• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

1611 KJB

• Administrators

Does anyone know where a study-sized, leather cover King James 1611 Bible can be had that does not contain the Apocrypha? Does anyone publish such?

Have you ever heard of the Defined King James? It is published by D.A. Waite, a stalwart on the KJB. I have the large print, and it is so nice for my eyes. Mornings it is hard for my eyes to focus on smaller print, so I am thankful!! Words that can be hard to understand are defined in it - but no personal opinions or commentary.

http://www.biblefortoday.org/dKJB_intro.htm

This isn't an original 1611, though, if that's what you're looking for.

• Members

Does anyone know where a study-sized, leather cover King James 1611 Bible can be had that does not contain the Apocrypha? Does anyone publish such?

You'll prOBably be hard pressed to find a 1611 KJV, since there have been several updates since then. If you are able to find an original 1611 you'll have to settle for one containing the Apocrypha since the 1611 version contained the Apocrypha. The 1769 text offered versions with and without the Apocrypha and is prOBably what HC is referring to in the above post.

• Members

You'll prOBably be hard pressed to find a 1611 KJV, since there have been several updates since then. If you are able to find an original 1611 you'll have to settle for one containing the Apocrypha since the 1611 version contained the Apocrypha. The 1769 text offered versions with and without the Apocrypha and is prOBably what HC is referring to in the above post.

You'll also have to settle for one that includes the Anglican lectionary.

• Members

You'll also have to settle for one that includes the Anglican lectionary.

True. You'll also have to deal with some bizarre spellings since English spelling wasn't standardized at that time.

Might want to go with a 1769.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks guys.
I have a hardback 1611 fax copy from Hendrickson. I enjoy studying from it, just slow down while reading and it's not that difficult. While my old, worn out Thompson and old Scofield's are not going anywhere from me, I'd enjoy a nice leather cover 1611, but I've never seen one that didn't have the Apocrypha.