizes the baptism that now saves you also— not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand— with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

The "baptism that saves you also" is not, as some have erroneously assumed, the natural H2O of ritual baptism, but rather, a supernatural baptism performed by God's spirit that places a fully-deserving-of-Hell sinner "in" Christ where the wrath of God cannot touch him with any more effect than the waters of the Flood could touch Noah while he was "in" the ark.

†. 1Cor 172:13 . . For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have all been given the one Spirit to drink.

How does one "drink" God's spirit?

†. John 3:5 . . Jesus answered: I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

They mystery water of John 3:5 is really no mystery at all since Jesus revealed it in the very next chapter of John— not to a seminary PhD, nor to a rabbi, nor to an accredited author; but rather, to a no-account promiscuous woman. To her he revealed that the water of John 3:5 is not for bathing, nor for ritual baptism, nor for irrigating crops, nor for cooking and/or brushing your teeth, no, it's specifically for drinking; and it isn't even natural water at all; but rather, it's a supernatural water.

†. John 4:10 . . If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.

†. John 4:13-14 . . Everyone who drinks your water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him an artesian spring of water; bubbling up with eternal life.

In other words, the "water" of John 3:5 is eternal life; so that when a sinner undergoes a second birth, they aren't given a human kind of life all over again; no, they're given a divine kind of life; which is an endless kind of life in contrast to human life which is a vulnerable kind of life.

†. John 3:6 . . Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit reproduces heaven's life.

Heaven's life is very advantageous. Since it's a kind of life that cannot die, then it's impervious to the wages of sin.

†. Rom 6:23 . .The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life; in our master: Jesus Christ.

The water of John 3:5 and John 4:10-14 is available to anybody who believes it's possible; and has the moxie to go for it.

†. John 7:37-39 . . On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a strong voice: If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the scripture has said: "streams of living water will flow from within him". By this he meant The Spirit

†. Rev 22:17 . .The Spirit and the bride say: Come! And let him who hears say: Come! Whoever is thirsty, let him come. And whoever wishes to, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

hey Ciff, just a reminder, or in case you didn't know, We only post the KJB here. It is in the rules of the forum.

• Members

Hello;

This is a bit off-topic but since Irishman brought it up I should deal with it for the sake of uninitiated viewers.

The King James version of 1611 is not God's word. No, it's an English translation of God's word; and it isn't American English, but rather, the English vernacular spoken in Britain 399 years ago— a vernacular which modern Brits no longer speak.

Since the New Testament is so vital in the plan of salvation, I'll comment on it.

The New Testament's canon was originally penned in a kind of Greek called koiné. It was the first common supra-regional dialect in Greece and came to serve as a lingua franca for the eastern Mediterranean and ancient Near East throughout the Roman world. It was not only the original language of the New Testament, but also of the Septuagint.

The modern Greek language descends from koiné Greek. What I'm saying is; if you make the mistake of speaking to a citizen of modern Greece using koiné words, they are prOBably not going to understand you. People in modern Greece speak a different form of Greek; which is not the same as koiné. In point of linguistic fact, koiné Greek is a dead language.

The prOBlem is; languages are not static. So it is essential to periodically revise English translations of the New Testament so that modern English-speaking peoples can better understand what the ancient koiné manuscripts say.

Unfortunately, like all languages, koiné contains a good number of ambiguous words so that it is virtually impossible to render it into English verbatim; which is why it is wise to consult a variety of English translations in your studies. My personal favorites are the KJV, the NKJV, the NIV, the NASV, and the NLT. It is also a good idea to utilize the lexicons of a Strong's Concordance; where you can see for yourself just how ambiguous koiné really is.

It is a good idea to keep in mind that no English translation of koiné is chipped in stone; hah! far from it. The experts come as close as they can, and believe it or not, sometimes even take educated guesses; and to make matters only worse; koiné has no punctuation, so that the punctuation you see in English translations of koiné were placed in the English text arbitrarily and can sometimes make a whale of a difference in how people interpret the Bible. For example:

†. Luke 3:23 . . And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, etc, etc.

