• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian support for Homosexuality, Islam....

• Members

Are professing Christians to abide by the Word of God in such matters in all aspects of their lives or is the law of the land, the particular country they live in or their personal opinions or feelings to be their guide?

We see the Episcopal church, along with others, accepting one sin after another yet professing Christians continue to attend these churches, continue to identify themselves as Episocpal (etc.), and thereby give their support to sin such as women preachers and abominations such as homosexual priests and bishops.

We see various churches dropping biblical commands and principles in favor of ecumenical outreach, "bridge building", and attempting to live in harmony and full acceptance of various false religions, including Islam, one of the most ungodly, anti-Christian false religions.

Does the Word of God matter to professing Christians anymore? Why do professing Christians support that which is ungodly by wrapping themselves in man's law when Scripture warns against such and is clear that God's Word trumps man's law?

"Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by law?" Psalm 94:20

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Another thing many professing Christians support, even participate in, is easy divorce.

Should professing Christians support, condone, even promote the idea of easy divorce? Does it matter that God says He hates divorce...that's a very strong statement from the Lord that he HATES divorce...and yet so many professing Christians don't hate it.

What does it say to the world about the Christian view of marriage and divorce when the divorce rate among professing Christians is virtually the same as non-Christians?

Does not Scripture command a husband to love his wife as Christ loved the church? Did Christ ever give up on the church, leave the church?

In some churches we have both men and women who have been married and divorced multiple times to professing Christians and all of these when both professed to be Christians.

There are pastors today who promote divorce as the "easy solution"! Easy for who? The pastor so he doesn't have to provide effective biblical counselling?

How many churches teach and stand upon what the Word of God says regarding marriage and divorce today?

• Members

Why do so many professing Christians condone, tolerate or even promote false religions? Is it any wonder America is awash in false religions and so many see the false religions as equal to or even better than Christianity when professing Christians have failed to biblically confront them?

Who was the first to try and ban Bibles from the public schools? It wasn't secular humanists in the late 20the century, it was Roman Catholics in the 1800s!

Who in the world today has an active plan for world domination and the total elimination of all who refuse to join them? It's not communists or nazis, it's the false religion of Islam!

What false religion has now gained acceptance as a part of Christianity among many professing Christians and is experiencing much growth as they pretend to promote "family values"?

Why are so many professing Christians not only failing to confront and stand against these false religions but even condoning them and sometimes promoting them?

Does Scripture not have plenty to say about this or does this not apply to 21st century Christians?

• Members

Answer: Christians have by and large accepted the philosophy of the world, rationalizing scripture.

Agreed. Which leads to the question of whether or not they are truly Christians or not.

Scripture tells us that if we love Christ we will OBey Him. Naturally, that doesn't mean we will be in perfect compliance with the law and will of God at all times, but it does mean such will be our aim.

Christ also asked those around Him why they were calling Him "Lord" when they didn't do what He said. Again we are told many will crying unto Him, "Lord, Lord, we did this and that for you" yet Christ will tell them He never knew them and send them away.

Many professing Christians proclaim one can be a true Christian and yet attend a false religion church or a church that is greatly violating God's commands. Professing Christians declare they can be Catholic even though the RCC teaches a false gospel (which, as Scripture tells us, is no gospel at all); they say they can remain Episcopalian even though they allow women and homosexual priests and bishops in direct violation of the Word of God.

Of course there are also those professing Christians who declare they don't need to attend church in order to worship God and be a Christian. Again, putting their own self on the throne instead of Christ and violating the command to assemble together with Believers.

It brings great sadness to my heart to think of how many of these people who may sincerely believe they are saved and right with God will one day here Christ tell them to depart because He never knew them. :icon_sad:

• Members

Agreed. Which leads to the question of whether or not they are truly Christians or not.

Scripture tells us that if we love Christ we will OBey Him. Naturally, that doesn't mean we will be in perfect compliance with the law and will of God at all times, but it does mean such will be our aim.

Christ also asked those around Him why they were calling Him "Lord" when they didn't do what He said. Again we are told many will crying unto Him, "Lord, Lord, we did this and that for you" yet Christ will tell them He never knew them and send them away.

Many professing Christians proclaim one can be a true Christian and yet attend a false religion church or a church that is greatly violating God's commands. Professing Christians declare they can be Catholic even though the RCC teaches a false gospel (which, as Scripture tells us, is no gospel at all); they say they can remain Episcopalian even though they allow women and homosexual priests and bishops in direct violation of the Word of God.

