• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ground Zero Mosque Reveals Deeper Muslim Problem

• Members

EDITORIAL: No time for Islam
Giant clock symbolizes religion's expansionist aspirations
By THE WASHINGTON TIMES
-
The Washington Times
7:03 p.m., Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In a severe case of clock envy, Saudi Arabia has erected a nearly 2,000-foot-high timepiece intended to stake a symbolic claim for Mecca as the world's center. Islamic scholars have proposed that the Royal Mecca Clock Tower supplant the OBservatory in Greenwich, England, to set the new glOBal standard time. It is the latest form of Muslim glOBal outreach - taking control of time itself.

The Mecca clock is as much propaganda as it is a timepiece. Its purpose is to proselytize. "In the name of Allah" is written in Arabic on the clock face, and tens of thousands of green and white lights will flash five times a day to remind people when to pray.

The explicitly sectarian nature of the project does not contradict its scientific basis, according to Muslim scholars. The glOBal switch to Mecca time was proposed in 2008 during an Islamic conference in Qatar. Sheikh Youssef al-Qaradawy hosted a panel called "Mecca, the Centre of the Earth, Theory and Practice," in which he claimed that Mecca's perfect alignment with magnetic north made it the ideal scientific choice. This is not true, but in Islamic thought, all scientific inquiry is subordinate to the truth revealed in the Koran and the sayings and life of Muhammad. If Islam's prophet said Mecca is the center of the universe, it must be so. If OBservable facts contradict this claim, they must be reconciled or ignored. Failing that, just build the largest clock in the world and let the nonbelievers deal with it.

Time zones are admittedly arbitrary, but they are required by modern travel and technology. The Greenwich convention is a leftover from the British Empire, which had a vital interest in time zones because it spanned the glOBe. The United States at first resisted the notion that Greenwich should be the prime meridian, and Pierre L'Enfant envisioned it set at the U.S. Capitol. In 1793, Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson established a meridian running through the White House and up 16th Street (hence Meridian Hill Park in the Columbia Heights neighborhood). In 1850, Congress declared "the meridian of the [Naval] OBservatory at Washington shall be adopted and used as the American meridian for all astronomical purposes and ... the meridian of Greenwich shall be adopted for all nautical purposes." By the early 20th century, the United States gave up on the quixotic notion that the world revolved around Washington and adopted Greenwich time.

It is easy to dismiss Mecca Mean Time as a stunt, especially in the days when official time is set by atomic clocks and reminders to pray can be sent by text message, but it is another example of the ways in which the Muslim world seeks to impose a new glOBal orthodoxy. In the clash of civilizations, nothing is off-limits. Another, more serious example is the proposal from the Organization of the Islamic Conference that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, one of the fundamental agreements in international law, be supplanted in Muslim-majority countries by Shariah law. In other words, the organization rejects the notion that universal human rights exist - at least, not as the rest of the world has defined them.

As the world grows more open, as humanity becomes more interconnected, the orthodox defenders of the Muslim religion are finding more ways to separate themselves and divide the world into competing camps. Those in the OBama administration infected with the mania for "outreach" to Islam have to come to grips with the fact that Muslim leaders do not want what the West has to offer and are doing everything in their power to segregate themselves and the people they rule. For them it will always be Mecca time.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/11/no-time-for-islam/

They can control earthly time all they want. I know the one who controls eternity.

• Members

As a Christian, I won't support anything that denies the deity of Christ. They are anti-Christs. Islam denies the deity of Christ.

As an American, I take offense from anyone who would support such an outrageous symbol of disrespect for innocent lives taken when the Islamic terrorists destroyed the world trade centers.

As a retired Navy vet, I'm appalled by the prevailing attitude of disrespect Americans have for themselves.

• Members

As a Christian, I won't support anything that denies the deity of Christ. They are anti-Christs. Islam denies the deity of Christ.

As an American, I take offense from anyone who would support such an outrageous symbol of disrespect for innocent lives taken when the Islamic terrorists destroyed the world trade centers.

As a retired Navy vet, I'm appalled by the prevailing attitude of disrespect Americans have for themselves.

