• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ground Zero Mosque Should Not Be Built

• Members

Okay, so the head of CAIR (an organization with connections to jihadists...) says Peter King should be ignored. Hmmmm. Why? If this mosque is just a place for peace-loving muslims to worship, they shouldn't be upset at disclosing where the money is coming from.

And the imam says there will be (maybe already have) donations from various Arab and Islamic (isn't that pretty redundant?) countries...Well, last I looked, a good number of those islamic countries support jihad and sharia law. Something that doesn't belong in America.

Peter King hit the nail on the head: this isn't appropriate. And that isn't a knee-jerk reaction (sorry, CPR, but that comment wasn't really very kind - strong feelings abound about this and not every American opposes it in a knee-jerk reactive way.) At this time, we are at war with islamic jihad. And, whether we like it or not, many mosques in this country TEACH jihad to the worshippers (and that isn't my word - that comes from muslims who know). Who's to say this one won't? Who's to say it will? But to build it so near the site of 9-11 is wrong on so many counts.

And to build it ON the site of a business that was closed after being struck by fallout from the attack...

The planners and attackers on 9-11 (and even before that) were muslim. Allowing this mosque to be built where they are planning it (and, tell me, if it's just for worship - why in the world are muslim nations donating to it??) is a slap in the face at those who died there, and those who have died since fighting the jihadists.

Those who plant bombs at abortion clinics are not Christian in any way. They are not OBeying God (like the muslims who are OBeying Allah) - they are OBeying the god of this world (huh - same god, actually, that jihadis OBey). Just because they claim Christianity or the media labels them such does not make it so. TRUE Christians have NEVER used force to convert, nor have they used deception. Please note I said TRUE Christians.

Yes, there are muslims who are outraged at what's happened. And those muslims should speak up and say no to the mosque. It can be built elsewhere.

True, but their holy book tells, teaches, them if we, Christians, refuse to convert, murder them, them take what they have for yours.

It teaches them to do this no matter if they supporting members of Al Qaeda or some other group, or even if they're the so called good Musilms spoken of by both Mr. Bush and Mr. OBama.

In fact, if they do not hold to theses truths they're not good Muslims according to their Holy Book.

In America we seem to be losing freedoms on one way, yet our enemies seem to be using freedoms in order to have the upper hand. Muslims are great at it, for its OK according to their Holy Book to lie, cheat, and murder in order to advance their faith. There is no "Golden Rule" for them.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sorry, but that is not true in times of war. This could very well come under the category of giving succor to the enemy. I know that the rank and file of muslims are not our enemy. But jihadists are, that is whom we are fighting. Allowing this mosque to be built so near the site of an attack on our country, with monies donated by some of the very countries we are fighting, is bowing to the enemy. And, uh, could possibly be treasonous if enemy nations are donating...

Religious liberty, via the first amendment, was never written to allow enemy combatants succor in the US. Again, I know the argument that those who worship there will be those who work in the area...but, really, that isn't going to be the case - donations from muslim nations should really sound alarms for people. An Islamic center? Several stories? It's much more than a mosque.

Actually it is the case in times of war. That's when we need these protections the most. We usually don't mind allowing freedoms for people that we agree with or when everything is going well. It's when times are tough that we need to ensure these protections. Also, it's important to remember that we aren't fighting a country. We aren't at war with Iraq or Afghanistan- there has been no such thing declared- we are fighting a war against terrorist organizations and part of the war is taking place in those countries. It is an important distinction.

Muslim-Americans are not enemy combatants. To be honest, I'm a little disturbed that anyone would suggest that. (Not necessarily you, HC, speaking broadly of all comments.) Again, there are lots and lots of mosques and Islamic centers in the US. Also, this center will not be located on the actual Ground Zero site, it is several blocks away. Now I understand that that is uncomfortably close, but realistically, where should we draw the line? Lower Manhattan? NYC?

And you are correct, it's a mis-nomer that this has been characterized as a mosque. It is actually an Islamic community center. From my understanding of what I have read about it there will be a room for prayer/worship, but the main structure is a community center. Also keep in mind that they are using a pre-existing building and in NYC most buildings are multiple stories but the individual floors may or may not be very large. They, like most everyone else have to adapt to the sometimes cramped space in NYC!

• Members

Muslim countries may be our enemies. But we make the most inplaccable, Saudi, our ally. The most anti Christian, anti Jewish, country on earth as well as the one that funds must of the mosques in the west.

• Members

Muslim countries may be our enemies. But we make the most inplaccable, Saudi, our ally. The most anti Christian, anti Jewish, country on earth as well as the one that funds must of the mosques in the west.

I don't think you'll hear to many here defending Saudi Arabia or the US relationship with them.

• Members

Read the Bible. It says very differently.

John, with all due respect that doesn't even make sense in response to what I posted. I have and do read the Bible, so I'm not sure why you would assume otherwise.

I'm merely trying to engage in a discussion about an issue that has people with reasonable opinions on both sides, even though it can be an emotional issue. I simply presented some facts that are true and brought up some things to think about. I didn't bring up any biblical issues. Constitutional/legal issues, yes. Biblical issues, no.

• Members

As Christians our first duty is to consult Scripture on all matters and adjust our beliefs, attitudes and actions according to the Word of God. All other considerations are secondary at best and if they don't align with Scripture they are not to be followed.

• Members

As Christians our first duty is to consult Scripture on all matters and adjust our beliefs, attitudes and actions according to the Word of God. All other considerations are secondary at best and if they don't align with Scripture they are not to be followed.

I will agree with you there, but I think that we are derailing here and stating things the OBvious that we both agree on and know to be true. I haven't said anything contrary to Scripture, I'm just try to discuss how the first amendment applies in this situation. I'm also trying to point out that Americans who happen to be Muslims are not enemy combatants.

If you are trying to take this in a spiritual direction, then yes, as Christians it is our duty to be a light for Jesus in the world to everyone, but I still would not call anyone an enemy combatant even in spiritual terms. Not saying that you would either, just launching a bit of a cyber pre-emptive strike! :lol::11backtotopic:

• Members

The First Amendment doesn't give carte blanche to the building of religious buildings anywhere they want.

A town near here has ordinances which prohibit churches and businesses selling booze from being within 2 blocks of one another.

Various zoning laws prohibit the building of religious places. The desires of locals, and sometimes of others, can impact what can be built where.

There is no "right" for a Muslim center to be built in that location. There is plenty of room for discretion to either deny such or allow it.

• Members

One is either for Christ, or against Christ. One is either on Christ side, or they stand against Christ.

As for the Muslims, they stand against Christ, and for Allah who is not a God, and the only kind of Allah can be is a god with a little g.

Muslims are rightly a spiritual enemy of those who walk with Jesus, but it would do nothing but harm to openly call them a spiritual enemy.

But it does no one any good to humor the Muslims by saying they worship the same God as we do. And yes, some have said this, even President Bush.

I recall "The Sword of the Lord" had an article on Islam quite while back, they told it just like it is, and rightly so, wish I had kept that article so that I could reference to the truths they wrote about it. I believe it was called, " 'Islam: A Raging Storm.'

http://www.theKJvstore.com/product_detail.php?sid=qiwzyzzb&mcid=3&pgid=1419&PHPSESSID=qiwzyzzb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

From what I understand, the group that wants to build the facility owns the land it is to be built on. The City of New York, nor anyone else for that matter, has any right to prohibit them from building whatever they want on their land. I would just love to see someone (a city, a person . . .) tell me I can't build a church on my land. If I was intent to do it, and someone told me I couldn't, I would build it twice as big then laugh in their face. So long as they aren't doing anything illegal, it's no one else's business.

<br /><br /><br />

Sorry, Here is America there be such thing as zoning laws, and one may own the land, but that does not mean he can build anything he wants to. Are you saying you would not OBey the laws of the land?

This was on the other thread so I brought it over here per moderator's request to keep things on topic.

Yes, we do have zoning laws. My parents could not suddenly decide to tear down their house and build a McDonalds even though they own their land. Their land is not zoned for commercial development. The proposed Islamic center does not violate zoning laws. There was even an investigation to see if the building warranted being historically preserved. The NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission voted unanimously to withhold its protection from the site. The OBjections to this center are not legal OBjections and have nothing to do with zoning.

• Members

You cannot have freedom for one group and no freedom for another. The Muslims have as much right to build there,they are not trying to oppress anyone, they are trying to build understanding here.

Selective freedom is always dangerous. If all are not free then none are really free.

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

• Members

You cannot have freedom for one group and no freedom for another. The Muslims have as much right to build there,they are not trying to oppress anyone, they are trying to build understanding here.

Build understanding? No... muslims don't want you to understand them..they want you to become one or die. That simple.

If they wanted to build understanding they would be screaming from the rooftops all over the world telling the terrorists to STOP killing in the name of their god. If they wanted to build understanding they would not be wanting this mosque, center whatever you want to call it, to be so close to the spot where other MUSLIMS flew planes into buildings killing so many innocent people...

• Members

Build understanding? No... muslims don't want you to understand them..they want you to become one or die. That simple.

If they wanted to build understanding they would be screaming from the rooftops all over the world telling the terrorists to STOP killing in the name of their god. If they wanted to build understanding they would not be wanting this mosque, center whatever you want to call it, to be so close to the spot where other MUSLIMS flew planes into buildings killing so many innocent people...

Have you missed the comments made, the fatwas issued AGAINST this kind of action by Muslims? And what of the Muslims who were in the buildings when the planes crashed into them?