Of course there are also those professing Christians who declare they don't need to attend church in order to worship God and be a Christian. Again, putting their own self on the throne instead of Christ and violating the command to assemble together with Believers.

It brings great sadness to my heart to think of how many of these people who may sincerely believe they are saved and right with God will one day here Christ tell them to depart because He never knew them. :icon_sad:

I'll address this since it implicates a questioning of my own faith. I am an Anglican. In America, that means I attend an Epsicopal Church. My Church is located within a diocese within my state (my state has two dicoese because the majority of Christians here are in fact Anglicans). My diocese has a Bishop and he is the spiritual head of all the churches within the diocese.

The Episcopal Church also has a national leadership that is also headed by a Bishop called the Presiding Bishop which is also the president of the House of Bishops. However, this national leadership has no control over the individual dioceses as described above. They are merely figure heads, so to speak. Currently, the presiding Bishop is a woman. The national leadership of the Church is indeed deeply wrong on several issues, namely sexual orientation, the primacy of scripture and the role of women in the church. However, my own diocese does not subscribe to the same views and practices as the national leadership, or those of other diocese. We continue, as the ancient church always has, to denounce all sin, including homosexuality and we hold to a the primacy and literal interpretation of scripture. That is the only experience I have ever personally had with the Anglican Church. What you see on t.v. isn't necessarily what is happening in each and every dioceses.

Well, you might say, "you should seperate from the Episcopal Church because it gives the appearance of evil," i.e., that because of what the news says of the national leadership, people will assume I am in agreement with them even though my dioceses stands in stark contrast to them. To which I reply, "what can I do about it." I cannot control what the t.v. reports. I can't help it that they fail to mention that the vast majority of dioceses do not agree with the national leadership and that even some of them have came under the bishopric of foreign bishops. The t.v. and newspapers never come to my church and report about how we are the same old Anglican Church that produced this country's founding fathers and that we still hold true to scriptural truths. I simply can't help that you only get one side of this very controversial issue that is much more heated within the Church than it is outside of it.

You even go a little further and question whether or not I am truely a Christian because of what you read in the paper and see on t.v. about my Church. I can't stop you from doing so. However, before you made such a personal decision about me (which I don't think is valid to begin with bacause no one ever got to heaven or kept out of heaven because of which Chuch they attended - I'm relying on my faith for that) I think you should come to my own diocese, or better yet, my own church. This is also a dangerous standard from which to start questioning the salvation of others. I know for a fact that there are Baptist Churches out there that have women serving as pastors (or preachers - I'm never really sure what you call them), yet I don't see Brother Matt changing the name of this website and I don't see any threads devoted to the topic.

In the end, I think you are expecting this country to start looking like a theocracy based on Christianity. I don't think that is necessarily a bad idea. However, that is not why this country was founded and the very first amendment we made to our incorporating document (the constitution) includes a provision that protects the free practice of each and every persons religion, no matter what that religion may or may not be, which includes the freedom from having another person's religious beliefs forced upon us. This is not my rule or my opinion or the way I think things should be - this is the way things in fact are. From what you are saying, I can only gather that you are for a complete revision of our constitution which would make any violation of Christian morals illegal. I don't won't that. I'm not always morally perfact and I would be very scared if that basic flaw subjected me to being in violation of the law. We simply wouldn't have enough jails to house all the Christians.

• Members

Anne Rice seems to be denouncing RCC because her son is a professing homosexual. She was interviewed on TV the other night and I caught part of it. With her son a homosexual she now thinks that is A OK!

It seems that many of our Baptist brethren and or sisters, when they have a family members, especially son or daughter, become a part of a false teaching church and or profess to be homosexual, it changes their core beliefs and they will no longer think homosexuality is a sin, nor that the church they joined to is a false teaching church.

We have an elderly woman whose daughter married a church of Christ man, of course she joined with the church of Christ, them raised her 2 daughters in the church of Christ. Now it upsets her if anyone says that the church of Christ does not teach the one true path for one to be saved.

Take notice of Israel in the Old Testament, every time they joined together with those who worship idols, it got them in trouble. When they come out from among them God would forgive them, yet they would do the very same thing again and again. Seems many of us follow the same paths. When we start running with unbelievers and or false teachers we start getting in trouble and venturing away from the one true God.