:amen:

• Members

I'm supportive of their right to build a mosque just like I'm supporting of Baptists rights to build churches.

That, my friend, is exactly the point! Either everyone has religious freedom, or religious freedom does not exist.

• Members

That, my friend, is exactly the point! Either everyone has religious freedom, or religious freedom does not exist.

Do you grant "religious freedom" to those who perform animal sacrifices and those who perform humans sacrifices?

What about the use of various drugs some religions want to use?

What about those who want to "handle" the deadliest of snakes?

How about allowing polygamy because the religions teach such?

What about a religion which says they must build themselves up until they are able to force their host to adopt their religious laws?

• Members

Do you grant "religious freedom" to those who perform animal sacrifices and those who perform humans sacrifices?

What about a religion which says they must build themselves up until they are able to force their host to adopt their religious laws?

John: No doubt that if someone has to break the law to practice their religion then we must prohibit the practice to the extent that it breaks the law. However, until we have evidence that they are breaking the law, there isn't any reason to prohibit them from practicing their religion. Your snake handling example is a good one. Those folks claim to be Christians. Should we prohibit everyone from practicing Christianity because one group of supposed Christians happens to endanger themselves and others in their practice of Christianity?

• Members

John: No doubt that if someone has to break the law to practice their religion then we must prohibit the practice to the extent that it breaks the law. However, until we have evidence that they are breaking the law, there isn't any reason to prohibit them from practicing their religion. Your snake handling example is a good one. Those folks claim to be Christians. Should we prohibit everyone from practicing Christianity because one group of supposed Christians happens to endanger themselves and others in their practice of Christianity?

Then by your own accounting here if a law were passed to prohibit the mosque from being built near the 9/11 site then that would be okay.

• Members

Then by your own accounting here if a law were passed to prohibit the mosque from being built near the 9/11 site then that would be okay.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with my previous comments but, yes, if a legitimate law that could withstand constitutional scrutiny were passed prohibiting a mosque (and any and all other places of worship) from being build in a certain location (I'm thinking of maybe a zoning ordinance), then that would be ok. However, to withstand constitutional scrutiny, there would have to be a rational basis, it couldn't be passed to keep certain people from getting their feelings hurt or because a specific group just doesn't like the idea or based simply on emotionalism.

• Members

I'm not really sure what that has to do with my previous comments but, yes, if a legitimate law that could withstand constitutional scrutiny were passed prohibiting a mosque (and any and all other places of worship) from being build in a certain location (I'm thinking of maybe a zoning ordinance), then that would be ok. However, to withstand constitutional scrutiny, there would have to be a rational basis, it couldn't be passed to keep certain people from getting their feelings hurt or because a specific group just doesn't like the idea or based simply on emotionalism.

The law would only have to effect the mosque. There would be no need to make other buildings illegal if the intent was only to keep a mosque from being built there.

• Members

The law would only have to effect the mosque. There would be no need to make other buildings illegal if the intent was only to keep a mosque from being built there.

I believe that would be a clear violation of equal protection. We can't treat one group of people different from everyone else based solely on their religion.

• Members

John, Some do not know any better than to support anything and everything. Think about this.

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

8 They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.

9 And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.

10 For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the LORD.

11 Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.

Hosea 4:6-11

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

ISLAM IS A GOVERNMENT DICTATORSHIP HOUSED IN RELIGION

By Dr. Laurie Roth
September 3, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

While much of the country is rolling their eyes regarding the continued push and deceit behind the 100 million dollar mosque at ground zero on New York, Islam marches forth in the US boldly. America as usual gets confused about ‘religious rights’ while Muslims build Mosques and manipulate toward Sharia control in city after city.

The latest CNN Poll shows that nearly 70% of Americans oppose the Mosque at ground zero, yet Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the front man pushing this, continues to charge forward as American tax payers pay for his trips abroad to Muslim countries, talking of the Islamic condition and status back in the US.

As Doug Hagmann of Northeast Intelligence Network revealed on my national radio show a few weeks ago, Rauf is about as peaceful and harmless as a den of rattlesnakes. His translated words from several Arabic interviews portray him as a Hamas supporting, Sharia law pushing radical that gets his money tracked back to Saudi Royals, Iran and Muslim Brotherhood channels just to name a few.