Every stitch of punctuation in that sentence was placed in its respective location arbitrarily; so that what you see above makes it look like Christ's genealogy in Luke follows Joseph's line; when actually what you're looking at is the line of Mary's father Heli. Josephs' father was a man named JacOB. (Mtt 1:16)

Here's a much, much better arbitrary version of Luke 3:23.

†. And Jesus himself (assumed Joseph's son) began to be about thirty years of age; being the son of Heli, etc, etc.

All I can say is: Caveat Lector

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

I'll post the link and the content.

Regarding the KJV Issue.

Most of us who devoutly believe and defend the King James Bible are well aware of how "stupid" "ignorant" "backward" "cultic" "unloving" and "narrow minded" we are IN YOUR EYES.

You do not need to tell us again, we heard you the first time and have been hearing you for hundreds of years. The trouble is that we are a loyal and faithful lot finding it difficult to change our stand and beliefs. Even with all of your books, magazines, articles, and posts, you have not given us any evidence, either material or Spiritual, to show that you offer us anything better than what we already have. In fact there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that you could even offer us anything as good as we have!

Therefore to listen to your insults, blasphemies, and offers, is a repeat of history and a waste of our time but we thank you for your concern (you did come out of true concern didn't you?) but we are really not interested in your offers.

We will however pray that you come to know and believe in something to the point that you are willing to stand as a true defender of the faith in the face of any and all opposition just as most of us do.

We DO however stand with open invitation to all who come sincerely seeking the truth in the matter of the King James Bible versus the Modern Versions. I don't know of a single KJBible defender who will lie to you or twist History or the Scriptures to make a point. If any do then they have other prOBlems that need dealt with before the Lord and have no fellowship with the true defenders of God's Word.

We ask the seeker to look beneath all the hype and the arguments found in every public KJBible forum, for the devil sends such events to keep you discouraged and in the dark. Be not detoured from your mission of truth, for in the end the Spirit of God will testify to the Spirit in you as to what is true and what is not.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Written by Jim Oakley and used by permission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Added 11/05/05

I feel it is time I bring this back up to the top. It seems we go in circles talking about these issues and neither side gets anywhere. It is a waste of my time and yours if you will not listen to answers when they are given. If you do not like our stand that is fine just remember that you are the one who came here to fellowship with us.

All King James Bible posts are to be posted in viewforum.php?f=57

• Members

Hello;

This is a bit off-topic but since Irishman brought it up I should deal with it for the sake of uninitiated viewers.

The King James version of 1611 is not God's word. No, it's an English translation of God's word; and it isn't American English, but rather, the English vernacular spoken in Britain 399 years ago— a vernacular which modern Brits no longer speak.

Since the New Testament is so vital in the plan of salvation, I'll comment on it.

The New Testament's canon was originally penned in a kind of Greek called koiné. It was the first common supra-regional dialect in Greece and came to serve as a lingua franca for the eastern Mediterranean and ancient Near East throughout the Roman world. It was not only the original language of the New Testament, but also of the Septuagint.

The modern Greek language descends from koiné Greek. What I'm saying is; if you make the mistake of speaking to a citizen of modern Greece using koiné words, they are prOBably not going to understand you. People in modern Greece speak a different form of Greek; which is not the same as koiné. In point of linguistic fact, koiné Greek is a dead language.

The prOBlem is; languages are not static. So it is essential to periodically revise English translations of the New Testament so that modern English-speaking peoples can better understand what the ancient koiné manuscripts say.

Koiné Greek is the language of God's word (in the New Testament). Unfortunately, like all languages, koiné contains a good number of ambiguous words so that it is virtually impossible to render it into English verbatim; which is why it is wise to utilize several different versions of the Bible in your studies. My personal favorites are the KJV, the NKJV, the NIV, the NASV, and the NLT. It is also a good idea to utilize the lexicons of a Strong's Concordance; where you can see for yourself just how ambiguous koiné really is.