Very few professing Christians heed these verses.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

We are to OBey the laws of our land as long as they do not cause us to sin against God. When they start making us sin against God, at that point we are to OBey God them suffer what ever consequences it may have on us, thanking God we are worthy to suffer for His sake. The trouble is there be few professing Christians who will actually suffer for the sake of God.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

But many modern day professing Christains thinks the Christian walk is a 'walk though the park," a walk of having everything and never doing without anything, having all of ones wants fufilled.

• Members

I'll address this since it implicates a questioning of my own faith. I am an Anglican. In America, that means I attend an Epsicopal Church. My Church is located within a diocese within my state (my state has two dicoese because the majority of Christians here are in fact Anglicans). My diocese has a Bishop and he is the spiritual head of all the churches within the diocese.

The Episcopal Church also has a national leadership that is also headed by a Bishop called the Presiding Bishop which is also the president of the House of Bishops. However, this national leadership has no control over the individual dioceses as described above. They are merely figure heads, so to speak. Currently, the presiding Bishop is a woman. The national leadership of the Church is indeed deeply wrong on several issues, namely sexual orientation, the primacy of scripture and the role of women in the church. However, my own diocese does not subscribe to the same views and practices as the national leadership, or those of other diocese. We continue, as the ancient church always has, to denounce all sin, including homosexuality and we hold to a the primacy and literal interpretation of scripture. That is the only experience I have ever personally had with the Anglican Church. What you see on t.v. isn't necessarily what is happening in each and every dioceses.

Well, you might say, "you should seperate from the Episcopal Church because it gives the appearance of evil," i.e., that because of what the news says of the national leadership, people will assume I am in agreement with them even though my dioceses stands in stark contrast to them. To which I reply, "what can I do about it." I cannot control what the t.v. reports. I can't help it that they fail to mention that the vast majority of dioceses do not agree with the national leadership and that even some of them have came under the bishopric of foreign bishops. The t.v. and newspapers never come to my church and report about how we are the same old Anglican Church that produced this country's founding fathers and that we still hold true to scriptural truths. I simply can't help that you only get one side of this very controversial issue that is much more heated within the Church than it is outside of it.

You even go a little further and question whether or not I am truely a Christian because of what you read in the paper and see on t.v. about my Church. I can't stop you from doing so. However, before you made such a personal decision about me (which I don't think is valid to begin with bacause no one ever got to heaven or kept out of heaven because of which Chuch they attended - I'm relying on my faith for that) I think you should come to my own diocese, or better yet, my own church. This is also a dangerous standard from which to start questioning the salvation of others. I know for a fact that there are Baptist Churches out there that have women serving as pastors (or preachers - I'm never really sure what you call them), yet I don't see Brother Matt changing the name of this website and I don't see any threads devoted to the topic.

In the end, I think you are expecting this country to start looking like a theocracy based on Christianity. I don't think that is necessarily a bad idea. However, that is not why this country was founded and the very first amendment we made to our incorporating document (the constitution) includes a provision that protects the free practice of each and every persons religion, no matter what that religion may or may not be, which includes the freedom from having another person's religious beliefs forced upon us. This is not my rule or my opinion or the way I think things should be - this is the way things in fact are. From what you are saying, I can only gather that you are for a complete revision of our constitution which would make any violation of Christian morals illegal. I don't won't that. I'm not always morally perfact and I would be very scared if that basic flaw subjected me to being in violation of the law. We simply wouldn't have enough jails to house all the Christians.

You sure assume a lot. While I have seen a bit about the degeneracy of the Episcopal church on TV, I don't actually watch much TV and get most of my information elsewhere, including first hand.

The leadership structure of the Episcopal church is corrupt. Scripture is clear that true Christians are to separate themselves from such. If your particular church is as biblically sound as you say then they should have already separated themselves. If a particular church refuses to separate from such ungodliness then the true Christians within the church should go to another church or form another church.

Scripture is very clear Christians are to separate themselves from false leaders as well as those who refuse to abide by the Word of God.

There are some Baptist churches in this area and though they were not as corrupt as the Episcopal church, they yet took a turn away from where they had been on the solid rock. Efforts were made to correct the wrong turn but when they failed the true Christians in those churches sought out different churches.

