• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prop 8 ruling: nothing 'wrong' with being gay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why would a person who was in Christ make these statements that are totally contrary to Scripture?

Amazing isn't it.

Well unless you have gone and asked this writer if she is saved by grace through faith in Jesus then I can't imagine how you can make a judgement on her salvation. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you are saved by grace through faith and believing that homosexuality is wrong. If you believe that then you are adding to the gospel.

• Members

The "meaning" of the word gay sure seems to have changed over the years.

Maybe we should refer to them as sodomites??!!

Absolutely! Christians make a serious mistake when we use the terminology "they" want us to use. Such changes in terms is designed to make the sin sound more acceptable. Christians would be wise to call them Sodomites or homosexuals as these are accurate. "Gay" was once a beautiful word but has now been corrupted to represent a sin God calls an abomination.

• Members

Well unless you have gone and asked this writer if she is saved by grace through faith in Jesus then I can't imagine how you can make a judgement on her salvation. Nowhere in the Bible does it say you are saved by grace through faith and believing that homosexuality is wrong. If you believe that then you are adding to the gospel.

The Bible does say we are to judge ourselves and others as to whether or not they are Christians by their fruit. Someone saying there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, a sin God calls an abomination, is bearing bad fruit and they and others should examine their salvation to see if it's sure or not.

• Members

The Bible does say we are to judge ourselves and others as to whether or not they are Christians by their fruit. Someone saying there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, a sin God calls an abomination, is bearing bad fruit and they and others should examine their salvation to see if it's sure or not.

No doubt that saying homosexuality is not a sin is wrong can be a form of "bad fruit" (however, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but are we supposed to know "false prophets" by their fruit - not necessarily whether or not someone has faith in Chrsit). But, even so, shouldn't we judge the person by all their fruits and not just the bad? And if we are unaware of all of their fruits, shouldn't we withhold judgment until all of their fruits are known? For no one has all "good fruit." Even though we may be Christians, we will still sin and therefore produce "bad fruit" at times. Therefore, judging a person based on only the limited information one has about that person, doesn't seem prudent. And even then, once you start weighing the good fruit against the bad, you find yourself judging their salvation based on what they have done or not done - in other words, based on their works or lack thereof. No amount of works or lack of works will ever warrant salvation. That's why I believe it is best to just "judge not that ye be not judged." For the Bible tells us that if we are going to judge people by weighing their bad fruit against their good fruit, or by only considering their bad fruit, that we to will be judged in the exact same way. Scary to think about.

• Administrators

There are people who claim to be Christians who believe that homosexuality is fine. And they twist scripture to say so. But the plain fact of the matter is (and I don't think anyone will argue this - I'm just making a point) it is an abomination to God. And, thus we can know something clearly about the one who supports homosexuality. 1. They are not saved, or 2. They do not know the Bible.

We cannot definitively say that this author is not saved, unless we have spoken to her and she has told us one way or another (and, even then, she could be lying...). But one's actions most definitely do cast a light on one's spirituality or lack thereof.

When a person consistently supports things that are anti-Bible, it makes one pause to think that possibly they are not saved. If they were, surely the Holy Spirit would convict them.

I don't know if the woman is saved or not. I do know that she doesn't understand the nature of the sin she is supporting.

• Members

Mt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Their fruit is, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality

Le 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Le 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:

Ro 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Ro 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Ro 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Ro 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Ro 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Ro 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprOBate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Ro 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Ro 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disOBedient to parents,
Ro 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Ro 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

That is they call the sin of homosexuality which God calls an abrogation, A OK, that its not a sin.

So by their fruit we know them, their fruit is rotten to the core when you compare it to the Holy Scriptures. Yet they could be saved, but backslidden. Yet more than likely they have never known Jesus.

In fact such people as this writer encourages others to partake of homosexuality, in other words encourages people to sin against God. This person is working hard for old Satan.

• Members
<br />The &quot;meaning&quot; of the word gay sure seems to have changed over the years.<br /><br />Maybe we should refer to them as sodomites??!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

They have ruined to word 'gay.' I was recently reading a book written in the early 1900's when the word gay had not been ruined. Every time I read the word 'gay,' I had to remember it was still a good word in those days.

I have no prOBlem with the word sodomites, not at all, but I generally use the world homosexual. No doubt, that day is growing near, sinners now flaunt their sins before everyone, no shame within them, its quickly getting as it was when God rained fire and brimstone down on Sodom & Gomorrah. It really males me nauseated to see pictures in the new of man kissing man, woman kissing woman. What is worse when they say its no sin against God, and or professing Christians defending them, and that is getting common place.

• Members

The ruling wrt prop 8 was based on the law of the land, you cannot withhold a legal right from a group of people because some other group, majority of not, feels that it should be withheld.

The people voted against it.

Furthermore, the Founding Fathers would not have stood for this. I believe it was George Washington who had his men run a homosexual Army officer out of the camp.

You are bringing damnation upon your country if you allow evil. Homosexuality is one of the most perverse sins imaginable.

"Marriage" between a man and a man or a woman and a woman is as much a "legal right" as having the "right" to murder someone. Which, I might add, is allowed today.
In Christ,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14. Edited by Crushmaster