It is a good idea to keep in mind that no English translation of koiné is chipped in stone; hah! far from it. The experts come as close as they can, and believe it or not, sometimes even take educated guesses; and to make matters only worse; koiné has no punctuation, so that the punctuation you see in English translations of koiné were placed in the English text arbitrarily and can sometimes make a whale of a difference in how people interpret the Bible. For example:

†. Luke 3:23 . . And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, etc, etc.

Every stitch of punctuation in that sentence was placed in their various locations arbitrarily; and what you see above makes it look like Luke's genealogy follows Joseph's line; when actually what you're looking at is the line of Mary's father Heli. Josephs' father was a man named JacOB. (Mtt 1:16)

Here's a much, much better arbitrary version of Luke 3:23.

†. And Jesus himself (assumed Joseph's son) began to be about thirty years of age; being the son of Heli, etc, etc.

All I can say is: Caveat Lector

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Who taught you all this? Certainly it wasn't the Bible; most likely you have been taught it from another man who learned it from another, and another, and another, etc. It is hand-me-down doctrine from Westcott and Hort types who had to run to their "priest" to clarify the clear, and pure Word of God.

If I may be so bold as to borrow a scripture from another text, (it applies so well here)
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

I will not argue with you, but
If you wish to persist with this endless debate, look back at some of the old posts on this forum, it has been hashed over many times, and I doubt that you can add anything "new" to the debate. Edited by irishman

• Members

Irishman, hello;

RE: Who taught you all this?

I underwent a second birth as per Jesus' instructions at John 3:3-8 when I was a young 24 year-old guy back in 1968.

In 1971 I discovered a radio preacher named J.Vernon McGee who has been my primary influence for going on 39 years; but not my sole influence. There have been many lectures, sermons, seminars, books, Sunday school classes, and other radio programs along the way too; so though I've not been to seminary; I'm pretty well grounded in accordance with Eph 4:7-14.

Some of my more notable influences, besides J.Vernon McGee, have been C.I.Scofield, Walter Martin, Werner Keller, Michael L.Brown, Henry M.Morris, J.Dwight Pentecost, Randall Price, Henry A.Ironside, Ted Epp, and Lester Rolloff, et al.

I cut my Baptist teeth on the New Scofield reference Bible of 1968; which, at that time, was a revision of Scofield's original reference Bible. At that time, the Scofield was published by Oxford press and was available only in a revised King James translation. Today the Scofield is available in the NIV as well.

I soon learned in my early experience that one's choice of English translation isn’t nearly as important as having the anointing of 1John 2:26-27 onboard to sort it all out for them and make it click.

†. 1John 2:26-27 . . The anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Christians need human Bible teachers (Eph 4:11-15). But human teachers cannot train somebody's intuition to recognize the truth when they see it; viz: human teachers cannot give people a feel for the truth, nor can human teachers break down peoples' resistance to the truth once the anointing has assisted them to recognize it.

†. 1Cor 2:14 . .The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him: neither can he comprehend them, because they are Spiritually appraised.

What that's saying is that even if a non-anointed Christian should run across a genuine Spirit-endowed teacher, they will not listen to him; no, they will reject the Spirit-endowed teacher. They have to reject him because the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him: neither can he comprehend them, because they are Spiritually appraised.

So then, people lacking the anointing of 1John 2:26-27 would really be no worse off studying the Shooter's Bible instead of the Holy Bible. In cases like that, whether one chooses the KJV, the NIV, the Koran, the Book Of Mormon, or Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health with Key To The Scriptures, or one of Giada De Laurentiis' cook books is irrelevant since the end result will be the same.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

Irishman, hello;

RE: Who taught you all this?

I underwent a second birth as per Jesus' instructions at John 3:3-8 when I was a young 24 year-old guy back in 1968.

In 1971 I discovered a radio preacher named J.Vernon McGee who has been my primary influence for going on 39 years; but not my sole influence. There have been many lectures, sermons, seminars, books, Sunday school classes, and other radio programs along the way too; so though I've not been to seminary; I'm pretty well grounded in accordance with Eph 4:7-14.

Some of my more notable influences, besides J.Vernon McGee, have been C.I.Scofield, Walter Martin, Werner Keller, Michael L.Brown, Henry M.Morris, J.Dwight Pentecost, Randall Price, Henry A.Ironside, Ted Epp, and Lester Rolloff, et al.

I cut my Baptist teeth on the New Scofield reference Bible of 1968; which, at that time, was a revision of Scofield's original reference Bible. At that time, the Scofield was published by Oxford press and was available only in a revised King James translation. Today the Scofield is available in the NIV as well.

I soon learned in my early experience that one's choice of English translation isn’t nearly as important as having the anointing of 1John 2:26-27 onboard to sort it all out for them and make it click.

†. 1John 2:26-27 . . The anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Christians need human Bible teachers (Eph 4:11-15). But human teachers cannot train somebody's intuition to recognize the truth when they see it; viz: human teachers cannot give people a feel for the truth, nor can human teachers break down peoples' resistance to the truth once the anointing has assisted them to recognize it.

†. 1Cor 2:14 . .The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him: neither can he comprehend them, because they are Spiritually appraised.

What that's saying is that even if a non-anointed Christian should run across a genuine Spirit-endowed teacher, they will not listen to him; no, they will reject the Spirit-endowed teacher. They have to reject him because the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him: neither can he comprehend them, because they are Spiritually appraised.

So then, people lacking the anointing of 1John 2:26-27 would really be no worse off studying the Shooter's Bible instead of the Holy Bible. In cases like that, whether one chooses the KJV, the NIV, the Koran, the Book Of Mormon, or Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health with Key To The Scriptures, or one of Giada De Laurentiis' cook books is irrelevant since the end result will be the same.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

J. Vernon Magee is not a fundamentalist, by his own admission. in fact, with the exception of only a few, most of them aren't even Baptist (with the exception of Lester Roloff)! Schofield included. This is an IFB website, and I see you persist in using an inferior translation even though you know this is a JKB ONLY website.

Would a moderator please "moderate"?? Edited by irishman

• Members

C.L.I.F.F.
/

No sir,
The Bible says that only the Spirit can comprehend the things of the Spirit. The Bible teaches that a born-agaim believer has two natures; one is called the "natural man", "old man", or "the flesh" and the other is the "new man". But a lost man only has the "natural man". A spiritual man, by the power of the Spirit, can help a lost persont o understand.....

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 27And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 29Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

• Members

Irishman, hello;

RE: I see you persist in using an inferior translation

Yours is an emotional, subjective opinion rather than a scholarly, OBjective opinion; and I for one do not share it. In my independent opinion, a nearly 400 year-old British vernacular is not only an inferior translation; but also quite OBsolete. The Brits themselves don't even use that vernacular anymore.

RE: J. Vernon Magee is not a fundamentalist, by his own admission. in fact, with the exception of only a few, most of them aren't even Baptist (with the exception of Lester Roloff)! Schofield included.

I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that IFB Baptists are the only Christians on earth blessed with the anointing of 1John 2:26-27. And I'm also curious as to how you came to the conclusion that IFB Baptists are the only Christians on earth to whom Christ grants the gift of teaching as per Eph 4:11.

BTW: if I read the epistle of 1John aright, all believers are supposed to be blessed with that anointing. Can you honestly say that you have it? I can.

RE: Would a moderator please "moderate"??

Calm down. I and BroMatt have been in touch.

Let me ask you something. I revised my original post by quoting only KJV passages as per my BibleSoft computer program,. What did you get, if anything, out of Peter On The Water? Are you 110% confident that you have successfully imbibed the water about which Jesus spoke during his conversation with the promiscuous woman of Samaria?