The name of the church doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not they hold to Scripture or not. If they do, then praise the Lord, if not, then it's time to separate. For those churches and members who belong to denominations structured along the lines of Episcopals the same applies; it's far beyond time for the good local churches to separate from the Episcopals or for the members to depart. In many cases, this has already happened.

I know a great many former Episcopals and Methodists who have separated themselves from the wickedness that has overcome their former churches.

Such is the command of God and not subject to the opinions of men.

• Members

I'm Episcopalian as well and like ptwild I'll rely on my faith and the work Jesus did on the cross 2000 years ago to get me to heaven, not my church.

Sure, there are a few social issues that have come up on this board that the vast majority of you do not agree with me on. If you went to my church back home in the south or my church up here in NYC, you would find people who agree with me and disagree with me. I don't want this to devolve into a discussion of female priests/ministers because that's not the point so I'm not going to go into that. The bottom line is I don't believe in legislating my religious beliefs. That doesn't mean I support sin it means that the proper way to get people to turn from their sin isn't by legal force.

• Members

Anne Rice seems to be denouncing RCC because her son is a professing homosexual. She was interviewed on TV the other night and I caught part of it. With her son a homosexual she now thinks that is A OK!

It seems that many of our Baptist brethren and or sisters, when they have a family members, especially son or daughter, become a part of a false teaching church and or profess to be homosexual, it changes their core beliefs and they will no longer think homosexuality is a sin, nor that the church they joined to is a false teaching church.

We have an elderly woman whose daughter married a church of Christ man, of course she joined with the church of Christ, them raised her 2 daughters in the church of Christ. Now it upsets her if anyone says that the church of Christ does not teach the one true path for one to be saved.

Take notice of Israel in the Old Testament, every time they joined together with those who worship idols, it got them in trouble. When they come out from among them God would forgive them, yet they would do the very same thing again and again. Seems many of us follow the same paths. When we start running with unbelievers and or false teachers we start getting in trouble and venturing away from the one true God.

Very few professing Christians heed these verses.

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

We are to OBey the laws of our land as long as they do not cause us to sin against God. When they start making us sin against God, at that point we are to OBey God them suffer what ever consequences it may have on us, thanking God we are worthy to suffer for His sake. The trouble is there be few professing Christians who will actually suffer for the sake of God.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

But many modern day professing Christains thinks the Christian walk is a 'walk though the park," a walk of having everything and never doing without anything, having all of ones wants fufilled.

It's a real shame but I know what you say is true. How amazingly shallow are so many professing Christians when something personal in their lives comes in conflict with the Word of God. Are we to ignore the Word of God because someone we know submits to the sin of homosexuality? Are we to ignore the Word of God because we want to be rid of our spouse and find us a "better" one?

It's all too common for professing Christians to put their own desires above God. Christ is Saviour AND Lord, not just Saviour. If we proclaim Christ as our Saviour we must have Christ as our Lord as well. It seems a great many professing Christians want the security feeling of Jesus as Saviour but they don't want their lives interferred with by having Jesus as Lord. An unbiblical concept that more than a few pastors even promote.

A lot of professing Christians are more interested in comfort and ease or even tradition than it doing what the Word of God commands. They will sit in a corrupt church rather than find a good church because it's so much easier. They don't want to upset anyone by leaving but they are unconcerned with how their sin grieves the Lord. They will remain yoked to an ungodly church because their family has always done that and better to disrespect God than to risk offending their family.

As you rightly point out, Christ never promised us a life of ease and comfort where everyone would love us and all would go our way. Rather the Lord told us plainly that following Him will cost us and if we are not willing to pay the price we are unworthy to be His disciple.

• Members

You sure assume a lot. While I have seen a bit about the degeneracy of the Episcopal church on TV, I don't actually watch much TV and get most of my information elsewhere, including first hand.

The leadership structure of the Episcopal church is corrupt. Scripture is clear that true Christians are to separate themselves from such. If your particular church is as biblically sound as you say then they should have already separated themselves. If a particular church refuses to separate from such ungodliness then the true Christians within the church should go to another church or form another church.

Scripture is very clear Christians are to separate themselves from false leaders as well as those who refuse to abide by the Word of God.

There are some Baptist churches in this area and though they were not as corrupt as the Episcopal church, they yet took a turn away from where they had been on the solid rock. Efforts were made to correct the wrong turn but when they failed the true Christians in those churches sought out different churches.