Like so many Imams and Islamic leaders he hides behind the peaceful, white beard, statements of Religious rights and lectures us all about working together. Just this week, Whalid Shoebat, a former radical Islamic, Palestinian terrorist shared on my show the further statements of Imam Rauf translated from Arabic. It is clear his goal is for Islam and Sharia law to take over the US. He boldly said in an interview that he does not believe in Religious tolerance or respect for other religions at all, but talks of Islamic domination in society.

The bottom line is that the push for the massive ground zero mosque is nothing but the tip of the iceberg. Islam is in the process of taking over all of America and transforming her to an Islamic republic OBserving Sharia law.

The growth of mosques all across the US is aggressive and heavily funded by Saudi Arabia and Iran. In 2001 there were 1,209 mosques in the US and by 2008 there were 6,000. The money behind these mosques comes from the dangerous and activist strain of Islam, Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia. Since 1970 Saudi Arabia has spent 80 billion dollars to promote this radical Islamic message worldwide by funding mosques, schools and radical Wahhabi and Sharia agendas. Not to be outdone, Iran also spends billions to promote its radical version, Shiism. Together they are the double barrel shotgun that is funding their scheme to take over the world, with the US being their most sought after treasure.

Amil Imani of Family Security Matters talks of what goes on traditionally in these mosques. They not only worship Allah and Muhammed but they indoctrinate future terrorists who learn of Jihad, martyrdom and Dar ul Harb (any place not Islamcized yet.) Imani states that Imams and Islamic leaders sent to the US to lead, now in 6000 mosques, are all funded by radical Saudi or Iranian sources with the purpose of taking over America community by community.

You think I’m extreme or nutty? Who would have ever thought most of Europe would allow itself to be taken over by Islam? Sadly, they are dying now and looking for a way out? It is almost impossible for Europe now. Will it be impossible for the US as well, the last bastion of freedom, Judeo/Christian values and heritage in the world? Listen to the words of Amil Imani.

“…Again, Muslims first make their mark by establishing mosques in as many towns and cities as they can. These mosques range from the ostentatious, such as the one in Washington D.C., to the academically-cloaked University Islamic centers, to the innocuous storefront types and even prison chapels. One and all have the same aims: Hold the faithful in line, recruit as many new adherents by any and all means, and indoctrinate one and all in the imperative of Islamic conquest.”
Yes we must continue to fight any push for a Mosque at ground zero because it is a vicious, arrogant insult to the victims of 9/11 in general, but also and arrogant and continued push of radical Islam hiding behind the poisonous veil of peace and religious rights.

More importantly, why has America not seen this massive growth of Saudi and Iranian backed mosques in the US? Do we not see that this movement has nothing to do at all with Religious rights but is an arrogant and calculated plan to take over, capture and dominate America for Islam?

I don’t want to be unfair or hurt people who choose differently in life then me but Islam has continuously revealed that it is really a Government dictatorship package housed in the skeleton of a Religion. We must wake up to the fact that Sharia Law is the cancerous opposite to our treasured constitution and bill of rights.

What kind of religion and law values women as half of a man, guides husbands as to how to beat their wives and demands execution for gays, stoning for people caught in adultery and cutting off of limbs for stealing? I’ll tell you what kind? A religion that is pretending to be a religion that is really an intimidating, controlling Dictatorship scheme.

America wake up! I want to know what is going on in the 6000 mosques, hiding behind ‘freedom of speech.’ I think it is high time American authorities stop waxing so polite and intimidated and start tracking what is being said and taught in US mosques and schools, then having the guts and clarity to shut more than a few down.

We are a Christian nation land will not be taken over by Islam as Europe is allowing!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Roth/laurie230.htm

• Members

Freedom in America just may be Americas downfall, that is they will allow those who hate us the freedom to do as they please.

As originally put forth and practiced for about 150 years, freedom was not a wild beast allowing anything to go. Rather in order to claim the freedom to do something one had to abide by the laws put forth to fence freedom within safe boundaries for our greater good.

Unrestrained freedom is a curse, not a blessing, and such will bring a nation down.