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

heartstrings, hello;

RE: "What that's saying is that even if a non-anointed Christian should run across a genuine Spirit-endowed teacher, they will not listen to him; no, they will reject the Spirit-endowed teacher."

That comment targeted non-anointed Christians. Candace's treasurer wasn't a Christian.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

• Members

heartstrings, hello;

RE: "What that's saying is that even if a non-anointed Christian should run across a genuine Spirit-endowed teacher, they will not listen to him; no, they will reject the Spirit-endowed teacher."

That comment targeted non-anointed Christians. Candace's treasurer wasn't a Christian.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

All born again Christians are anointed.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:9

If we have trouble discerning or accepting spiritual things, we are either #1. Not walking in the Spirit or #2. unsaved.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

• Members

heartstrings, hello;

RE: All born again Christians are anointed.

Not all Christians are born again.

†. Mtt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

That passage doesn't target Atheists, nor Hindus, nor Muslims. No, it targets people professing that Christ is their Lord; viz: it targets Christians; and not just your average rank and file pew warmers, no, but rather, it targets outstanding Christians like Mother Teresa, Padre Pio, Jeanne Jugan, Jozef Damian de Veuster, archbishop Zygmunt Szczesny Felinski, Francisco Coll y Guitart, Rafael Arnaiz Baron, Father Arcangelo Tadini, Sister Caterina Volpicelli, theologian Bernardo Tolomei, Gertrude Caterina Comensoli, Carmelite monk Nuno de Santa Maria Alvares Pereira, Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, Billy Graham, Luis Palau, and a host of Sunday school teachers, Pastors, Deacons and church elders— the cream of the crop; the celebrities of the Christian world; renowned for their accomplishments, their piety, their perseverance, their love, and their dedication.

It is to many of them that Jesus will attest "I never knew you". Why? Because they failed to undergo a second birth as per John 3:3-8 and without that second birth, no Christian, no matter how glistering, has a right to be known as God's kin.

†. John 1:12-13 . . But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It seems beyond belief that a glistering Christian could expend a lifetime in a pulpit and/or in a Sunday school, casting out demons, and involved in charities like orphanages, hospitals, soup kitchens, disaster relief, and maybe even hosting a world-wide Christian internet forum and still go to Hell. But they do.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be spared? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Mtt 7:13-14 . .For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22:14 . .For many are invited, but few are chosen.

BTW: Lest somebody protest with: Who are you to judge those people on your list? Answer: I didn't. Mtt 7:22-23 targets Christians like those rather than those in particular.

What if that shady lady of Samaria had taken the Lord up on his offer to give her a drink of living water? Would she then have qualified to be known as God's kin? Well of course! because the water Jesus offered her becomes within its imbibers a fountain of water bubbling up with eternal life. God's son is onboard with everyone who possesses eternal life.

†. 1John 5:11-12 . . And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

The awful ramifications of that verse are that Christians lacking eternal life are quite christless; and therefore, not one of his sheep.

†. Rom 8:9 . . If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Edited by Webers_Home

• Members

Mtt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you. Depart from me, you that work iniquity.

I believe that these folks were looking to their works, and not to grace alone. It seems OBvious since they plead their case with their "many wonderful works". perhaps this is why Christ said, ..."Ye that work iniquity". It may have been that the "wonderful works" themselves were good, but the way they did them was polluted them.
Just a thought.

• Members

Irishman, hello;

Perhaps you overlooked these questions in a previous post so I'll repeating them just in case.

(1) I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that IFB Baptists are the only Christians on earth blessed with the anointing of 1John 2:26-27.

(2) And I'm also curious as to how you came to the conclusion that IFB Baptists are the only Christians on earth to whom Christ grants the gift of teaching as per Eph 4:11.

(3) If I read the epistle of 1John aright, all believers are supposed to be blessed with that anointing. Can you honestly say that you have it?

(4) Are you confident that you have successfully imbibed the water about which Jesus spoke during his conversation with the promiscuous woman of Samaria?

C.L.I.F.F.
/