The name of the church doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not they hold to Scripture or not. If they do, then praise the Lord, if not, then it's time to separate. For those churches and members who belong to denominations structured along the lines of Episcopals the same applies; it's far beyond time for the good local churches to separate from the Episcopals or for the members to depart. In many cases, this has already happened.

I know a great many former Episcopals and Methodists who have separated themselves from the wickedness that has overcome their former churches.

Such is the command of God and not subject to the opinions of men.

It's interesting that some Baptists condemn churches like the Catholic church for teaching that they must be part of a specific church to be saved, but they are often the first to question if one is a "true Christian" when attending a church other than a Baptist church.

Maybe that old joke about Baptists thinking they are the only ones in heaven has a little bit of truth? :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm Episcopalian as well and like ptwild I'll rely on my faith and the work Jesus did on the cross 2000 years ago to get me to heaven, not my church.

Sure, there are a few social issues that have come up on this board that the vast majority of you do not agree with me on. If you went to my church back home in the south or my church up here in NYC, you would find people who agree with me and disagree with me. I don't want this to devolve into a discussion of female priests/ministers because that's not the point so I'm not going to go into that. The bottom line is I don't believe in legislating my religious beliefs. That doesn't mean I support sin it means that the proper way to get people to turn from their sin isn't by legal force.

Scripture is clear that a true follower of Christ won't yoke themselves to ungodly churches. This has nothing to do with any legal force but rather with OBeying the Word of God.

Women priests are a direct violation of the Word of God and those who remain in churches which have women priests are yoking themselves to this wickedness and giving their approval by their unwillingness to separate as God commands.

Christ is to be the Lord of our entire lives. If we are not willing to accept Christ as Lord of all but rather demand that we be allowed to follow our own beliefs and do as we think best, then Christ declares we are not His.

Refusing to OBey the Lord, to continue going about things our own way, to continue yoking ourselves to wickedness, is a form of denying Christ for such denies that Christ is truly Lord.

• Members

It's interesting that some Baptists condemn churches like the Catholic church for teaching that they must be part of a specific church to be saved, but they are often the first to question if one is a "true Christian" when attending a church other than a Baptist church.

Maybe that old joke about Baptists thinking they are the only ones in heaven has a little bit of truth? :rolleyes:

You've not seen me adovocate that any one particular church or denomination is "the church" or that only those who attend one are heavenbound.

Followers of Christ are called to point out false religions, to shine the light of truth upon churches that turn from the light towards darkness. Followers of Christ are called to separate from wickedness and not to be yoked with such.

We are to OBey the Word of God and truly follow Christ, not any particular church. Whatever the name of the church, if they accept wickedness, if they don't operate according to the Word of God, then any true Christian is to separate from such.

• Members

Scripture is clear that a true follower of Christ won't yoke themselves to ungodly churches. This has nothing to do with any legal force but rather with OBeying the Word of God.

Women priests are a direct violation of the Word of God and those who remain in churches which have women priests are yoking themselves to this wickedness and giving their approval by their unwillingness to separate as God commands.

Christ is to be the Lord of our entire lives. If we are not willing to accept Christ as Lord of all but rather demand that we be allowed to follow our own beliefs and do as we think best, then Christ declares we are not His.

Refusing to OBey the Lord, to continue going about things our own way, to continue yoking ourselves to wickedness, is a form of denying Christ for such denies that Christ is truly Lord.

I am no more "yoked" to those Anglican Churches with female priests than you are "yoked" to those Baptist Churches that have female pastors/preachers. The Church I attend every sunday does not recognize the ordination of women and does not tolerate homosexuality, so I'm a little confused as to what I am supposed to separate from. That KJB you hold so dear was produced by the Anglican Church, so I don't know if you want to keep using it considering how wicked we all are.

• Members

I am no more "yoked" to those Anglican Churches with female priests than you are "yoked" to those Baptist Churches that have female pastors/preachers. The Church I attend every sunday does not recognize the ordination of women and does not tolerate homosexuality, so I'm a little confused as to what I am supposed to separate from. That KJB you hold so dear was produced by the Anglican Church, so I don't know if you want to keep using it considering how wicked we all are.

Is there a reason you don't like to address things directly but instead continually attempt to toss in side issues and aspects irrelevant?

Is the church you attend yoked to, a part of, the Episcopal church or not?

The Anglican church of yesteryear is not the same as the Anglican church of today.

My KJB was "produced" in America :icon_mrgreen: